Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s as though the programmers are all working from home independently on different parts of the software.
When I look back over the last 11 months, most updates have had one or two bug fixes and moved on.
The optimistic view is that they have a step change release pending, and we are just getting broken backports of some of the smaller fixes whilst the main development continues with more progress. Or maybe none of their developers talk to each other any more...

Reactions: Dilly
I have the same car as you. Also have an issue with the boot. Opens on the button, but doesn’t close under its own power (just a double-beep). I didn’t think it was a software issue, but this makes me wonder.

i might have fixed it have had no issues today..

so open the boot, wait until it has opened fully, then push it up manually gently till it goes no further, then pull it back down slightly.. now press and hold the close button on the boot until it does a double or long beep can't remember what it does.. anyway this will reset the boot height for when it opens. Since I did that I've not had an issue.

So is 2021.4.6.1 save to install then? Has the profile saving been fixed in that one?

I had a weird one yesterday. The car was parked and the display was showing the car as parked but the wheels were spinning. It was also not showing any other cars on the road while I was driving before that.

Nobody knows...
Yours is one of the first in the UK
Looks like the only one in the country so far!

upload_2021-2-23_18-44-29.png

i might have fixed it have had no issues today..

so open the boot, wait until it has opened fully, then push it up manually gently till it goes no further, then pull it back down slightly.. now press and hold the close button on the boot until it does a double or long beep can't remember what it does.. anyway this will reset the boot height for when it opens. Since I did that I've not had an issue.

Ooh, thanks. I’ll give this a go.

Neither 4.6.1 nor 4.10 seems to be going very far at the moment. One wonders why.
Did an essential 50 mile round trip on 4.6 and it seemed ok. An oncoming HGV came just over the white line when passing by me. Car gave no reaction other than to mildly steer left.

Neither 4.6.1 nor 4.10 seems to be going very far at the moment. One wonders why.
I must say that still being on 2020.48.35, it's been more stable & bug free than I can remember previous releases so perhaps that's a good thing.

It's driven fine & without any dramatic events, camera warnings have stopped, the screen is awake as soon as I enter the car & Netflix opens/closes promptly when I'm charging away from home. I even managed to log back into Google/YT after losing them back in December.