Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One change I’ve noticed since updating to 44.5 is that when I do my paper round, I put it in park, get out, headlights go off but I leave the door ajar to stop it locking/hooting. Normally there are no lights on except the dome lights.
this morning the sidelights stayed on. It didn’t do that last week!

After installing 2021.44.5 the side cameras didn't work, but a reboot fixed that. I still find that strange as the install ends with a reboot, that smells of a race condition in the code on startup.

But anyway.. I no longer see the T logo on a restart now, just a blank screen until the reboot finishes. Before this update, I would always see the T logo on a reboot.

After installing 2021.44.5 the side cameras didn't work, but a reboot fixed that. I still find that strange as the install ends with a reboot, that smells of a race condition in the code on startup.

But anyway.. I no longer see the T logo on a restart now, just a blank screen until the reboot finishes. Before this update, I would always see the T logo on a reboot.
Likewise, no T after a reboot and quite a delay from button pressing to initiating the reboot.

Updated to .44.6 this morning and I now have vision based auto park. On a sample size of 1 it seems to work well!

It actually shows up under changes for 44.5, even though it wasn’t there when I got 44.5 last week. I had noticed it offering auto park a lot more at home (I park between my wife and a wall) in the last week - mostly ignored it as historically it’s been very poor although the one time i let it proceed it was a lot better than before. Maybe included in 44.5 but in some sort of hidden mode?

Can confirm it’s in the patch notes for 44.5. I didn’t check my car between .5 and .6 so can’t confirm if it was there before.

5EF04EE7-A9D1-4F7B-A32E-B3D674EA9C9C.jpeg

I had noticed it offering auto park a lot more at home (I park between my wife and a wall) in the last week - mostly ignored it as historically it’s been very poor although the one time i let it proceed it was a lot better than before. Maybe included in 44.5 but in some sort of hidden mode?
Do you not let her indoors in the winter?

I’m still on 2021.40.6. I take it that the updates are rolled out in phases? (Makes sense, noddy question but I’m just two weeks into Tesla ownership).

Yep, for 2 reasons:
1. Tesla does not have the bandwidth/server capacity to push to the fleet in one go
2. (more importantly, but not to Tesla) it is poor software management to push test software out in one hit, with the limited testing Tesla chooses it is safer to release in batches and hopefully catch the bugs before they get too widely distributed (Telsa's software management and numbering scheme is dire)

2. (more importantly, but not to Tesla) it is poor software management to push test software out in one hit, with the limited testing Tesla chooses it is safer to release in batches and hopefully catch the bugs before they get too widely distributed (Telsa's software management and numbering scheme is dire)

And to reiterate this with a real example as to why being on the latest and greatest is not so wonderful, a year or so back a version was rolled out that limited many users charging current to 16a part way through a charge. So those affected could only charge their car at half speed until Tesla rolled out a fix which iirc took a while.

Reactions: goRt
Status
Not open for further replies.