Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderation comment - 2 posts moved from 2021.36.x thread

A short run today with 2021.40.SFA reveals all good. It minded it's manners in lanes, B roads, A roads and M1. TACC and Nav on AP all worked correctly. No braking issues. Qualified tidings of joy 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Avendit
Odd. It seems the update is stuck with both App and car saying ‘Downloading: 100%’

I’ve tried scroll wheel soft reboot, power off cycle. Still stuck downloading 100%.

Very odd, Hope that resolves itself

Last edited:
I got prompted to update to 2021.40.6 on early 2021LR last night. Excited to install as I always seem slow to get updates. Mine has also stuck downloading 100%. Tried scroll wheel reboot but still stuck. I’ll leave a couple of days and see what happens.

Been through that on 40.5. Seems that the only way to fix it is to give Tesla a call. They will do it while you are on the phone in the car.
Thanks Bernard

I did just that today. Tesla ‘reset the download progress indicator’ remotely so it accurately shows as complete in the car and app.

Now I have waypoints and British English!
#Hellobonnet!

Not for me.

Also, phantom braking passing HGVs when on TACC is pretty much intolerable at this point. Probably half the time you'll get a brake event (not full on emergency braking, but enough to surprise a car close behind).

Any vehicle in lane 1 will result in a failed lane change from 3 to 2 when on EAP.

Might try recalibrating the cameras but not optimistic. Doesn't help that the door pillar cameras are invariably full of condensation now.

Not for me.

Also, phantom braking passing HGVs when on TACC is pretty much intolerable at this point. Probably half the time you'll get a brake event (not full on emergency braking, but enough to surprise a car close behind).

Any vehicle in lane 1 will result in a failed lane change from 3 to 2 when on EAP.

Might try recalibrating the cameras but not optimistic. Doesn't help that the door pillar cameras are invariably full of condensation now.
2021.40 was reported to be a bit jittery when first released. Disappointing that 40.6 still has “issues”
you’re right about pillar cameras. Even air con doesn’t shift it on short journeys.

2021.40.6 had three phantom braking events for me on a stretch of the M1 today, before I disengaged it. It’s a stretch of motorway I use fairly frequently.

I think it freaked out with an overhead bridge on occasion. Feels like a regression. I haven’t seen it this bad for a long time now. :confused:

(I have long since given up initiating a lane change anyway near a truck)