Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q1 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone have their cherished plates made up at Thorpe Park? If so was it quick and simple? Collecting tomorrow and spotted taking the V778 was on my list.
Thorpe Park don’t have plate making facilities. They advised me to go to my local SC to get them made. I popped along to Gatwick where they kindly made them for me, on the house.

Anyone that has collected their M3, did it come with the Type 2 Adapter cable please?
Comes with a three phase type 2 cable, as well as the UMC with a British plug adapter.

Hi everyone! So we have now collected our LR M3 and it’s pretty much perfect, panel gaps are tight and consistent over the entire car, bonnet alignment spot on, power trunk gaps (an issue raised on pre-Christmas models) are also tight, door seals are all flush and straight, paint quality is also perfect (we did find 3 tiny/short scratches on the passenger side, all logged with service) heated steering wheel works great, new door cards look nice (better in person than in photos) software looks to be a pre-Christmas version (the app is telling me there is an update available) so will update you if this randomly knocks out the heated steering wheel function when I install it later.

We owned a 2020 LR M3 and the build quality has massively improved, even the reps we spoke to said collections to date have been much smoother with hardly any issues raised, so looking good for everyone collecting this month.

Hope you all enjoy your new cars and happy EV driving!

Attachments

• DAFDD718-A474-49B9-B699-1F47E1A04BD4.jpeg
    DAFDD718-A474-49B9-B699-1F47E1A04BD4.jpeg
    836 KB · Views: 117
  • 8A545558-2F7D-4D0A-96E4-BDF1C55A138E.jpeg
    8A545558-2F7D-4D0A-96E4-BDF1C55A138E.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 104
  • 43561B9E-B0A4-412C-9DB5-04C799D3E293.jpeg
    43561B9E-B0A4-412C-9DB5-04C799D3E293.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 88
Hi everyone! So we have now collected our LR M3 and it’s pretty much perfect, panel gaps are tight and consistent over the entire car, bonnet alignment spot on, power trunk gaps (an issue raised on pre-Christmas models) are also tight, door seals are all flush and straight, paint quality is also perfect (we did find 3 tiny/short scratches on the passenger side, all logged with service) heated steering wheel works great, new door cards look nice (better in person than in photos) software looks to be a pre-Christmas version (the app is telling me there is an update available) so will update you if this randomly knocks out the heated steering wheel function when I install it later.

We owned a 2020 LR M3 and the build quality has massively improved, even the reps we spoke to said collections to date have been much smoother with hardly any issues raised, so looking good for everyone collecting this month.

Congrats, looks great

• Love
Reactions: JonoVFX
Hi, collected. Mine on Monday and can confirm there is a Blue type 2 cable along with the UMC.
However no 16amp commando adapter supplied, just a uk domestic household plug adapter.

They stopped supplying the free 16amp commando adapter a while back. You can pay for a commando adapter to use with the UMC if you need one (16amp or 32amp).

Anyone picking up from Birmingham? My text to pick up on Monday 8th says Birmingham - St Andrews? I was expecting it to be Digbeth address but St Andrews sounds like the stadium??

We collected from Birmingham on Monday and "St Andrews" is their name for the new site just off the roundabout at A45. If coming from the city you need to head towards A45 Airport etc and then take the 1st right to double back on yourself as the entrance is on the city bound side of the dual carriageway.

A seamless hand over and car was perfect

Thorpe Park don’t have plate making facilities. They advised me to go to my local SC to get them made. I popped along to Gatwick where they kindly made them for me, on the house.

That is annoying, when I phoned up the delivery team they said they would make them up on collection.

Finish this off as I didn't press send before I left. As you said no plate make up there so I went to Heathrow SC on the way back and they charged the full £30+VAT. Rest of the process went really well

Looks great! picking mine up on the 20th. Did you by any chance check which battery it has?

Just picked up my M3 LR AWD from Victoria Warehouse in Manchester. Checking the car over was somewhat hampered by the fact that it was REALLY dark in the warehouse, as well as loud from thumping music, but the car is in really good nick. Very few alignment issues - rear right light unit is a little out. And there's a slight rattle from the passenger window but all good otherwise, as far as I can tell. Battery was on 40% and, despite asking, I wasn't offered free supercharging though I have supercharging credits so haven't paid anyway. Autopilot only took 15 minutes to calibrate, the app connected after 30 minutes and I got the software update after about an hour. So, not a lot to complain about really, other than scuffing the front left aero on the kerb as I pulled up to the house :oops:.

Just picked up my M3 LR AWD from Victoria Warehouse in Manchester. Checking the car over was somewhat hampered by the fact that it was REALLY dark in the warehouse, as well as loud from thumping music, but the car is in really good nick. Very few alignment issues - rear right light unit is a little out. And there's a slight rattle from the passenger window but all good otherwise, as far as I can tell. Battery was on 40% and, despite asking, I wasn't offered free supercharging though I have supercharging credits so haven't paid anyway. Autopilot only took 15 minutes to calibrate, the app connected after 30 minutes and I got the software update after about an hour. So, not a lot to complain about really, other than scuffing the front left aero on the kerb as I pulled up to the house :oops:.
Thanks for the info, I pick up from there on Saturday morning. Will be a black on black LR with 19" wheels. Really looking forward to it.

Gutted about the battery, I was hoping to get a chance to charge up in Warrington on my way home without using my free miles.

Thanks for the info, I pick up from there on Saturday morning. Will be a black on black LR with 19" wheels. Really looking forward to it.

Gutted about the battery, I was hoping to get a chance to charge up in Warrington on my way home without using my free miles.
I think it’s because the app registered so quickly. Try keeping your phone off until you’ve supercharged ;) Might make no difference though! Enjoy.