Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q1 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla delivered the car a day early to me in Dublin. I couldn't be happier with the SR+ that I got. I'm coming from a BMW so I was a bit apprehensive. For all of those about to get one, the build quality, panel gaps, paint, interior and driving experience is great. Way better than I remembered when I took a LR for a test drive last year.

Reactions: Yev000 and Adopado
Tesla delivered the car a day early to me in Dublin. I couldn't be happier with the SR+ that I got. I'm coming from a BMW so I was a bit apprehensive. For all of those about to get one, the build quality, panel gaps, paint, interior and driving experience is great. Way better than I remembered when I took a LR for a test drive last year.

Did they just ring you and say it was coming early or did you ask?

My LR is being delivered tomorrow is it true you can use the supercharger on delivery day FOC and before you receive the app?

I collected from Thorpe Park and said to the rep I heard we can get supercharger access to top up, he said did I need it and I said it depended how much charge it had, so he said he would delay activating the app then. When I got to the car there was 140m range showing so worthwhile asking for. I'd asked for 3 hours delay and 3 hours 10mins later my app activated. Although to be fair given I've got Octopus Go cheap rates to charge it, it was really more an opportunity to work out how the supercharger worked before I needed it for a real charge. It was worth doing, as the first time I plugged in it didn't work and I asked a Tesla rep at the service centre to check what I was doing wrong. We just unplugged and replugged in and it was ok that time. The other main learning is it can take a lot of jiggling the plug to get it out of the supercharger, I don't think the button on the handle works very well. So having seen multiple Youtubers going through the pains of getting charging to work sometimes, it was actually good to have a hiccup to remind me.

• Informative
Reactions: The Slee
I collected from Thorpe Park and said to the rep I heard we can get supercharger access to top up, he said did I need it and I said it depended how much charge it had, so he said he would delay activating the app then. When I got to the car there was 140m range showing so worthwhile asking for. I'd asked for 3 hours delay and 3 hours 10mins later my app activated. Although to be fair given I've got Octopus Go cheap rates to charge it, it was really more an opportunity to work out how the supercharger worked before I needed it for a real charge. It was worth doing, as the first time I plugged in it didn't work and I asked a Tesla rep at the service centre to check what I was doing wrong. We just unplugged and replugged in and it was ok that time. The other main learning is it can take a lot of jiggling the plug to get it out of the supercharger, I don't think the button on the handle works very well. So having seen multiple Youtubers going through the pains of getting charging to work sometimes, it was actually good to have a hiccup to remind me.
Ha! My first supercharge experience yesterday was identical. Had to ask for help and she simply plugged it back in again - I felt like a total noob.

The other main learning is it can take a lot of jiggling the plug to get it out of the supercharger, I don't think the button on the handle works very well.

What button? There is a button to open charge port/end charge but I've not come across any button needed to remove it from the stall although I have yet to do v3.

Biggest issue I found is them being too loose and falling out on their own and hitting the car - a problem with v2 chargers when there is a second cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adopado
Collected from Birmingham today. Fit and finish is exemplary, as was the handover process. They have 24 SuC on site so the car was charged to 90% for me. As soon as I'd signed they activated the premium connectivity trial, which sparked the phone into action.

While playing with the settings I noticed the USB key was missing from the glove box, so they sent me over to the Digbeth showroom where they sorted me out with one in 10 minutes.

The car was pre-conditioning when I picked it up and let me tell you, the heated steering wheel is mint!