Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. Its quite, too quiet...
Although my last update was nearly two weeks ago, there were two back-to-back three week intervals at the start of the year, so it has been quieter...
ten-updates2.gif

Last edited:
Its not just the release rate - the rumor mill and so on have all be pretty quiet too. No tiny rollouts of updates, no sighting of a next version or anything. Very little noise coming from Fremont at all about anything. Normally if there is a pause in SW releases there is a battery day or a refresh, or a new steering wheel to take the attention. Its like a big held breath ATM.

So, out on a lengthy ‘local’ drive yesterday and Mrs D was looking for the on-screen microphone button.
It’s gone! I found a US thread bemoaning it’s demise but we’ve been very quiet.
so, no more easy passenger access to voice commands!

So, out on a lengthy ‘local’ drive yesterday and Mrs D was looking for the on-screen microphone button.

I find that the passenger voice commands have always been a feature of our car ... ;)

It went with the UI refresh, was replaced with an additional rear camera icon, so we now have two, which unti recently were using different icons!

Personally, I'm happy I'm the only one that can activate voice commands, my kids are a menace with Alexa in the house :)

• Funny
Reactions: Dilly
My M3 SR+ updated to 2021.4.12 last night, this morning I have lost driver profiles, all bluetooth connected devices , sat nav, ability to schedule a charge via the ev.energy app.

This evening I have had to download sat nav update, 50 minutes and still down loading, still can't connect from ev.energy to the car, and the car keeps losing its name!

Anyone else suffering?

My M3 SR+ updated to 2021.4.12 last night, this morning I have lost driver profiles, all bluetooth connected devices , sat nav, ability to schedule a charge via the ev.energy app.

This evening I have had to download sat nav update, 50 minutes and still down loading, still can't connect from ev.energy to the car, and the car keeps losing its name!

Anyone else suffering?
That sounds service request worthy tbh. If you afford to leave it over night do, then raise it in the morning. If you need the car now, call roadside assistance?

Sounds like it may be similar to what @Drew57 suffered not long after updating to 2020.48.12.1

A rough pointer to events.
Strange how random but not necessarily the same things happen to different vehicles - it's quite possible that Teslas' rolling hardware changes include less visible items like chips, memory, boards etc.

Almost everything about these vehicles seems to be in Beta mode but somehow the unexpectedness adds to their appeal (well, at least to earlier adopters). From a man who also founded the Boring Company, Tesla certainly isn't.