Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whilst using auto pilot yesterday we were on the inside lane of a motorway slowly catching up a typical middle lane hogger. In the past autopilot would not allow an undertake and just sit behind anyone it caught up with on the right but to my surprise this time it just sailed past without hesitation ! I’m wondering if this is also a bug or a permanent change ?

Could your speed have been slower? This feature is speed dependent and will allow car to undertake if travelling at less than iirc 50. Not sure if the 50 relates to you or the vehicle about to be undertaken, I suspect the former.

Could your speed have been slower? This feature is speed dependent and will allow car to undertake if travelling at less than iirc 50. Not sure if the 50 relates to you or the vehicle about to be undertaken, I suspect the former.

I was doing 70 on inside lane and middle lane guy was doing about 60. First time I’ve seen it undertake something like this. Checked the screen to see if the middle lane car was detected and it was.

Reactions: MrBadger
I was doing 70 on inside lane and middle lane guy was doing about 60. First time I’ve seen it undertake something like this. Checked the screen to see if the middle lane car was detected and it was.
Are you sure you didn't press the accelerator slightly? It will undertake if you override this way and continue the undertake even if you then stop pressing it. I will say though that I'm still on an old version so have no experience with your version.

Reactions: ben_c
Are you sure you didn't press the accelerator slightly? It will undertake if you override this way and continue the undertake even if you then stop pressing it. I will say though that I'm still on an old version so have no experience with your version.

100% sure. Didn’t press accelerator or brake, I wanted to see at what point it slowed before undertaking, knowing I’d just done a software update. The surprise was it just behaved like there wasn’t a car there in the middle lane when it could clearly see it on the screen. It also didn’t see the car as if it was in the outer lane either, it went by on the screen as close as it actually was, there was no other traffic nearby.
Perhaps it was a one off glitch, I’ll keep an eye on it.

Reactions: m3gt2
Are people holding off on this update still? Mines waiting but haven’t pulled the trigger yet

I'm still on 2020.48.12.1 :oops: tbh, our car is hardly getting used so I cannot really see the point of updating with next to no driving between. I'll probably pay a bit more attention after a few iterations of V11 showing itself. Similar happened around this time last year when a couple of annoying traits were introduced and took a while to sort themselves out.

I'm getting sick and tired of seeing wheelie bins on the visualisation. I regularly drive through a village where all the car sees is hordes of wheelie bins on both side of the road, often mistaking other objects for the damned things. It's got to the point where whenever I think about what the visualisation display looks like what I remember most are the serried ranks of wheelie bins. Given that there is absolutely no requirement here in the UK for the car to even know what a wheelie bin looks like, the whole thing seems really bizarre (I do understand this may be useful in the US).

Not that anyone needs it confirming but I sat in my car today (2021.4.6) and was able to confirm that seat moves don’t give the option to save. Haven’t reset the car or anything.

Surely there’s some unit tests being done with these releases?

I took the plunge and installed this update.... And it's fixed my charge port flap as well. I had the same error "charge port may not open when pressed" and I was also told it needed a new module. I was waiting for them to let me know when the part had arrived.

I updated and have now tried a dozen times, it opens every time and it's never done that ever.

well it didn’t last long, the charging flap error is back, and won’t open when pressed!