Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q2 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick note to let you know how pickup went…

I got to the Trafford Centre a little early but they didn’t seem to mind.

Hand over took a couple of minutes and they couldn’t do enough to help.

Looking over the car I couldn't find anything noteworthy, in terms of being wrong (so far). It has heated steering wheel and boombox

The app had synced before I’d got back from the loo. The only thing that would have been a nice to have was more than 70 miles worth of electrons but it was enough to get it home. I thought

So, so far so good. +1 in the positive column
Oh wow Saturday they must have been busy! I went a day before and it was much calmer and my car had 186 miles of range or 60% battery - did you ask if you give you some free supercharging allowance on the day - apart that enjoy your new ride am sure am! 👍🏼

Reactions: YorkshireBrew
Based on the recent reports out of the USA, any of the gang with recent pickups can you say if you had lumbar support controls on the passenger side of your Model 3? Lastly, any decent collection checklist you'd recommend?
Well the ones where getting are MiC ones so things might be different - mine does and I had to refer to this video
on how to use it properly! Decent seats to be fair 🙂 and yes it had on both front seats :)

I found this checklist to be very comprehensive and logical Tesla Model 3 UK RHD - Delivery Checklist to be honest the MIC ones are much better so don’t worry too much but helps your frame of mind when collecting the car so enjoy the car most importantly!

Last edited:
Yeah, I was hoping this removal of lumbar support for the passenger is a Fremont thing and that the MIC cars still have it, nice to hear it might well be the case.

Thank you for the checklist. I'm not going to be super picky on collection, but I want to check for some basics at least.

Reactions: yfwt
Yeah, I was hoping this removal of lumbar support for the passenger is a Fremont thing and that the MIC cars still have it, nice to hear it might well be the case.

Thank you for the checklist. I'm not going to be super picky on collection, but I want to check for some basics at least.
No problem well the lists help! I was worried I would be too excited after saving up for 5 years for it! Enjoy it, it’s a special moment (for me it’s my dream car for now!)

Quick question I forgot to ask the delivery team on collection day - does the model 3 come with locking wheel nuts for the alloys and if so where would they put them? If I can’t find them shall I call or log it in the app? Any advice please, many thanks in advance! 🙏🏼

There's been a change to the amount of jets (squooshers) on the latest Model Y deliveries in the USA, up from one per wiper to 5, apparently. 2 on the end of the wiper arm (as pictured) and a further 3 along the length of the arm.

1622924641689.png

Would be interested to hear from any new UK collections if this change has made it to the MIC Model 3 as well.

Delivery day tomorrow :)

Many thanks for the checklist - I'll check some of the technical functional stuff after delivery, but will do the build checks external and internal before signing. As it's a lease car, I'm guessing it will be some hours or a day or two before it shows up in my account.

Reactions: yfwt
There's been a change to the amount of jets (squooshers) on the latest Model Y deliveries in the USA, up from one per wiper to 5, apparently. 2 on the end of the wiper arm (as pictured) and a further 3 along the length of the arm.

View attachment 670022

Would be interested to hear from any new UK collections if this change has made it to the MIC Model 3 as well.
Just the one I think for mine and mine was collected in late May, VIN batch 218

Reactions: Medved_77
Right, we're on. M3 LR AWD now on my driveway

Text from AnyVan at about half nine with tracking link - seems to have been picked up from NEC (about 30 minutes away). I might have checked the progress of the van once or twice on the way...
A reasonably careful check over showed no obvious problems, VIN and Reg number tallied with those advised. White seats are VERY white - good thing my new sunglasses arrived yesterday. Panel alignment etc seems fine, delivery guy confirming that the MIC vehicles this quarter have been pretty good.
Vehicle had about 35% charge, giving it a quick daytime squirt to verify it's happy talking to PodPoint. Living near Rugby, will take a spin to the Moto Supercharger once it's shown up in the app (presumably waiting on leasing companies to do stuff) to check that's working correctly. Just need to get used to the UI now.

Reactions: ningpa
Right, we're on. M3 LR AWD now on my driveway

Text from AnyVan at about half nine with tracking link - seems to have been picked up from NEC (about 30 minutes away). I might have checked the progress of the van once or twice on the way...
A reasonably careful check over showed no obvious problems, VIN and Reg number tallied with those advised. White seats are VERY white - good thing my new sunglasses arrived yesterday. Panel alignment etc seems fine, delivery guy confirming that the MIC vehicles this quarter have been pretty good.
Vehicle had about 35% charge, giving it a quick daytime squirt to verify it's happy talking to PodPoint. Living near Rugby, will take a spin to the Moto Supercharger once it's shown up in the app (presumably waiting on leasing companies to do stuff) to check that's working correctly. Just need to get used to the UI now.
Mine took about 5-6hrs to appear in the app post delivery and signing of documents sent on email

Today was the day! Pickup from Bristol Cribb's Causeway.

New cars (all M3s) ready for today were just out the back of the store, but I did find another 50+ cars a few car parks away that were still being prepped. I was 30 minutes early but no problem, just had to wait five minutes whilst the chap in front was shown his car. Handover was brief, as expected, but the guy doing handover was able to answer a few questions and double checked that I had all the correct cables/accessories in the boot,

Quality of the car? Spot on. No panel gaps, everything works. The store said they've been much happier with the MIC cars recently with far fewer issues. Other bits?

Good
- Came with passenger lumbar support
- Came with radar (suck that USA)
- No panel gaps
- Paintwork all good
- Cameras calibrated just as I got on to the M4, nice and quick
- Appeared in app within 40 minutes

Not so good
- Was parked under a tree awaiting collection, so the back is covered in spots of sap. Needs a wash. Seeing as there's a billion other parking spaces at Cribb's that aren't under trees this is a bit of a goof.
- Only 100 miles of charge in the battery, so stopped off at the Cardiff Supercharger at home and gave it a squirt. Instantly pulled 157kW. The staff wanted to come see the car and they all love the red colour and commented on how few they see...

Just back from collecting mine at Southampton.

Litrally hundreds of model 3's are in compounds around the collection area and the Tesla sales guy said the boat had nearly 3000 to offload. Hyperian Ray could be seen.
Really pleased with the car, all is as it should be and it came with 100% charge. Away for the weekend in it shortly but can't get the smile off of my face!

Attachments

• IMG_7332 [50%].JPG
    IMG_7332 [50%].JPG
    450.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7327 [50%].JPG
    IMG_7327 [50%].JPG
    455.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7328 [50%].JPG
    IMG_7328 [50%].JPG
    490.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7340 [50%].JPG
    IMG_7340 [50%].JPG
    862.6 KB · Views: 72
Just back from collecting mine at Southampton.

Litrally hundreds of model 3's are in compounds around the collection area and the Tesla sales guy said the boat had nearly 3000 to offload. Hyperian Ray could be seen.
Really pleased with the car, all is as it should be and it came with 100% charge. Away for the weekend in it shortly but can't get the smile off of my face!
Great and enjoy your Tesla. Not sure whether we can take delivery of any other cars from the Dock :)

Reactions: peige