Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea if sharing a dropped pin still takes you to the nearest registered address? I've not noticed any issues sharing locations from phone to car however if you're trying to get to somewhere specific it'll often take you to a random location, often not particularly close to where the pin was set.
I haven’t tried that. I’ll give it a go

Any idea if sharing a dropped pin still takes you to the nearest registered address? I've not noticed any issues sharing locations from phone to car however if you're trying to get to somewhere specific it'll often take you to a random location, often not particularly close to where the pin was set.
Just tried it. It was close but no cigar. At a guess it’s about a quarter of mile short.

• Helpful
Reactions: Medved_77
Installed 4.11 this morning.
The good news: it now offers to save adjusted seat profiles.
The bad news: the car is throwing up Parking Assist errors and the front and rear sensors aren't working. It's been rebooted as well.

FFS Tesla, get a bloody grip!

Tesla giveth, and Tesla taketh away

Not exactly linked to the update but last week I had no cameras working including reversing, no visualisation (obviously), only speed with no limit icons and a warning that Ecall (emergency services connection) wasn't working. Back to just a car basically!
Re-boot didn't work.

Booked a Ranger visit on the App two weeks away.

The next day I used the car again but re-booted it first. It took a few seconds during driving but all came back as normal.

A day later got a text saying that the mothership will take a look online and that it may already be ok so I guess they could have already sorted it.

I have left the Ranger visit booked for now just in case it is a module failing but will cancel if it holds up.

All very odd but at least this time Tesla have giveth! :)

Reactions: AnthonyLR
Just finished update to 2021.4.11. This is the first one since 2020.48.35.5 on 22nd January. It seems that I skipped the troublesome versions. No idea how or why.
Exactly the same for me. All seems fine with this one and the hold park moved up. I'm still not entirely happy with the wider mimic area but at least I don't seem to have inherited the bugs of previous versions of this 2021.04.

I guess I should thank all those that went through the pain of them so I didn't have to. Thanks guys!

Ok this works.wow. Thank you.
How on earth does it work? And what is Runscape?
Ah, yes, this worked a treat. Used their google logon link to authenticate with google, however once I’d signed into google I then cancelled out of linking to Runescape. The Google logon remained and Youtube now works (despite being a little laggy!).

Runescape is a game. You don’t need to log all the way into it, just as far as authenticating with Google.

Reactions: Gatsojon
Installed 4.11 this morning.
The good news: it now offers to save adjusted seat profiles.
The bad news: the car is throwing up Parking Assist errors and the front and rear sensors aren't working. It's been rebooted as well.

FFS Tesla, get a bloody grip!

The SC pushed the full firmware at the car (as opposed to the incremental that the car supposedly downloads). This has solved the problem of the parking sensors not working. Yay!

I like to have the trip card on screen when driving. Last years UI change made it hard to swipe right without spinning the car visualisation around but I found that leaving the finger near the bottom LH corner for a second or so before drawing across did (mostly) work but only safe to do whilst stationary. This was a backward step.

Then, on 2020.48.35.5 I was pleased to see that the trip card remained on screen, often for days on end without needing to pull it across when setting out on another journey. As I had been stuck on 35.5 for weeks this seemed like real progress.

However I've done two brief drives today for the first time on 2021.4.11 and it's no longer there when I select Drive. Even more frustrating is a return to the spinning car image until the card eventually draw across. Really annoying.

I think this is more to do with the naff way that Tesla maps works rather than the sharing from phone itself.

For me, it works best to use a street address (whether directly on the screen or sharing from phone) vs. a postcode. When doing the latter it very often puts me in a random location, I think because it often ignores the second half of the postcode and entirely ignores the street address itself. And often the first half of a postcode is a very long street or wide area.

If you use street address (e.g. 64 Long Drive or whatever) it typically takes you to precise location.

So I've just got into the habit of making sure, when I'm sharing from phone, that the pin is picking up an actual street address - works pretty well overall.

(I'm wondering if root cause is that the car is expecting a zip code, which is usually 5 consecutive digits(?), and not a postcode with a mix of letters, numbers and a space. Feels like something very basic to fix if it is that...)

I like to have the trip card on screen when driving. Last years UI change made it hard to swipe right without spinning the car visualisation around but I found that leaving the finger near the bottom LH corner for a second or so before drawing across did (mostly) work but only safe to do whilst stationary. This was a backward step.

Then, on 2020.48.35.5 I was pleased to see that the trip card remained on screen, often for days on end without needing to pull it across when setting out on another journey. As I had been stuck on 35.5 for weeks this seemed like real progress.

However I've done two brief drives today for the first time on 2021.4.11 and it's no longer there when I select Drive. Even more frustrating is a return to the spinning car image until the card eventually draw across. Really annoying.

Maybe it worked like that for me on 35.5 between trips - not sure - but it definitely disappeared if washing the screen or issuing a voice command. Really annoying. Voice command “odometer window” seemed reasonably reliable to get it back with whatever trip screen I had before. Just ‘upgraded’ to 2021.4.11 so waiting to see what new delights await! Moving the brake hold indication back somewhere visible sounds like the sole improvement but hopefully means they have recognised the importance of making warning lights visible and the old UI or something like it will reappear soon.

First drive with 2021.4.11 today, didn't come across any new defects but did notice a big improvement in voice controls, particularly when finding music on spotify. Each press heard my request, parsed it correctly then found the correct artist/song. Was really quite enjoyable.

Reactions: Anfieldgaz
First drive with 2021.4.11 today, didn't come across any new defects but did notice a big improvement in voice controls, particularly when finding music on spotify. Each press heard my request, parsed it correctly then found the correct artist/song. Was really quite enjoyable.
I agree, though for the wrong reason. I was trying my best to persuade a search of my USB music. Every attempt failed but it did find every request on Spotify! I came to the conclusion that since most if not all my music is on Spotify, I’m not really bothered with having it on USB.
My music plays fine but I have to find it manually.

My car upgraded to 4.11 yesterday. Not sure if it is related, but I had very low regen on 4.6 and it is much stronger on 4.11.
Still 3 degrees outside, not much different from the last few days. The difference is noticeable, on 4.6 I needed to use the brakes for the first 10 minutes and this mornign the car only had 3 or 4 dots and strong regen was available straight away.

Has anyone else had this?