Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, I didn't know that.. seems a bit strange that if you skip an intermediate version (because you're not offered it in time) that you don't see the cumulative patch notes since the version you had.

Also weird how we aren't getting the Autopark update. Surely the parking spaces in the UK (Europe?) aren't anything special.. it's still just lines demarcating a space.
Probably needs to turn off radar!

Well, that's the weird thing - the Autopark improvements are "vision only", which surely everyone has? I don't particularly care if it ignores radar if fitted (I'm not sure how it would use it in the context of auto parking anyway), but I'd like to have the feature please Tesla. :(

I doubt autopark ever used the front radar.

It might be that some of the vision only software is a dependency and they haven't completed testing of that bit of code for older cars.

The downside to their hardware incremental changes is.. lots of different hardware configs now to consider. I think they are discovering the hidden cost of continuous improvement.

Has the phantom braking been a problem that long? I thought maybe it was just since they’d started releasing the vision only software updates?
People were looking for the vision only updates to cure the spurious braking events that have existed forever. It has been suggested that one reason for the braking was a conflict between radar data and visual data ... so taking out the radar element was being suggested as a potential cure.

Reactions: teaston
I doubt autopark ever used the front radar.

I think you are correct. I'm pretty sure Autopark originally just used the ultrasonic 'bumper' sensors, which is why it could only auto-park between two parked cars that had been detected by the sensors (see below):

autopark.jpg

Then it was 'upgraded' to use the cameras (as well as the ultrasonic sensors, I assume), so it didn't need a between-car gap and could just park in a marked bay. This is being rolled out to various models in various countries, but doesn't seem to have made it to the UK yet. I have 2021.36.5.1 and, like @VanillaAir_UK I'm not seeing the option to park in any of the marked spaces in an empty car park.

Last edited:
Vision auto park seems to have hit the general fleet in 2021.36.5 but would appear to be a regional rollout as we don’t have it but some other regions do. It also became part of the FSD city streets beta release too with 10.3 et al.

I have not seen anyone saying that it’s only for vision only cars (and I pushed for clarification), which FSD city streets beta is and the comments from those that do have it seem to cover those without vision and/or FSD city streets beta.

Phantom braking improvements is definitely vision only but not quite to clear is whether FSD city streets beta cars are using vision for highways too or just city streets. That would show in follow distance and max speed restrictions.

Auto park is definitely still between two cars but I did get offered it to back into a driveway with a car already there but space for mine too. Didn’t try it though!
one thing that seems broken in .36.5.5. is speed limit setting on AP/TACC. Mine is set to current speed. On TACC a second press and hold down will engage the actual speed limit. It used to be the same with AP but now it stays at current speed and I have to scroll up.
anyone noticed similar?

Awwwwwww yeahhhh

No doubt we won't get that in the UK/Europe either, like everything else. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Bit lame it's iPhone only too.

Also - this makes Premium Connectivity a lot more compelling, especially as its a live feed. Hopefully they'll expand it so you can watch previous captured videos.

Last edited:
Awwwwwww yeahhhh

No doubt we won't get that in the UK/Europe either, like everything else. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

I can't see why we won't get it. The things we don't get (Summon beyond a few feet, ext speakers making fart sounds, FSD beta etc) are due to regulatory issues. I can't think of a regulation that would block live camera access.

It will be interesting to see if it works over wi-fi if you don't have Premium Connectivity. The release notes would suggest not, so they are probably hoping this new feature will get more owners paying for Premium Connectivity, and they will want that from the fleet worldwide if possible. And as noted by TeslaScope (below), Tesla are setting a "daily data limit", so it shouldn't cost them any extra in data charges.