Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there is a currently a logic issue with sensor fusion and conflicts between sensors: radar vs. Cameras, ultrasonics vs. Camera etc. I think that there will always need to be vision-based path detection, supported by ultrasonics for distance measurement for adjacent objects, such as an HGV directly alongside the vehicle where a bounding box cant be established or distance/path calculations to be done - as an example, visual detection cant measure a change in separation distance quickly enough to ensure sufficient reaction time. I do believe the move to '4D' visual processing and integration / stitching of the camera views into a near 360 degree view will help enormously when its ready. Moving to a time-series based method of detecting object path and speed will help - as I understand it, the cameras currently analyse the contents of video frame by frame, but dont look at what has changed in an image between a series of frames to derive path information, other than in a very simple way. Looking at a single frame, you are relying on the AP to correctly label vehicles, road markings, stationary objects to map their behaviours and plan accordingly. It is a complex problem indeed.

Last edited:
I updated to .18 a few days ago midway through my road trip. Before I updated I only had one phantom braking event within 700 miles. After the update I had at least one in every drive within 300 miles. Not pleasant when the passengers are asleep.

Odd thing. First drive on 4.18.
on a trip to the pharmacy for the parents, which is a very regular trip. On half the journey, AP wasn’t available. It‘s always been available before, not that I used it more than a couple of times and TBH it’s not the kind of road where you should use it but it was safe enough at the time.
it disappeared and reappeared at the same place there and back.
I’ve not had the latest map update so not sure what’s occurring.

on a trip to the pharmacy for the parents, which is a very regular trip. On half the journey, AP wasn’t available. It‘s always been available before, not that I used it more than a couple of times and TBH it’s not the kind of road where you should use it but it was safe enough at the time.
I am having the same issue. Lane markings easily visible, good weather conditions and clean cameras. Only happened since I downloaded 4.18

I've seen the same, definitely a change in how it works, for the worse sadly.

I am having the same issue. Lane markings easily visible, good weather conditions and clean cameras. Only happened since I downloaded 4.18
Do you switch beams off by any chance? When I updated to .18 I had a similar problem. I found switching to auto beam (or not manually toggling the beam), fixed this.

I feel like I have slightly more range in my 2021 made in China M3 LR with this update.

Max range in the app now reads 339 miles was 332 miles before?

Is that a bigger jump in range overnight than you would expect?

The car has 1,500 miles on it. It’s not still calibrating it’s max range?

idunno…

I feel like I have slightly more range in my 2021 made in China M3 LR with this update.

Max range in the app now reads 339 miles was 332 miles before?

Is that a bigger jump in range overnight than you would expect?

The car has 1,500 miles on it. It’s not still calibrating it’s max range?

idunno…
Weather is a little warmer and if you’ve had a recent economic run, it’s not too surprising

Reactions: Llama.
I'm on 2021.4.18.. tried to use YouTube a couple of days ago whilst charging. The YouTube app took me straight to "YouTube NL", presumably because of the eSIM.

When I got there I tried to sign in, it knew my Google account from before but showed as "Signed out". When I clicked on it - it said that the browser was insecure, etc.

Figuring I needed to do the Plex/Runescape workaround, I opened the browser in the car and logged in to my Google account that way. This worked, however the YouTube app in the car was unchanged.

Any ideas how I can actually get logged in to YouTube in the car on 2021.4.18?

Thanks in advance.