Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q1 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok gents a few questions if I may:

1.) Mudflaps in the boot - no screws though? Where does one find the screws - or are they already in the body?
2.) Bought leasing they ALD (Tesla) - any idea how long it takes them to add the car to your account so you can use your Tesla app?

Thanks

Hi any luck on the mudflaps not had chance to look at mine yet?

Thought I’d mention this here in case anyone is interested. The staff at Thorpe park today mentioned that all cars there need to be collected before 1st April (or around there if my memory is correct) as they need to move out of that location by then. I guess Thorpe Park will be preparing for the possibility of re-opening. Not sure where they will be collected from after, maybe back to west Drayton just down the road.

• Informative
Reactions: john19951
Hi there. For those that have already collected just wanted to ask if your doors are aligned like this? The front door protrudes from the rear door slightly. It’s the same on both sides so I don’t know if that’s normal or not. Have tried to attach some pics too. 889D67DF-C92E-4D6B-923D-FAAE15D5671D.jpeg D65C16AF-696B-4186-9E65-D77EF5EB4B74.jpeg

Picked mine up from Bluewater at 2pm and took it straight to Harlow to have it PPF'd etc.

Handover was flawless. Car was flawless. I couldn't find ANY panel gap issues and had even been polished and looked really shiny and great.

Slight bit of glue residue on the roof in 4 places, thats it. SO happy with it though!
received_181609130137511.jpg
20210302_141407.jpg 20210302_142425.jpg received_181609130137511.jpg received_247383023783203.jpg received_362726111397076.jpg

Also, for anyone else collecting from Bluewater - turns out there are 3 red car parks....

So you want the middle one. Guildhall Middle Level.

Last edited:
Picked mine up from Bluewater at 2pm and took it straight to Harlow to have it PPF'd etc.

Handover was flawless. Car was flawless. I couldn't find ANY panel gap issues and had even been polished and looked really shiny and great.

Slight bit of glue residue on the roof in 4 places, thats it. SO happy with it though!View attachment 641352 View attachment 641350 View attachment 641351 View attachment 641352 View attachment 641353 View attachment 641354
Looks superb, congratulations!

Reactions: Billbrown1982
How was the delivery service, I’ve got mine coming on Saturday. Did they allow you to inspect the car and log any faults, did it have much charge, was it clean? Thanks

They kinda just left it and then left. Made a note of a few oddities which I'll report when I have access to the tesla app.

Still awaiting my tesla app access, they told me I'd have it within 4 hours but it's 6 hours plus and still not got my app access which is frustrating!

Otherwise, love the car, auto high beam seems to work fine, autopilot and cruise control is working great, no phantom breaking, the wheel is less frustrating to hold and keep autopilot happy than the test drive car.

Reactions: 16tablets
Mine was dropped off today... very quick hand over. They left and it was still in "Transport Mode". Had to chat to Tesla to work out how to change that. If anybody else has the same just hold the Tesla "T" on the screen for 5 secs and it'll prompt for a password... which is - "transport". The car then reboots and then works fine. Car seems really good. My car has only just linked to the Tesla App and it was delivered at 9:30am. I think they say it can take up to 2 days.

C15AAA0E-6A7A-4A4C-AEF7-7B09234A9388.JPG

One thing I'm trying to understand is the firmware that the car comes with. Only that I notice that there's lots of talk of 2021.4.x and from what I can figure 2021 is the year and the 4 the week and that my car came with 2020.39.104.2.1 installed. I would guess it is due an update in the near future.

Have I figured that out right?

As for the app. Once I'd hopped in the car, the sales rep press a couple of buttons on his phone and the car rebooted, popup for the trial connectivity popped up and the car appeared in my Tesla app. Took about 2-3 minutes in all.