Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4.15.6 comes with autowiper V3. Apparently it uses all the cameras now.
I’m on 21.4.15 and drove today through the full range of different strengths of rain and sleet. The wipers were perfect. Appropriate speeds and went off when it stopped. I didn’t need to intervene at any point. They’ve been good for a while but I would normally expect an intervention or two in that range of conditions in a journey of 70 miles.

2021.4.15.6 now installing (was on 12.2). I have FSD.

Update: 15.6 now installed ..... still says 'minor cold weather improvements and bug fixes'. Sigh.

Couple of initial thoughts after moving to 15.6:
  • Regen for me has regressed :confused:. Seems to have gone back to how it felt before 12.2; noticeably weaker and seeing more reduction from the dotted line. Weather isn't particularly colder here; in fact it's generally milder than a month or two ago, as you'd expect.
  • UI seems to be rendering more traffic travelling in the opposite lane. Can't be 100% certain but do feel I'm seeing more than I used to.
Also, more of a general observation from 12.2 & 15.6 .... I've not see any warnings from the cameras about being blinded (due to the sun). This used to happen often this time of year, on sunny days early morning/late afternoon when the sun is low - however, nothing since 12.2 and zero AP disengagements due to camera issues.

BTW, still waiting for the 2021 Map update.

Couple of initial thoughts after moving to 15.6:
  • Regen for me has regressed :confused:. Seems to have gone back to how it felt before 12.2; noticeably weaker and seeing more reduction from the dotted line. Weather isn't particularly colder here; in fact it's generally milder than a month or two ago, as you'd expect.
  • UI seems to be rendering more traffic travelling in the opposite lane. Can't be 100% certain but do feel I'm seeing more than I used to.
Also, more of a general observation from 12.2 & 15.6 .... I've not see any warnings from the cameras about being blinded (due to the sun). This used to happen often this time of year, on sunny days early morning/late afternoon when the sun is low - however, nothing since 12.2 and zero AP disengagements due to camera issues.

BTW, still waiting for the 2021 Map update.
Tried 15.6 this morning on my paper round, so just a couple of miles stop/start. regen message disappears when driven comes back on when stopped.
regen braking was fair. You’re right, no camera blinded issues and there was low sun when I went out.