Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q1 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had chance to have a proper look over since I collected the car on Friday and almost everything is immaculate except for the drivers' and passenger door which are protruding a little bit. I think they mentioned something about this on a recent R Symons video, and didn't another member spot the same on his car? Anyway, I've booked it into Digbeth SC in a week's time so we'll see what they say/what can be adjusted.
View attachment 642910View attachment 642911
Let us know how you get on with this. My Fremont built 2021 car has this issue on the driver's door (passenger side is spot on), although not as bad as yours! On mine it only protrudes slightly on the lower part of the door, not at the top like yours. First attempt by the SC to fix it wasn't successful. It's going back in soon to replace the rear camera (which is not working properly in night mode) so I'm going to ask them to try again. I'm not sure if they even adjusted it the first time since they were working through a list of other minor defects at the same time. The other main issue I had on delivery was a badly fitting bootlid, but that is much better now although still not perfect. These are great cars on the whole, but these "panel fit" issues are a bit irritating. My Model X is the same, only this time it's the passenger front door that protrudes and the driver's side is perfect. Again the SC didn't really fix the issue and I'd sort of forgotten about it until now, so will get back on their case before warranty runs out.

Reactions: browellm
Had chance to have a proper look over since I collected the car on Friday and almost everything is immaculate except for the drivers' and passenger door which are protruding a little bit. I think they mentioned something about this on a recent R Symons video, and didn't another member spot the same on his car? Anyway, I've booked it into Digbeth SC in a week's time

yes that’s mine. It’s actually at Digbeth now although they sent it to the body shop. So expecting to be without the car for a couple of weeks 😢

Just in case people were looking for an answer to this. It took me about 30 mins in total collecting the car from Leeds on Saturday. This included about 20 mins checking over the car.

SC staff had a look at my trade in while I was checking the Tesla, so a trade in added no extra time.

My biggest distraction was my wife playing with Careoke (sp?).

Im really happy with the fit and finish of the car. it’s amazing!
Still only 53 miles on the clock and probably still has some Shanghai electricity in the battery.
Picking up mine from Leeds on Friday!! Can’t wait!!
Sounds like you were happy with the service you received at Leeds which is reassuring.
We have quite a long drive home from Leeds - just wondering what battery charge was like on pick up and if you were given any additional SuC charge?

Picking up mine from Leeds on Friday!! Can’t wait!!
Sounds like you were happy with the service you received at Leeds which is reassuring.
We have quite a long drive home from Leeds - just wondering what battery charge was like on pick up and if you were given any additional SuC charge?
I picked mine up from Leeds and gave them the heads up that I had a lengthy drive, they were very accommodating and ensured it had 95%

Just in case people were looking for an answer to this. It took me about 30 mins in total collecting the car from Leeds on Saturday. This included about 20 mins checking over the car.

SC staff had a look at my trade in while I was checking the Tesla, so a trade in added no extra time.

My biggest distraction was my wife playing with Careoke (sp?).

Im really happy with the fit and finish of the car. it’s amazing!
Still only 53 miles on the clock and probably still has some Shanghai electricity in the battery.
Congrats! Did you figure out what battery pack it comes with in the end?

Nope, you just need her to sign in with your credentials... You can of course add her pofile in the car itself.

Please be aware........... The app has location of the car....... So you would be technically sharing your location with the wife if you take the car....................................
You can give access to 5 other drivers in your Tesla account

User profile and 'key' are different from driver accounts linked to the car.

A user profile is the seat and many configuration personalisation's - you can set these up at will and swiftly switch between them as required.
A key is a physical device, phone, card, fob etc, used to activate the car. You can optionally link a key to a profile such that when a key is used to unlock the car, a specific driver profile is selected - but its sometimes hit and miss what it chooses. We don't bother with linking as its 2 screen presses and 10 seconds to change driver profiles and seat/steering positions.
A driver on the cars account is effectively a Tesla account linked to the car, ie the log on for the phone/account. A single driver account can have several phones that login using the same credentials.

Reactions: Tigermad
Does anyone have a new 2021 collection checklist they've used? I've been hunting around but haven't seen any ones for the new models (ie what mats come with the car now??). I've sold my 2019 SR+ and am collecting a MIC LR AWD Model 3 on Monday from Southampton and I'd like to have a current list, if possible.

Small update. Had the car polished in West Drayton. They managed to do it by about 3PM same day. I'm cautiosly happy with the results, weather right now is pretty rubbish, but i cant see any issues under lights and scratches appear to be gone.

I've sold my 2019 SR+ and am collecting a MIC LR AWD Model 3 on Monday from Southampton and I'd like to have a current list, if possible.
Hey welcome to the ex-SR club. To be honest the car is close to perfect now (apart from valeting issues), unless you want to go over the panel gaps with a gauge. Issues with the frunk fit are still there in some cars, but you will see that right away. Jack ports seem fine, but check those.

The floor mats are present, but you wont get any in the frunk or back.

You should get the blue cable and UMC with 3 pin (commando no longer included, but I nicked mine from my SR before selling)

Check that the USB card is there in the glove box.

And unless your phone does wireless charging you might want to get USBc to whatever your phone uses cables because there are no regular USB jacks anymore (apart from the one in the glovebox)

The biggest problem I had at Southampton is getting bombed by a seagul as soon as I was ready to drive off. The cleaning guys there were kind enough to give it a wipe down though.