Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q1 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so couple small issue with my M3 LR that i picked up yesterday,

as i left office after it had been parked up all day, got in screen came on for a second then dislplay went blank, still drove and lights all on, not too sure what todo held down two scroll wheels for a little bit (probably 10 seconds) after a while then got th T and all fine before i left carpark, bit worrying on 2 day old car. maybe ill wake it up and switch on climate before tomorrows trip.

couple of warning on way back "Left door pillar camera blocked or blinded" "multiple door pillar camera blocked or blinded" but may have been a area with a couple of junctions so could have been traffic, soon went away. gave pillars a wipe over when i got home.

software 2020.39.104.2.1 wonder if we will see some updates soon...

Ok gents a few questions if I may:

1.) Mudflaps in the boot - no screws though? Where does one find the screws - or are they already in the body?

Thanks
The mud flaps have two parts to them. The shorter bits and the longer bits. My car came with the shorter bits already fitted. The bits in the boot are the longer bits than can be added on, if so desired.

One thing I'm trying to understand is the firmware that the car comes with. Only that I notice that there's lots of talk of 2021.4.x and from what I can figure 2021 is the year and the 4 the week and that my car came with 2020.39.104.2.1 installed. I would guess it is due an update in the near future.

Have I figured that out right?

As for the app. Once I'd hopped in the car, the sales rep press a couple of buttons on his phone and the car rebooted, popup for the trial connectivity popped up and the car appeared in my Tesla app. Took about 2-3 minutes in all.
I picked the car up this morning with the 2020 firmware. I got a notification a few minutes ago to tell me an update is available (about 12 hours later). Currently updating to the fun (or not?) new firmware!

couple of warning on way back "Left door pillar camera blocked or blinded" "multiple door pillar camera blocked or blinded" but may have been a area with a couple of junctions so could have been traffic, soon went away. gave pillars a wipe over when i got home.

Might be worth checking there isn't still plastic film on the door pillar covering the camera lens. Seem to recall a couple of similar occurrences in the past?

Could also be a problem of the camera being dazzled by low level sunlight, setting sun, that kind of thing, especially if you were driving through dappled shade. Failing that, one for the service centre I'm afraid.

Has anyone picked up their MIC Model 3 from Glasgow yet. I am there on 13/03 to collect mine and wondering what the setup is and how quick the process is?
Tesla Glasgow, as far as I know, is not yet open:

Glasgow | Tesla UK

There was chat in another thread about it earlier today:

Tesla Glasgow

I'm not aware of anyone that's collected from Glasgow yet, or indeed Aberdeen(?), just Edinburgh Newbridge.

Have you been given a collection address? They may be using temporary premises (e.g. a large car park and portacabin) for collections whilst continuing servicing in Edinburgh.

Might be worth checking there isn't still plastic film on the door pillar covering the camera lens. Seem to recall a couple of similar occurrences in the past?

Could also be a problem of the camera being dazzled by low level sunlight, setting sun, that kind of thing, especially if you were driving through dappled shade. Failing that, one for the service centre I'm afraid.

Thanks, just checked and no plastic, will keep an eye on it over the next week and log a fault if needed.

I picked the car up this morning with the 2020 firmware. I got a notification a few minutes ago to tell me an update is available (about 12 hours later). Currently updating to the fun (or not?) new firmware!

Apparently the 2021.04.10 firmware fixes all the slow charging issues with the LFP battery and battery charge not displaying correctly issues. So I am hoping we get that update soon.

I would be surprised if it wasn't already built into the hardware at least, with a view to being offered as a 'paid' upgrade at some point in the future. Much like they did with heated rear seats

I wonder if SR+ owners bought the rear heated seats upgrade, then that would make the heated steering wheel visible?

I would try myself having picked mine up on Monday but i cant see an option for upgrades on the app as of yet!

I see the cars are now being fitted with two types of (still too big and bouncy) number plate holders. I hope my car comes with the "Tesla" version and not the "Tesla.com" version with the visible tabs.

Only seen the front from images here. Are they the same at the back?

Mine was dropped off today... very quick hand over. They left and it was still in "Transport Mode". Had to chat to Tesla to work out how to change that. If anybody else has the same just hold the Tesla "T" on the screen for 5 secs and it'll prompt for a password... which is - "transport". The car then reboots and then works fine. Car seems really good. My car has only just linked to the Tesla App and it was delivered at 9:30am. I think they say it can take up to 2 days.

View attachment 641417
Thanks for the helpful tip.
I'm getting mine diverted on Saturday and can't wait.

Did they deliver your car by truck or did someone drive it to your home?
... Assume if you had a trade in they took it away too?

I got this while driving down dark roads with no lighting. Went away when entering a better lit area

I see the cars are now being fitted with two types of (still too big and bouncy) number plate holders. I hope my car comes with the "Tesla" version and not the "Tesla.com" version with the visible tabs.

Only seen the front from images here. Are they the same at the back?

Interesting how people see different things depending on what they are looking for. All I am interested in is getting a plate with GB on the green strip, but all the photos posted recently show a plain green strip.

I wonder if anyone has asked Tesla if there is a GB plate option.