Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.12 downloaded a couple of days ago, now every time I go to car I have to turn on airplane mode on phone and off again to unlock car and repeat once in the car to start or faced with present card on centre console symbol on screen. :mad:

I think the cold braking regen is working better now. Also, weirdly, my autowipers decided last night it was raining when it clearly was not so I had to switch them off. I do wonder with the amount of issues Tesla appears to be having with the autowipers if they should just adopt the hardware solution they have in Mercedes and BMW which seems to work very well.

Preconditioning limit seems lowered again
CC21F985-2E01-48E1-B48D-1B180FC047D3.jpeg

Got 2021.4.12 yesterday and now have Summon as an option, enabled and tried it and it does work albeit in a limited way. Is this just a time limited pilot or semi permanent ?

Since I got 2021.4.12 I have had nothing but problems, has others had problems with this software update?

Radio not working.
Cannot unlock car, though this has been ongoing for a while now, have to turn off blue tooth and back on and works instantly, but need to do it nearly once every day.
Computer crashed while driving.
I have had to reset computer a couple of times.
Today:-
Sat nav not lock on, it looked like no internet connection, no radio, no phone connection, so another computer reset and it wiped everything all my data, saved favs, everything, so had to set it all up again everything,,,,,,,,, even the car name, so I would say it was like the car was when new.

WARNING:- it also turned off car auto lock when walking away even after I re connected everything, which I would out after I had left the car for a few hours.

I think the cold braking regen is working better now. Also, weirdly, my autowipers decided last night it was raining when it clearly was not so I had to switch them off. I do wonder with the amount of issues Tesla appears to be having with the autowipers if they should just adopt the hardware solution they have in Mercedes and BMW which seems to work very well.
^^^^^^^^^^ Yes, Yes, Yes. Mine decided to wipe on a dry scren last night, or wipe too fast in a drizzle. Please Tesla, give it up and do the right thing.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
My regen from a cold battery is now excellent. Had a broken up trip running errands yesterday and there was no excess range miles lost over actual miles where as previously the variance would be maybe 50% more range miles lost on short non preheated trips.

Reactions: Neilio
I had been dodging the new UI, and decided to take the jump to *.12 yesterday: the new UI isn’t an improvement - but not as bad as I feared it would be. A little adaptation (and remembering the hints of others from the last couple of months - ref getting tyre/trip cards up - i.e wiper icon then swipe) and I’m happy enough.

No noticeable driving behaviour changes on local roads/dry/10 degs for me today/yesterday. No AP use.

Noticed the backlight bleeding around the LHS of the LCD a bit more and started thinking rubbish about HW drivers - but more likely increased use of white in that bottom bar makes a prior screen imperfection noticeable.

I wonder if the next significant update will coincide with the release of the refresh Model S and X in the USA? I guess the Tesla software team are busy preparing for the new cars.

We’ve been on 2021.4.x for a while and the “holiday update” was nothing special either.
I think you are bang on with this hypothesis. It looked like there were a lot of changes from the limited screenshots shown and I can’t imagine them having two major streams going.

2021.4.12 seems to put my car into a much deeper sleep overnight than any previous updates because it no longer instantly unlocks when I touch the handle. I now use the Tesla ring first time each day which is no hassle unless trying to open a passenger side door. The car locks on walk-away as normal.

Any other time after the initial unlock, the phone unlocks the car just as it had always done, even if several hours later.