Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q2 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those who picked theirs up with the warped key cards - have you managed to get these replaced by Tesla yet? I reported mine in the app (along with the rear heated seats not working) and I’ve received an estimate from my local SC with a cost to replace both of them. It clearly states ‘customer pay’ on there which seems odd.

I’ve not approved anything yet and will give them a call in the morning to check but surely this should be done under warranty?
I reported my single warped card on collection, and they said they'd make a note on the system and get two new ones sent out FOC as extras.

That was 8 days ago and not had anything yet.

Reactions: TomH0927
Those who picked theirs up with the warped key cards - have you managed to get these replaced by Tesla yet? I reported mine in the app (along with the rear heated seats not working) and I’ve received an estimate from my local SC with a cost to replace both of them. It clearly states ‘customer pay’ on there which seems odd.

I’ve not approved anything yet and will give them a call in the morning to check but surely this should be done under warranty?
They swapped them when I picked the car up (Tesla Leeds), apparently they were all left on the dashboards at Southampton.

Logged it on the app; ranger coming a few days after we return from holidays. No hint of a payment yet, but the visitor's over a week away.
A few days ago a text from Tesla asked me to review the appointment under the app and IIRC it was clear from that that there would be no charge (obviously).

The ranger came at lunchtime today, sorted two new cards and took away the two warped ones. He was here for no more than five minutes and his manner and attitude were excellent. (It looks like he forgot to delete one of the two original cards, but that only took a moment. The two new cards are now listed as "unknown keys" and have weird symbols, rather than appearing as key cards with proper key card symbols, but hey. They work OK. And maybe a reboot will sort that tiny little glitch. 🤷‍♂️ )

Anyway, we now have nice flat cards. That's the main thing.

The two new cards are now listed as "unknown keys" and have weird symbols, rather than appearing as key cards with proper key card symbols, but hey.

That may be a known bug, although my last key card added without issue so may now be resolved. M3 won't remember a name given to a Key card

Its easy enough to delete and re-add a key card, so long as you have one active; ie do not delete both at the same time. But that is no guarantee that when added back that it will maintain its naming.

We have 4 key cards and its sometimes useful to differentiate them by name although not strictly necessary.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
That may be a known bug, although my last key card added without issue so may now be resolved. M3 won't remember a name given to a Key card

Its easy enough to delete and re-add a key card, so long as you have one active; ie do not delete both at the same time. But that is no guarantee that when added back that it will maintain its naming.

We have 4 key cards and its sometimes useful to differentiate them by name although not strictly necessary.
I can rename the cards, so we can work out which one is which, and associate them with profiles. But instead of the words 'key card' after the last date used, and the image of a key card (see first image borrowed from the Australian sub-forum), I get 'unknown key' and a 'skeleton key' symbol (second image). It seems not to matter, and we only use the keys as a backup, but it's a bit odd (and didn't affect the previous, warped cards). And, as you say, almost certainly a bug (I've found plenty of similar niggles online, but no solution, apart from possibly waiting for a software update).

Attachments

• IMG_1392.JPG
    IMG_1392.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Tesla.jpg
    Tesla.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Got my key cards and rear heated seats issue sorted today at Nottingham SC (turned out the car had the incorrect profile so it needed updating to enable the rear seat heating. Working fine now and controllable through the app so all good). Excellent service from them, dropped off at 9am and car ready to collect at lunchtime. No courtesy car available so they offered me Uber vouchers which was a nice gesture too.

Got my key cards and rear heated seats issue sorted today at Nottingham SC (turned out the car had the incorrect profile so it needed updating to enable the rear seat heating. Working fine now and controllable through the app so all good). Excellent service from them, dropped off at 9am and car ready to collect at lunchtime. No courtesy car available so they offered me Uber vouchers which was a nice gesture too.
Just got my heated seats and front fog lights sorted (both were not activated). I also had a loose clip in the passenger door card that rattled which they also fixed. Also got Uber vouchers. It was a good experience!

Just picked up my M3SR+ from Bluewater today, excellent service and so easy. Just head towards the Yellow Lower Plaza Car Park, when you enter you cannot miss the Tesla signage. There is a stand with staff all waiting to assist, all I had to show was driving license, then a guy took me to my car with the 2 x keycards.

No pressure at all, I must be have been there for nearly an hour with my checklist, luckily for me no issues and I DO have passenger lumbar too!

So happy with the car so far, because it’s leased, the app took 3hrs to activate on my phone once I was at home, now all connected and phone key configured.
Just found your post, really helpful, I'm due to collect my M3LR beginning of September. I was wondering how on earth I'd find it in the expanse of car park at Bluewater!