Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The keyboard warriers in this forum know how easy it is to make lines thicker/change colour. I have worked on SCADA's for years and it is no sweat even to make things configurable or have alternative screen layouts (skins).
There is plenty of available memory considering most of it is utilised by unused and to me useless games.
We will just have to wait ‘till Elon’s eyes start losing near vision for that to be fixed. I expect those under 40 on here have no idea wtf we are winging about ...

Never mind ‘Joe Mode”, we need a ‘Great Uncle Joe Mode’ that sacrifices the trendy white space for some bigger fonts and thicker lines.

We will just have to wait ‘till Elon’s eyes start losing near vision for that to be fixed. I expect those under 40 on here have no idea wtf we are winging about ...

This is probably the point that REALLY needs to be emphasised to those who are designing and signing off on the UI. I'm becoming more and more convinced that there's no proper UI testing taking place actually in the car, or a simulation of it, especially for RHD drive cars.

There's a world of difference between sitting at a desk looking straight at a screen, and sitting in the car, perhaps at night, or in low light levels, and trying to quickly get the information that's needed from a screen way off to the left of your normal eyeline, especially if the driver has some age related loss of accommodation/hypermetropia, or wears glasses, even varifocals optimised for driving.

This is probably the point that REALLY needs to be emphasised to those who are designing and signing off on the UI. I'm becoming more and more convinced that there's no proper UI testing taking place actually in the car, or a simulation of it, especially for RHD drive cars.

There's a world of difference between sitting at a desk looking straight at a screen, and sitting in the car, perhaps at night, or in low light levels, and trying to quickly get the information that's needed from a screen way off to the left of your normal eyeline, especially if the driver has some age related loss of accommodation/hypermetropia, or wears glasses, even varifocals optimised for driving.
That’s right. The Model 3 screen is big but nothing like the 32” ones the kids are using to design the UI.

summed up beautifully. Screen info should be ‘at a glance’ obvious. Focussing solely on the screen is an entirely different perspective.
Hopefully, customisable screens will obviate ‘too much information’

Perhaps they need to get Sandy Munro to drive a RHD Model 3 and advise them on how well the UI works. IIRC, he wears reading glasses, so should be an ideal candidate as a tester, especially given his experience with car design and manufacture.

I forgot to add that briefly this morning, I used AP on a short stretch where the car usually runs closer to the kerb than I’d like even though earlier versions of 4.x had made it more central. This morning it drove where I would. So, chance of further improvement having taken place there.

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon
Mine installed 2021.4.11 today, went straight from 2020.48.35.5

Just got back and regen is back to the way I remember it from months ago. Very much better than it has been for the past few months. Battery was fairly cool, too, the car was at 6°C and hadn't been driven for about two days, so I'm sure that regen would have been pretty non-existent in those conditions from before the update.

Although the icons down the RH side have moved up, they are still mostly hidden behind my left hand when driving, as is the speed display. I had one "klaxons of doom" event, completely inexplicable this time. I was following a van, had been maintaining the same safe distance behind it for maybe a mile or two, when suddenly the van visualisation turned red and the brakes went hard on. As usual I wasn't using either AP or TACC, so this was most probably the collision avoidance system giving yet another false alarm. From that I'd guess that there haven't been any changes to that part of the software. The headlights don't seem to have gone out of adjustment again this time, either.

Reactions: akenham
I'll check, not driven it for so long now :mad:. It used to change colour, but since it became about 3 pixels high it's just grey. Or maybe I've gone colour blind ? :(
OK, had a chance to drive it today when I did some shopping for food. It does show green on regen, but not red on throttle (but I'm sure it used to quite few updates ago) The cold regen is a LOT stronger, back to how it used to be.

Updated to 2021.4.11 last night. On a short drive today, the heater seemed to be blowing cold air, despite being set to 20 degrees and it being 3 degrees outside.

We got your heat - ours was tropical on our drives today :eek: - interior >30C no matter what the heater/AC settings were set to. Done all the reboots etc... First proper drive since upgrading from 2020.48.12.1

Our HVAC panel had a very subtle error message - grey on grey on left hand side "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault"

I started to raise a SC request but thought I would wait to see if others had similar.

1615239545039.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and davidmc
I had this I just kept moving the usbs around and it finally worked. Not sure what or how it fixed it but it did.

This didn't fix, but it turned out that there was a reason for that.

I took the USB stick out of the car at the weekend and when I plugged it into my computer I found the music had been erased and replaced with Dashcam files - basically a copy of everything on the USB stick in the glovebox.

Once I put my music back it worked fine, but that was a bit odd.

We got your heat - ours was tropical on our drives today :eek: - interior >30C no matter what the heater/AC settings were set to. Done all the reboots etc...

Our HVAC panel had a very subtle error message - grey on grey on left hand side "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault"

I started to raise a SC request but thought I would wait to see if others had similar.

View attachment 642647

Had the same thing happen to me recently. Please see my service notes below. Now fixed.

Concern: ADD ON: CLIMATE KEEPER UNAVAILABLE DUE TO SYSTEM FAULT MESSAGE APPEARING
INTERMITANTLY 22/01/2021 04:18PM
Carried out investigation into customer concern. Found A/C sensors required replacement. Carried out replacement of A/C
sensors and tested. Vehicle now operating as designed.
Correction: Replaced all 3 PT sensors
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
PT SENSOR, LOW PRESSURE(1510048-00-B) 1.0
PT SENSOR, HIGH PRESSURE(1510047-00-B) 2.0

Reactions: MrBadger
4.11: I had another brief trip out. It was 7 degrees outside and I didn’t bother with any heating. Regen was much stronger that it’s been in ages.
I did a couple of miles on AP at 30mph and car is definitely more central on the road.
I lose about 1 mile range during a 24 hour period, which is about the same as it’s been for ages
no other changes that I can find

A brief drive to blow the cobwebs off after upgrading to 2021.4.11 from 2020.48.12.1 and tbh, my first drive since early November.

Initially I thought that TACC was responding very nicely with a close by mini roundabout that it would normally still be accelerating hard at. But on a slightly longer drive (college run) on some windy 50mph roads, had to hit the brakes as no sign of it slowing.

I also struggled to get TACC to engage at speed limit using the press and hold for one second trick. Has that changed? It didn't help that I realised that part of that road had been incorrectly identified as a 20mph rather than 30.

Still not seeing car change speed for changes in speed limits. What were the rules for that? When we can more freely move around I'll give it more of an outing when I can be on my own.