Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since upgrading to 40.6 Spotify is not updating the song playing after the first one. Today Tidal also stopped working (loading error). The duration of phone calls is also not shown.
Is anyone else having the same issues?

Yes, but it is not always happening for me. The playing track is a subsequent one but the song name and album art is stuck on an earlier track. It might be related to when I'm using the car LTE rather than WiFi, I use WiFi for Tidal to force better quality. Not sure if you do the same?

I also have Tidal lock up sometimes with a loading error, even with good signal. Again might be related to swapping between LTE and WiFi. The car now keeps WiFi on when the car is put into drive, so I find it easy to ask the phone via voice to turn on hotspot.

Sometimes it's fine throughout a drive, so I'm simply guessing what I may have done to trigger the issue.

Since upgrading to 40.6 Spotify is not updating the song playing after the first one. Today Tidal also stopped working (loading error). The duration of phone calls is also not shown.
Is anyone else having the same issues?
Yes, I noticed the Spotify bug you mentioned but I don't use Tidal. Also saw the Nav screen freeze when not actively navigating. Odd one, that.

Reactions: Cloggie
Moderation comment - post moved from "2021.40.6 eed31525bfea"

Morning all, has any noticed a software change to this?

I noticed this morning that my M3 is now picking up traffic lights and arrows on the road etc.

Not sure if seen this before so checked my software and it appears to have changed. Is this some sort of beta?

Anyone noticed anything else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but it is not always happening for me. The playing track is a subsequent one but the song name and album art is stuck on an earlier track. It might be related to when I'm using the car LTE rather than WiFi, I use WiFi for Tidal to force better quality. Not sure if you do the same?

I also have Tidal lock up sometimes with a loading error, even with good signal. Again might be related to swapping between LTE and WiFi. The car now keeps WiFi on when the car is put into drive, so I find it easy to ask the phone via voice to turn on hotspot.

Sometimes it's fine throughout a drive, so I'm simply guessing what I may have done to trigger the issue.
I have tried both on WiFi from my phone, home and on LTE. All the same issue. Full power down of the car also hasn't helped. Time for a service ticket, might be a software issue with the upgrade

Tried that as well, didn't fix it. Have opened a service call to see if they can check it remotely
@Nick77

I had an unrelated problem (my lumbar support stop working on my drivers seat). But I also was having the same Spotify issue you both speak of.

I did a power down in the service menu (as the 2 button reset did nothing), and not only did it "fix" the lumbar support, it seems to have solved the Spotify problem as well. Maybe coincidence and it's just intermittent, but might be worth trying that as well, if you haven't already.

@Nick77

I had an unrelated problem (my lumbar support stop working on my drivers seat). But I also was having the same Spotify issue you both speak of.

I did a power down in the service menu (as the 2 button reset did nothing), and not only did it "fix" the lumbar support, it seems to have solved the Spotify problem as well. Maybe coincidence and it's just intermittent, but might be worth trying that as well, if you haven't already.
I did a full power off yesterday and it didn't solve the issue. I just spoke to Tesla and the Spotify issue is a known bug. They expect it to be addressed in 2021.44 (expected soonish). Reboots might fix is temporarily. Apparently Spotify changed something (a 'handle request') on their end and Tesla was unaware, the fix will be in the 2021.44

The Tidal and phone call duration gremlins need a bit more investigating.

Has anyone noticed that the battery doesn't pre-heat any more? I used to get the 3 red lines next to the battery when turning climate on in cold temperatures but not since this update and the 'cold weather improvements'. I've "pre-heated" by turning climate on for about 1 hour and re-gen is still limited to about 75/80%.

Anyone else noticed this?

The temperature to trigger the "preheat" (a.k.a. "the three red lines" on the Tesla App) visually seems much lower now (I am on 2021.40.6). I haven't seen it in the last 2 weeks even when outsider temperature (as per Tesla App) dropped as low as 2C. But today I saw "the three red lines" again when temp showed 1C. It lasted about 1 minute before disappearing again. I guess we will have to keep monitoring and see if this is a new "feature"? The really annoying side for me is that I can still see the snowflake even after "preconditioning" for 1 hour... Did anyone report to Tesla on this? If so, what did they say?

I did a full power off yesterday and it didn't solve the issue. I just spoke to Tesla and the Spotify issue is a known bug. They expect it to be addressed in 2021.44 (expected soonish). Reboots might fix is temporarily. Apparently Spotify changed something (a 'handle request') on their end and Tesla was unaware, the fix will be in the 2021.44

The Tidal and phone call duration gremlins need a bit more investigating.
Tidal working again after sign out, authorise and reboot, in that sequence.

The temperature to trigger the "preheat" (a.k.a. "the three red lines" on the Tesla App) visually seems much lower now (I am on 2021.40.6). I haven't seen it in the last 2 weeks even when outsider temperature (as per Tesla App) dropped as low as 2C. But today I saw "the three red lines" again when temp showed 1C. It lasted about 1 minute before disappearing again. I guess we will have to keep monitoring and see if this is a new "feature"? The really annoying side for me is that I can still see the snowflake even after "preconditioning" for 1 hour... Did anyone report to Tesla on this? If so, what did they say?
My car has been “cold soaked” for more than 24hrs and with temperature inside and outside at -3C and blue snowflake showing …. I still never had any UI indication of battery warming taking place.