Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm also on 12.2 and have FSD.

I get the impression that cars with FSD get the software updates earlier. Before I bought FSD I was typically in the last third to get an update, but then I became one of the first after I got FSD. So it might not be FSD per se, just that the FSD cars got 12.2 sooner and, for some reason, 12.2 isn't being updated to 15.

Anyone else having issues with car not sleeping since 4.15 update ?
Nope, updated to .4.15 yesterday afternoon, car was at 90% having just finished charging. Unplugged all night & just looked via the app - 89% ie 1% loss same as it does almost every night.

I have no way of monitoring whether my car is asleep or not so are you using third party software? I see a lot of people commenting on their car staying awake but mostly because they are using Teslafi, Teslamate or something similar. I've never added any monitoring apps so that makes me suspicious that it's the additional software somehow causing this.

Nope, updated to .4.15 yesterday afternoon, car was at 90% having just finished charging. Unplugged all night & just looked via the app - 89% ie 1% loss same as it does almost every night.

I have no way of monitoring whether my car is asleep or not so are you using third party software? I see a lot of people commenting on their car staying awake but mostly because they are using Teslafi, Teslamate or something similar. I've never added any monitoring apps so that makes me suspicious that it's the additional software somehow causing this.
Sounds like yours is not sleeping if you loose 1% a night. Mine only looses any charge when awake. However, recent updates have disturbed the sleeping pattern, teslafi reports many attempts before she sleeps.
Prior to last chistmas she was like a baby & would sleep at the drop of a hat.

Teslamate or something similar.
IMG_20210416_074433.jpg

I use Teslamate on pi and never had a problem with it changing the car's behaviour. I did have one Tesla update a while back which didn't work correctly and left the car not sleeping until I rebooted the car.

The only other thing causing my car to not sleep has been leaving it plugged in to a dead charge cable.

Sounds like yours is not sleeping if you loose 1% a night
No idea but Tesla themselves suggest 1% overnight is normal....from the Tesla Model 3 manual:
"The Battery can discharge at a rate of approximately 1% per day, though the discharge rate may vary depending on environmental factors (such as cold weather), vehicle configuration, and your selected settings on the touchscreen."

Last night also had a frost & after very cold nights I have occasionally seen 2%

(Minimising Tesla Vampire battery drain)

Reactions: bitmanEV