Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must try and repeat it but having not seen an auto park indication show up for ages, I drove up the track from my house and as I passed the entrance to my neighbour’s, the 12 foot gap between his house and garage showed up as a parking space! It’s never done that before.

Looks like the FSD 10.3 beta, which is based on 20201.36.5.x has got the visual auto park (which allows it to park within white lines with no adjacent vehicles) but not the City Streets/Highways single stack. I've not had a chance to look for auto park on 2021.36.5 but will keep an eye out. So this could be the visual autopark at work. I have not seen a mention of it in even the FSD release notes so it may not be released with a big fanfare (other than Plaid) even with general release.

Reactions: Dilly
Reactions: MrBadger
Coming from 2021.32.x, just the mobile app improvements. No mention of the cold weather improvements. API version is now v24 (from v22 on 2021.32.x)

1634623798745.png

OK. So whilst looking to see if there were any release notes for visual auto park, I found the missing release notes for cold weather improvements. When viewing via software screen, rather than release notes screen presented immediately after install, the full list of installed release notes is shown even though not all the releases were discretely installed..

So cold weather improvements shown as a 2021.36 even though I skipped that version (2021.32.21 to 2021.36.5). Previously they would show as a cumulative rollup so would have been listed under 2021.36.5, but now they show against the release version, albeit a 'phantom' one. I think I prefer it being done like this now I know what is going on.

As an aside, no release notes for visual auto park that apparently came with 2021.36 and for those that got it, had release notes. I was also in a situation today where visual auto park should have been offered had it been available - so its either crap at spotting UK parking spaces, or I don't have it yet.

1635189932525.png

I'm not necessarily supporting his view, but Elon didn't actually say "proper" testing. He said all hardware configs in all conditions. I think hardware is key here, i.e. not simulated, and even he can't yet control the weather, for example.