Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car seems a bit more 'bongy' with 2021.36.5.8 vs .36.5.5. Have they slipped the TACC disengage bong in somewhere? Not that I sussed what was causing the bongs, but maybe it was me just disengaging it during the drive. If so, I need to find the option to turn it off.

And on the subject of turning off features, didn't they introduce an option to turn off the auto dim door mirrors? Can't find that either, not that I have looked particularly hard, or even in the manual...

Car seems a bit more 'bongy' with 2021.36.5.8 vs .36.5.5. Have they slipped the TACC disengage bong in somewhere? Not that I sussed what was causing the bongs, but maybe it was me just disengaging it during the drive. If so, I need to find the option to turn it off.

And on the subject of turning off features, didn't they introduce an option to turn off the auto dim door mirrors? Can't find that either, not that I have looked particularly hard, or even in the manual...
Not wishing to brag but...

Lucky or just on the bleeding edge?
PXL_20211118_145307433.jpg

I received the 2021.36.5.8 early this morning & have since driven Cheshire-Suffolk (after the usual 45 sec button-brake reset).

Although TACC behaved perfectly, Autopilot was unavailable until I passed the Stafford Services & disappeared again after supercharging at Rugby, only reappearing near Kettering on the A14. On previous journeys the entire M6-A14 as well as many other carriageways en route have shown the Autosteer symbol. I'm sure this isn't intentional or programmed so if it persists I will try another reset although everything else seems fine.

As the M6 passes over the toll road where it rejoins to the east of Birmingam the car has previously attempted to briefly slow to 50 but this time it displayed 50-40-50 speed limits over the entire elevated section (but I disabled Autopilot the instant it started to slow). At all other times when Autosteer was enabled it worked well.

There were no issues passing lorries on AP (never have been with this car) even on one occasion as I moved to the middle lane passing a junction at 60 with a lorry merging right beside me. The screen displayed a steady grey image on the left without any warning or dramatics, as it should.

As others have noted, the car representation on screen and in the app is sharper and at slow speeds seems to sit above the trip card whereas previously I recall that part of the rear, including brake lights was obscured.

Finally, using auto high beam for 25 minutes on smaller roads & lanes was pretty good. Always dipped for headlights even if it felt fractionally delayed compared to other cars I've owned and dipped OK for rear lights too. Nobody flashed me. The only minor issue seems to be sensitivity to reflections on some signs etc which dips the lights but rather that than annoying other road users.

• Informative
Reactions: Puzuk and M3noob
And on the subject of turning off features, didn't they introduce an option to turn off the auto dim door mirrors?

Yes they did, I've got that option but i am holding onto a nice and stable version 36.5.5 at the moment - it makes me nervous when lots of different versions fly out at once.

For me it's Controls > Mirror > Mirror Auto Dim

Would be strange if they have removed it again, or supports my worries about multiple concurrent software branches at the moment.

• Helpful
Reactions: MrBadger

I have thé auto dim option I can happily toggle it on and off. But I don’t believe they were fitted to my model. They don’t appear to dim at all.

I have thé auto dim option I can happily toggle it on and off. But I don’t believe they were fitted to my model. They don’t appear to dim at all.

If you have them it's pretty obvious. When turned on you'll see a very obvious lighter area around the edge of the mirrors when driving at night, I've only noticed it on the door mirrors. It doesn't seem very auto to me, they seem to be always dimmed at night if the feature is turned on. They are slow reacting though, when turning it off takes quite a while for the mirrors to return to non-darkened so it may be that with the amount of traffic they never have time to undim. Perhaps more likely is that the deep neural net AI used to determine whether to dim or not is a close relation to the autowipers...