Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.44.30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This update seems to have caused my right side camera to stop working, it was fine before. Steering wheel reboot and power down haven't fixed it. Just a spinning wheel in the camera view.

Anyone else with the same issue?
I had the what looks like he same issue before Christmas. I booked a mobile service appointment. He first tried a full reboot by disconnecting the battery.

He then tried to check the connection, but as he was taking it off, he broke it. He did have a spare ready, but it had a black trim but mine was one of the last with a chrome trim so he came back the following day and finished it.

When I booked mine, there was an error in the system about it so I could reference the service appointment against the error.

Anyone had anaemic windscreen de-mister performance with this update?

Previous times I've got in the car and the windscreens fogged you press the de-mist button and all hell breaks lose as the heat-pump and fans go full blast. This evening the fans weren't really doing much at all until I pulled up the controls and whacked the speed to max, windscreen then cleared in a couple of minutes.

Gotta say, I'm finding the new buttons much easier to press compared to the v10 ones, not sure if the buttons are bigger or just the removal of a bit of the rounded corners means they feel bigger.

Has anyone tried if games still worked whilst driving? I’m not bothered myself just wondered if that was the reason for the swift minor update.
No - games no longer works when driving. That option to say "I'm a passenger"is not there anymore. I'm super fine with that as I find it a bit crazy to be able to do that and makes you dizzy for the player who does that during driving.

Previous times I've got in the car and the windscreens fogged you press the de-mist button and all hell breaks lose as the heat-pump and fans go full blast. This evening the fans weren't really doing much at all until I pulled up the controls and whacked the speed to max, windscreen then cleared in a couple of minutes.
Don’t you need to press twice for the full monty? First press directs airflow, the second puts everything on full power - that’s how it worked before V11, I’ve not needed it since to see if it has changed.

Don’t you need to press twice for the full monty? First press directs airflow, the second puts everything on full power - that’s how it worked before V11, I’ve not needed it since to see if it has changed.
No, we talk about the defogg option which was on the main control bar before. One simple touch to set them ON/OFF.
1641334313374.png

No, we talk about the defogg option which was on the main control bar before. One simple touch to set them ON/OFF.
View attachment 751987

He's correct according to the owners manual. One press of the windshield icon is defog, two clicks is the full monty defrost.

"The windshield defroster distributes air flow to the windshield. Touch once to defog the windshield (the icon turns blue) (the icon turns yellow). Touch a second time to defrost the windshield (the icon turns red and the heating and fan operate at maximum levels)."

• Informative
Reactions: PR-UK
No - games no longer works when driving. That option to say "I'm a passenger"is not there anymore. I'm super fine with that as I find it a bit crazy to be able to do that and makes you dizzy for the player who does that during driving.
Quite pleased as now I don’t have to be the mean parent and tell my son he can’t play games while I’m driving.

He's correct according to the owners manual. One press of the windshield icon is defog, two clicks is the full monty defrost.

"The windshield defroster distributes air flow to the windshield. Touch once to defog the windshield (the icon turns blue) (the icon turns yellow). Touch a second time to defrost the windshield (the icon turns red and the heating and fan operate at maximum levels)."
Worth noting in the UK the icon always stayed orange on Model 3 (no blue or red as noted in manual) however the icon would “fill” orange to denote defrost.

Wow, read the F... manual. I do not recall seeing BLUE but only YELLOW level and I believe when I press it again was deactivated - not turning RED. Well, YELLOW level was good enough for me. I will devinitelly try to figure out if is more to it now in V11.

So having been out to my car, the UK version is slightly different to the European owners manual, at least in V11. We now get orange for one press and Orange with the word MAX underneath with a second which is when you get the full monty noisy fans.

So having been out to my car, the UK version is slightly different to the European owners manual, at least in V11. We now get orange for one press and Orange with the word MAX underneath with a second which is when you get the full monty noisy fans.

I'm always glad when someone mentions what the colour is ... at least I know what it's called!

I'm not being cheeky, I'm colour blind or whatever the modern PC term is. Interestingly it is reckoned about 8% of males (much smaller percentage females) are colour blind to a greater or lesser degree ... there are therefore thousands of drivers who would prefer not having colour dependant indicators in a user interface. Thankfully in most cases it doesn't matter to me what the colour is called, so long as I can see a good contrast between the colour used for "A" as against the alternative colour for "B". To divert the inevitable question: yes, there's a good distinction between the stop and go colours on traffic lights even though usually green and red are generally a no no choice for me.

Reactions: Tenatious
Wow, read the F... manual. I do not recall seeing BLUE but only YELLOW level and I believe when I press it again was deactivated - not turning RED. Well, YELLOW level was good enough for me. I will devinitelly try to figure out if is more to it now in V11.
I don't remember if there were two colours (orange and red or just orange and moar orange), but there were always two levels (before v11).

I'm always glad when someone mentions what the colour is ... at least I know what it's called!

I'm not being cheeky, I'm colour blind or whatever the modern PC term is. Interestingly it is reckoned about 8% of males (much smaller percentage females) are colour blind to a greater or lesser degree ... there are therefore thousands of drivers who would prefer not having colour dependant indicators in a user interface. Thankfully in most cases it doesn't matter to me what the colour is called, so long as I can see a good contrast between the colour used for "A" as against the alternative colour for "B". To divert the inevitable question: yes, there's a good distinction between the stop and go colours on traffic lights even though usually green and red are generally a no no choice for me.
That's 'cos traffic light green has a heavy dose of blue in it for that reason. You'ld expect any car company or indeed anyone with ergonomics in mind would do the same...

Reactions: Adopado