Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange. Had my 3 for 18 months. Never carried the card once. No problems with the car.

In fact, in the same period never carried a wallet, cash or payment cards and had zero issues spending money.
I felt the same but a couple of months back which was pre-Tesla I was shopping at Sainsburys scanned most of the food but I had some sort of phantom drain as it went from 30% to power off in 15 mins while I was there, so had to go to a till to have the food rescanned. Luckily I had a credit card with me to pay so if the phone is less than 50% I now make sure I take a battery with me. Given the phone usually last nearly 2 days the quick 30% drain caught me out completely, It hasn't happened since but I'm more cautious now and make sure I have backup payment methods with me and also the Tesla keycard.

I felt the same but a couple of months back which was pre-Tesla I was shopping at Sainsburys scanned most of the food but I had some sort of phantom drain as it went from 30% to power off in 15 mins while I was there, so had to go to a till to have the food rescanned. Luckily I had a credit card with me to pay so if the phone is less than 50% I now make sure I take a battery with me. Given the phone usually last nearly 2 days the quick 30% drain caught me out completely, It hasn't happened since but I'm more cautious now and make sure I have backup payment methods with me and also the Tesla keycard.
Just as an aside to this, I have noticed that in the last few weeks by far the biggest drain of my phone's battery has been the NHS Covid-19 app.

Odd thing With 4.12. When it was cold, regen was quite sharp from the off.
now it’s a bit warmer, it seems a bit lacking.
anyone noticed similar?
Ah, not just me, then! I was surprised I had to keep using the brake when approaching roundabouts when it was sunny, a couple of days ago.

Does Tesla aggressively warm up the batteries when it’s cold, enabling regen more quickly, whilst not bothering when it’s slightly balmier? I had noticed a big initial drop in SoC when doing trips in the cold.

Can always use remote start via the app
I need it for the pass code so not sure app will work will try next time.

One thing that did Annoy me after last crash, I lost all my settings and had to set everything up, did not realise it wiped scheduler settings for recharging, :( got in car at 4-15 am to see it had not charged up over night, for a long journey :(,,,,,,,,,,,, but took a gamble to drive and hope to get back, since last update or updates, the range to mile ratio is much more accurate, so had 200 mile range, drove 130 mile round trip after leaving car for like 6 hours, (turned sentry off) got home with like 80 miles still on range, although I took it a little easier than normal, still pretty impressive though on the way up in to London, on motorway etc, driving still at least the speed limit and got around 250w/mile, I will add though temp a bit warmer like 14ºc

Oh ;(

CFB19BAD-D909-4AE7-B9BF-5D00C11BCD8A.jpeg

We delayed moving to the new UI but when 2021.4.11 came along, it seemed pretty stable so installed that. Reluctantly took .12 a week or so later due to the nags.

Yea, I think the speedo should be a bit bigger, and swiping for the tyre pressure/energy tiles needs a bit of care, but tbh, we don't find the 'new'/interim UI a big deal.

Both .11 and .12 seemed to have got over most of the 2020.48.x and 2021.4.x growing pains too so neither seemed to be a retrograde step over 2020.48.12.1 that we had since December.

I was holding off from upgrading, sticking with the last version of the old/readable UI while we wait for v11
I had been holding off too as the new UI was uuugly. However, having taken .11 (thanks service center admin. Techs knew not to touch it, but the admin person handing the car back to me tapped to schedule. Git), the UI is actually very usable, possibly even more so. I like the speedo placement, and nothing else is particularly annoying. The rest of the update seems pretty solid.

Only thing on the UI I would change would probably be to move the battery indicator to the very top right with all the other icons and DPRN etc. It looks lonely where it is.

Perhaps I’m just optimistic but something is brewing.
the vast majority of cars on Teslafi are herded onto 2021.4.12 with a fairly static number of older and some newer S X models on 2020.37.1

in the past, cars have been scattered all over the updates.
I don’t see this as V11 coming next but it does look like a precursor to something.