Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it worked like that for me on 35.5 between trips - not sure - but it definitely disappeared if washing the screen or issuing a voice command. Really annoying. Voice command “odometer window” seemed reasonably reliable to get it back with whatever trip screen I had before. Just ‘upgraded’ to 2021.4.11 so waiting to see what new delights await! Moving the brake hold indication back somewhere visible sounds like the sole improvement but hopefully means they have recognised the importance of making warning lights visible and the old UI or something like it will reappear soon.

I had the same problem with this, it’s frustrating and took me a while to learn how to stop doing it when I want to select trip info.
The answer is - when you first put your finger on the screen to swipe to bring up info page, place your finger where the box would have been not outside it. If you first place your finger outside the ‘trip info box area’ it thinks you want to spin the car scene. I now place my finger right in the middle of the box area and swipe much less and it works a treat.

Reactions: Neilio
My car upgraded to 4.11 yesterday. Not sure if it is related, but I had very low regen on 4.6 and it is much stronger on 4.11.
Still 3 degrees outside, not much different from the last few days. The difference is noticeable, on 4.6 I needed to use the brakes for the first 10 minutes and this mornign the car only had 3 or 4 dots and strong regen was available straight away.

Has anyone else had this?

I was about to post exactly the same behaviour and for me it is a significant difference, on the previous version I could drive 30 mins/20 miles and the regen would be limited for the whole journey whereas now the regen limit reduced to just a couple of dots within 5 mins (this was with comparable starting conditions not charging/same temperature inside and out/left parked overnight etc). It appears much better now than it has ever been since it was delivered in December 2020, maybe the heat pump was scavenging too much heat from the battery and they have tweaked this?

I was about to post exactly the same behaviour and for me it is a significant difference, on the previous version I could drive 30 mins/20 miles and the regen would be limited for the whole journey whereas now the regen limit reduced to just a couple of dots within 5 mins (this was with comparable starting conditions not charging/same temperature inside and out/left parked overnight etc). It appears much better now than it has ever been since it was delivered in December 2020, maybe the heat pump was scavenging too much heat from the battery and they have tweaked this?

I doubt it's heat pump related. I updated yesterday and the same happened to me but I don't have a heat pump.

I've noticed this since the latest update on a pre heat pump M3. Went out yesterday morning, 5 degrees and had the blue snow flake symbol displayed, but had almost full regen available.

I've noticed this since the latest update on a pre heat pump M3. Went out yesterday morning, 5 degrees and had the blue snow flake symbol displayed, but had almost full regen available.
Agree with all the increased Regen comments. I have a refresh 2021 LR and drove it this morning for the first time since latest update in temp of 5c. Noticed the increased regen right away.... nice :)

what were / are you using to send destinations to your car
Just to chip in, I’m sure many people already know this, but i find it simple to “share” directions from Google Maps on my phone.

In the Google Maps App you just hit the 3 buttons in the top right, select “Share” from the pop up menu then choose “Tesla”.

The directions then just forward to the car and it’s ready to go.

Only thing is, I can’t remember how I originally added the Tesla button to appear in the Share menu. Anyone know how?

I have noticed some tweaks to the regen too, updated last night and this morning popped out in the car to get some supplies and had full regen, no difference in temps (roughly 5c), previously on the last firmware i would have little or no regen for 30 mins, I don’t have the heat pump on my model 3.

Only thing is, I can’t remember how I originally added the Tesla button to appear in the Share menu. Anyone know how?

On iPhones that option appears whenever the Tesla app is running in the background. Confirmed this recently when my wife tried to send a destination to my car and the option wasn't there. She'd turned the Tesla app off, as it was setting the wrong profile when we both got in the car and I was driving. Just starting the Tesla app caused that share option to appear.

Just to chip in, I’m sure many people already know this, but i find it simple to “share” directions from Google Maps on my phone.

In the Google Maps App you just hit the 3 buttons in the top right, select “Share” from the pop up menu then choose “Tesla”.

On Android it shows up when the Tesla app is installed, I didn't have to do anything to enable the option to share to it. You might have to scroll to find it if you have many apps installed

I must be one of the last people to know about this......great works well on my Android phone. Just find the place and share with Tesla. Love it.

It could change colour too, red for naughty you've got too much throttle on and green for loads of regen. :) I'm sure some other EV's manage this.

Well, it does already change colour depending on whether you are using power or regenerating. It's just such a thin strip these days (I presume it's red and green but I'm colour blind too so not very helpful!)

The keyboard warriers in this forum know how easy it is to make lines thicker/change colour. I have worked on SCADA's for years and it is no sweat even to make things configurable or have alternative screen layouts (skins).
There is plenty of available memory considering most of it is utilised by unused and to me useless games.

Reactions: Mik3LR