Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q2 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to report that my M3 LR arrived safely this morning all panel gaps look good only down side is that is raining so unable to see if they have botched the polish one thing i did notice was the rear door handles are slightly recessed. The delivery guy told me to contact lease/Tesla have done so with lease company awaiting their response and for them to activate my tesla account and add the Mrs so can pair her phone as a key. Having to work and having the car out side yet to take it out for a quick spin hoping to do so at lunch time. Battery came to me at 47% so just stuck it on charge with the Andersen charging seemless and can open the charge point while the car unlocked by just pressing the hatch.

Happy to report that my M3 LR arrived safely this morning all panel gaps look good only down side is that is raining so unable to see if they have botched the polish one thing i did notice was the rear door handles are slightly recessed. The delivery guy told me to contact lease/Tesla have done so with lease company awaiting their response and for them to activate my tesla account and add the Mrs so can pair her phone as a key. Having to work and having the car out side yet to take it out for a quick spin hoping to do so at lunch time. Battery came to me at 47% so just stuck it on charge with the Andersen charging seemless and can open the charge point while the car unlocked by just pressing the hatch.

I would be very interested to learn more about the Pedestrian Warning System functionality:

- Can it be switched on/off?
- Can the volume be controlled, other than driving at different speeds?
- Is it just PWS or does it have a Boombox i.e. can the sounds be changed?

The delivery driver took it of the loading bed and straight on to the drive so just sitting there charging at the moment. Had a play in the menu and couldnt see any mention on the UI with regards to switching it off. Will be on my own testing so will have to have the windows down to see if I notice the PWS but I am partially deaf in the right ear so might struggle to hear it anyways 🤣🤣🤣. Hopefully will have an update for you in the next hour or 2.

Reactions: 2021_M3P
Its worth remembering that new cars often are delivered still with an odd ball factory version so may not have functionality that was added/changed since the car was built. OTA versions can take a few hours to several weeks (or longer if car is not updating properly) before they get offered. Its quite possibly that a new feature change, such as PWS is not in its final state.

Its worth remembering that new cars often are delivered still with an odd ball factory version so may not have functionality that was added/changed since the car was built. OTA versions can take a few hours to several weeks (or longer if car is not updating properly) before they get offered. Its quite possibly that a new feature change, such as PWS is not in its final state.

Good to know, thank you.

The delivery driver took it of the loading bed and straight on to the drive so just sitting there charging at the moment. Had a play in the menu and couldnt see any mention on the UI with regards to switching it off. Will be on my own testing so will have to have the windows down to see if I notice the PWS but I am partially deaf in the right ear so might struggle to hear it anyways 🤣🤣🤣. Hopefully will have an update for you in the next hour or 2.
Brilliant thank you @OddJob83

Oddly enough i did notice the version it is currently running is not the the latest. Currently running 2020.47.104 and Nav 2019.21. I just popped out and had a quick sneek look under the rear of the car and cannot see any thing under there that shows the PWS speaker. I was expecting to see speaker holes but none there, but not sure if that means anything as it could still be behind it and no holes to prevent water ingress into the speakers.

Edit: Just google where the PWS is located and its at the front not the rear as I assumed. Had a look again at the speaker holes are definitly there.

Oddly enough i did notice the version it is currently running is not the the latest. Currently running 2020.47.104 and Nav 2019.21. I just popped out and had a quick sneek look under the rear of the car and cannot see any thing under there that shows the PWS speaker. I was expecting to see speaker holes but none there, but not sure if that means anything as it could still be behind it and no holes to prevent water ingress into the speakers.

Edit: Just google where the PWS is located and its at the front not the rear as I assumed. Had a look again at the speaker holes are definitly there.
iirc the holes are there on all cars - it's the fitment of the actual speaker that is the key, that and PWS being activated in the software of course....

Any idea which Battery you got in the LR?

Just taken the car for a little spin and can confirm on the reversing PWS its quite loud but i cannot notice it if driving forward. But as its my first EV not sure if it is different to the older cars. Not notice anything on the reversing UI to indicate you are able to lower the volume on this. I didnt have the radio/music on as I have yet to set this all up. Feels like I am going to be spending a few hours in the the car going nowhere setting up all the necessary settings to my liking.

@jfrancis i have no clue on what battery pack it has as this is a lease car and I dont have the V5 to have a look. Might ask my lease to provide me a copy of the V5 or what ever they have to show proof that I have the right to drive this car.

Just taken the car for a little spin and can confirm on the reversing PWS its quite loud but i cannot notice it if driving forward. But as its my first EV not sure if it is different to the older cars. Not notice anything on the reversing UI to indicate you are able to lower the volume on this. I didnt have the radio/music on as I have yet to set this all up. Feels like I am going to be spending a few hours in the the car going nowhere setting up all the necessary settings to my liking.

@jfrancis i have no clue on what battery pack it has as this is a lease car and I dont have the V5 to have a look. Might ask my lease to provide me a copy of the V5 or what ever they have to show proof that I have the right to drive this car.
Yes, probably a good idea. I am getting a lease too and wondering if it is the new battery, which some people are getting, it means you can and should charge to 100% etc.

1620909594276.png

I would be very interested to learn more about the Pedestrian Warning System functionality:

- Can it be switched on/off?
- Can the volume be controlled, other than driving at different speeds?
- Is it just PWS or does it have a Boombox i.e. can the sounds be changed?
The OP didn't mention PWS in the first post, unless it's been edited. Why would you assume it's present?

UK cars don't seem to be getting the 80.5kwh battery, only the cars made in Fremont. If you look at cars witht he BT38 battery in Europe, the range is 580 kms WLTP (old battery) and when they have the BT42 battery they have 614 kms (new) but in the UK all the LR arriving have the BT38 battery

360 miles as spec'd on the Tesla website is also 579 km which equates more or less to the older battery as per the chart

Last edited: