Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q1 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For raising service issues post delivery do you raise separate issues per item - eg bodywork - or bunch them together? Eg do I say something like ā€˜various bodywork issuesā€™ or ā€˜dent in bootā€™, ā€˜paint chipā€™ etc?

I guess bodywork is exterior trim? Canā€™t see a dedicated bodywork section

For raising service issues post delivery do you raise separate issues per item - eg bodywork - or bunch them together? Eg do I say something like ā€˜various bodywork issuesā€™ or ā€˜dent in bootā€™, ā€˜paint chipā€™ etc?

I guess bodywork is exterior trim? Canā€™t see a dedicated bodywork section

I bunched them all together onto the "other" category. Also best to attach photos.

Reactions: Mrklaw
Its the end of Q1 and its great that Tesla finally seem to be making real progress on the handover quality of the delivery UK Model 3's. It no longer seems to be the lottery that it was with the Fremont built cars.
Agree 100%, the feedback we are seeing posted hereabouts supports the early theory (hope) that MIC would improve quality. A couple of the FB groups I'm on bolster this view. Notwithstanding this and the probability of further improvements from MIG, the trolls will still cite poor quality ad nauseam šŸ™„

Just collected mine today from Chertsey. I was nervous because I've never driven (or even been inside) an electric car - but within 5 seconds I knew I was never going back to Gas

A few things I don't like or still getting used to. The glass roof is way too tinted compared to my previous Nissan Qashqai (I don't see the point of a huge glass roof unless it actually lets in lots of light like my Nissann) and so far I'm not a fan of the navigation (don't like the birds eye view) - but it drives so smoothly and quietly that I can forgive these few niggles.

It's also a lot quicker than I was expecting. I went for the SR+ as I only do 30 miles a day and I was concerned it would be a bit boring compared to the LR models in most of the You Tube reviews - but pleasantly surprised and more than fast enough for me.

Can't wait for my app to start working so I can experiment more

Just collected mine today from Chertsey. I was nervous because I've never driven (or even been inside) an electric car - but within 5 seconds I knew I was never going back to Gas

A few things I don't like or still getting used to. The glass roof is way too tinted compared to my previous Nissan Qashqai (I don't see the point of a huge glass roof unless it actually lets in lots of light like my Nissann) and so far I'm not a fan of the navigation (don't like the birds eye view) - but it drives so smoothly and quietly that I can forgive these few niggles.

It's also a lot quicker than I was expecting. I went for the SR+ as I only do 30 miles a day and I was concerned it would be a bit boring compared to the LR models in most of the You Tube reviews - but pleasantly surprised and more than fast enough for me.

If you tap the icon in the top left of the map it will cycle through to 3D heading up view.

Reactions: Durzel

You're a lot braver than me - buying in the way you have! :eek:

I would highly recommend downloading the manual onto a tablet and sitting in the car and having a good play and read. The manual is available in the car but it's not searchable in the way you can on a device. There will be a million and one things to take on board and if you are informed it will only improve your ownership experience.

You're defo right on one thing - there's no way back to "gas" after you've had a dose of leccy driving :D

Same as myself Qashqai to Model 3 SR+

I prefer the seats I had in the Qashqai to the M3, but thatā€™s a minor point and could just be a setting that needs tweaked.

Did yours come with any mud flaps attached? I have some in the boot but thought some little ones were already attached?

Did yours come with any mud flaps attached? I have some in the boot but thought some little ones were already attached?

I think I had a couple in the boot but not attached. Curious why and must mean theyā€™re self-fit?

Also mine was missing the granny charger - seems theyā€™d used it to top the car off while it was away from the superchargers. Would have preferred it left unwrapped in the bag as they must have plenty round the back..

I think I had a couple in the boot but not attached. Curious why and must mean theyā€™re self-fit?

Also mine was missing the granny charger - seems theyā€™d used it to top the car off while it was away from the superchargers. Would have preferred it left unwrapped in the bag as they must have plenty round the back..
Check the front wheel arches. You should have the splashguards (small mudflaps) already fitted. The long bits in the boot are the extensions you can fit, if you so wish.

Reactions: Mrklaw
Collected my M3 SR+ on Monday 29th at Bluewater. Given that I never test drove or sat in a Tesla before, I was nervous picking it up from all the stories I read in the US/UK about panel gaps/paint chips/etc.

Pick up location
- Took an Uber to Bluewater and coincidentally it was an Tesla Model 3 older model šŸ˜…
- Luckily on another forum someone mentioned they picked up their Tesla from Bluewater too but got lost. But they showed me which carpark to go to
- When I got close to Bluewater, there were big white Tesla signs showing the way and I just directed the Uber driver
- Saw many Tesla models being displayed inside the car park
- Talked to one of the Tesla staff and he said they were all sold (apparently they get about 30+ shipped in every day!)

Picking up the car
- Got served straight away
- Handed in my driving license and was shown to my car within minutes
- Was told I could take my time to check over the car and if I had any questions, just ask
- From my VIN, it looked like my Tesla was made from China so I went through the usual check list
- Everything was flawless (I chose white on white)
- Had trouble setting up my phone key and walk away lock. But the Tesla staff help me sort out both with ease
- Other than that, I was happy and had no issues whatsoever and drove off in my new Tesla M3 SR+

Overall I would say it was an excellent experience buying a Tesla for the first time!

IMG_0296 2.jpg

Picked mine up from Bluewater at 2pm and took it straight to Harlow to have it PPF'd etc.

Handover was flawless. Car was flawless. I couldn't find ANY panel gap issues and had even been polished and looked really shiny and great.

Slight bit of glue residue on the roof in 4 places, thats it. SO happy with it though!View attachment 641352 View attachment 641350 View attachment 641351 View attachment 641352 View attachment 641353 View attachment 641354

Also, for anyone else collecting from Bluewater - turns out there are 3 red car parks....

So you want the middle one. Guildhall Middle Level.
Hi there.

Responding to a super old post I know, so hopefully you see it!

Is that the car park at Bluewater where the Superchargers are located? Just want to be sure where I need to go to collect my M3P on 11th Sept.

Many thanks!