Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We seem to have had a very long gap since 2021.4.11 came out, I wonder what's going on?

After point releases happening about every 20 minutes this year it feels odd that this version has remained as the latest since it first appeared a couple of weeks ago.

I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms :)
I've been reading up on what's expected in the next big update (V11) which had been suggested was what we were meant to get around Christmas time when in fact the most significant thing people received was the ability (in some areas) to play sounds through the PWS.

We had a flurry of updates with fairly spaced out version numbers (2021.4.3, 2021.4.6, 2021.4.10) followed by 2021.4.11 which appears to be the one going through a major roll-out.

It's probably nothing significant, but I'm slightly suspicious of the ".11" part of the current version, along with the fact that a majority of these updates have been "bug fixes". Also things like profile saving being broken during one of these updates, when there's talk of moving profiles to the cloud.

What if there's a load of functionality in this version that'll be switched on remotely for everyone at the same time? Maybe the new AI stuff is running in the background and they're just making sure that it is behaving correctly. Unlikely though as that would be really risky to do (enable feature for everyone across the board in one hit.) Just wishful thinking on my part as I'm getting impatient for V11 :D

What about the 2021 refresh models?
People who have had cars delivered here and in the States with heated steering wheels have had them activated and available when they collected their cars.

I don’t think there have been any reports of people suddenly receiving them, and on the basis that MIC owners are upgrading to 2021.4.11 too, it is logical that it would’ve been there on delivery if you had it. :(

Did this update fix the auto wipers?

My usual commute this morning, the usual sloppy drizzle, the usual occasional drenching by driving through huge pothole puddles and..... the wipers were perfect!!!! I didn't need to override them once.

Confirmation bias? Did Glan's defection force the issue?

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel and rotor2k
Did this update fix the auto wipers?

My usual commute this morning, the usual sloppy drizzle, the usual occasional drenching by driving through huge pothole puddles and..... the wipers were perfect!!!! I didn't need to override them once.

Confirmation bias? Did Glan's defection force the issue?
Was the commute in the dark? For me this is when the auto-wipers are shockingly bad.

Same here, they were usually pretty much OK in daylight, or on well-lit roads, it was in the pitch dark that they were pretty much useless. Probably related to the variable ability of the cameras to get good enough close up fine detail in low light, I suspect.

in one of my earlier posts, I mentioned that I thought that scrolling the speed up, now went way beyond the speed limit In 4.11.
watching a couple of videos on FSD beta 4.11.1, the testers are saying the same thing.
watch out when scrolling!
UPDATE
its intentional to overcome incorrectly recognised speed limits such as 30mph in a 50mph zone

Last edited:
Same here, they were usually pretty much OK in daylight, or on well-lit roads, it was in the pitch dark that they were pretty much useless. Probably related to the variable ability of the cameras to get good enough close up fine detail in low light, I suspect.
I found them pretty hopeless day or night unless it was pouring down. Drizzle, in any lighting conditions, had them over the most.

Has anyone else noticed the post-charging behaviour of the car to have changed since 4.11? I'm currently limited to 3pin charging overnight, and after hitting the 80% limit, previously the car would stay awake the rest of the night, while the cable was plugged in.

However as of last night it's clear that once charging is completed the car goes to sleep (App takes time to load, etc).

When before, having the cable connected would keep the car awake and eat away at several % overnight.

Has anyone else noticed the post-charging behaviour of the car to have changed since 4.11? I'm currently limited to 3pin charging overnight, and after hitting the 80% limit, previously the car would stay awake the rest of the night, while the cable was plugged in.

However as of last night it's clear that once charging is completed the car goes to sleep (App takes time to load, etc).

When before, having the cable connected would keep the car awake and eat away at several % overnight.
I just looked at my Teslamate and you are correct, previously the car stayed connected and I had a tiny burst just at the scheduled finish time. Now it disconnects at completion of the charge.

Reactions: Arran
Since I have been on 4.11 my car is doing the opposite. While before it would go to sleep now after it finishes charging it stays awake for 4 hours...
To make it even more bizarre there is no drop on charge during these 4 hours. According to both car and teslafi.

Ours always behaved like that even prior to 2021.4.11. It would normally return to sleeping 10-15 minutes after charge completed.

When looking at our heater issue, I noticed that you could have screen, face and feet all active at the same time. I couldn't remember being able to select feet if screen and face were selected. Has this changed or am I needing to find my coat?
TBH I’m not sure. I think I’ve used all 3 several times this winter but I couldn’t swear it was always available
one year in and I haven’t entirely got to grips with the heating system. I did find that I need 25 degrees to be warm in the car which is higher than my normal 21.5 From other cars. I’m not convinced that it really is 25 degrees

Reactions: Empato
The internal theromstat is rubbish.. certain times of the year you can get wild temperature swings because the sunlight heats the cabin but the AC doesn't switch on because it doesn't detect the temperature change. I've had it try to heat the cabin in the morning when it's been subtropical inside.

I find the temperature you need to be comfortable to be out by about 3-4 degrees compared to the house.. but a constant difference is much less of an issue.

TBH I’m not sure. I think I’ve used all 3 several times this winter but I couldn’t swear it was always available
one year in and I haven’t entirely got to grips with the heating system. I did find that I need 25 degrees to be warm in the car which is higher than my normal 21.5 From other cars. I’m not convinced that it really is 25 degrees
I have mine set for 20 degrees which is just right. Some variation it seems.