Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first drive since updating to 2021.4.15.6 from 2021.4.12.2 - I've noted my comment about Park Assist retrograde step in behaviour in Parking Assist Not Working

Todays drive was a mix of overcast and sun, open roads and tree canopy, no rain, light rain, brief heavy rain. So a good test of the apparent new wipers, apart from heavy tree canopy and/or darkness (the autowipers nemesis), tunnels and fast motorway sustained downpour.

As wipers, they performed their task well - kept visibility good and didn't cause wipers to screech on a dry windscreen. I think the old wipers would have probably behaved similarly. A brief bit coming out from under a tree canopy that was dripping wet direct into full sun and dry where it continued to wipe a bit longer than necessary and another, again dripping from a tree lined road where they were a bit over enthusiastic, but as no screeching from windscreen, so fine by me.

The big test is motorways, twilight, darkness, tunnels and denser tree canopies - the latter 2 the car use to think the windscreen needed a wipe even though it was thoroughly dry. BMW and VW auto wipers use to occasionally get caught out by tunnels in a similar way.

Last edited:
Its a complete lottery. It could be pretty much straight away, but I wouldn't get concerned until 2-3 weeks has elapsed. Also don't assume that just because someone in similar circumstances has it that you should have it too - Tesla updates do not work like that.

Thankfully you will get the notification of an available download even if the car does not connect to wifi - one less thing to confuse matters.

Reactions: OddJob83