Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, the profile save bug was introduced about 6 weeks ago, and has only been fixed with the latest update, and some are still two or three updates behind the one with the fix. For example, I'm still on 2020.48.35.5, so around three, maybe four, updates bej=hind the latest one.

The latest software fix has apparently only been rolled out to a small number of owners yesterday. It will probably be another three or four weeks before my car catches up with this update, at a guess, as it rarely does more than one update a week, so that will be around 3 months or so with the profile save feature broken.

The rolling out of updates isn't an instant thing, or even one that's spread evenly across the fleet, it seems. Sometimes they arrive in a bit of a flurry, other times you can be waiting a week or two for one.

The latest software fix has apparently only been rolled out to a small number of owners yesterday. It will probably be another three or four weeks before my car catches up with this update, at a guess, as it rarely does more than one update a week, so that will be around 3 months or so with the profile save feature broken.
I don't think any owners will have to live with the driver profile saving bug for 3 months.

You don't have that issue on your current software version and patches aren't applied sequentially. When I get my next update I'm hoping to go to the latest stable version of 2021.4 therefore never experiencing that bug.

I hope that those that did experience the bug, mid way through the 2021.4 releases are being prioritised to receive the latest version.

Reactions: Obliter8
Just installed 2021.4.11. Got excited when I saw there was an update available but disappointed when I saw it's just this one.
It feels like they just have one or two developers just patching up the broken bits of this version to tide things along until the next significant release comes out and spending minimal time/effort on it, resulting in a "oops, broke that, fixed that, broke something else, fixed that" slurry of updates. I hope it's worth the wait!

I can confirm it is just more bug fixes:

2021-4-11.jpg

I’m on advanced updates but still on 2020.48.35.5. Got flashed numerous times during a recent night journey. Forgot to look into it and was then following a friend whilst driving in daytime with the headlights on. He stopped to complain my offside headlight was dazzling him in his mirror. Reset headlights through service menu - no manual adjustment done. When it got dark, I checked they were level against a wall and went for a drive. Didn’t get flashed and they seemed normal. Strange they had gone out of alignment but good that fixing it is an easy DIY job.

Praying that a near future update will restore an acceptable UI. Can’t stand having the massive, pointless visualisation with near continuous proximity warning lines in an assortment of random colours!

I’m on advanced updates but still on 2020.48.35.5. Got flashed numerous times during a recent night journey. Forgot to look into it and was then following a friend whilst driving in daytime with the headlights on. He stopped to complain my offside headlight was dazzling him in his mirror. Reset headlights through service menu - no manual adjustment done. When it got dark, I checked they were level against a wall and went for a drive. Didn’t get flashed and they seemed normal. Strange they had gone out of alignment but good that fixing it is an easy DIY job.

Praying that a near future update will restore an acceptable UI. Can’t stand having the massive, pointless visualisation with near continuous proximity warning lines in an assortment of random colours!

I don't know why they don't run a headlight level at the end of the update, or better yet, leave it alone!

I'm still on 2020.48.35.5, but if you look at TeslaFi, last time I checked so were 32% of their fleet. There's been so many releases since that it's slid off their graph, even though most of the recent updates are smaller numbers: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

It's like they keep firing out an update, then realise it's broken, so stop the rollout... try another version, find it's broken, stop the rollout... and repeat.

I picked up my new M3 LR AWD yesterday. It came with a 2020 software version, however updated to 2021.4.11 last night. I hadn’t had too much of a chance to get used to the old UI, so the change isn’t too much of a shock. The profile saving is working when moving the seat, so that’s something! Also, Netflix now seems to work better. On the original firmware the screen kept crashing when I tried to open Netflix/YouTube. However, YouTube is of limited use as I can’t log in. I get an error telling me the browser is too old!

I'm still on 2020.48.35.5, but if you look at TeslaFi, last time I checked so were 32% of their fleet. There's been so many releases since that it's slid off their graph, even though most of the recent updates are smaller numbers: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

It's like they keep firing out an update, then realise it's broken, so stop the rollout... try another version, find it's broken, stop the rollout... and repeat.
I was thinking exactly the same, don't think I've ever been so many versions behind. Saying that with some of the issues that may not be such a bad thing o_O

I picked up my new M3 LR AWD yesterday. It came with a 2020 software version, however updated to 2021.4.11 last night. I hadn’t had too much of a chance to get used to the old UI, so the change isn’t too much of a shock. The profile saving is working when moving the seat, so that’s something! Also, Netflix now seems to work better. On the original firmware the screen kept crashing when I tried to open Netflix/YouTube. However, YouTube is of limited use as I can’t log in. I get an error telling me the browser is too old!
Presumably your steering wheel heating is still working on the "mainline" firmware?

Also - to log in to YouTube in the car, go to www.runescape.com (yup, seriously) on the web browser and log in to Google on there. That will result in you being logged in to YouTube.

Presumably your steering wheel heating is still working on the "mainline" firmware?

Also - to log in to YouTube in the car, go to www.runescape.com (yup, seriously) on the web browser and log in to Google on there. That will result in you being logged in to YouTube.
I didn’t test the steering wheel heating this morning, though did notice the button for this is now in a more sensible place on the right hand side of the screen.

Thanks for the YouTube tip.