Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q2 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The OP didn't mention PWS in the first post, unless it's been edited. Why would you assume it's present?

Because PWS is present (been confirmed in other forums) on new deliveries, and because I was interested. And as mentioned this conversation started elsewhere (then got switched by the moderator), and this was part of the original subject.

I wonder if the M3P might come with the bigger battery, no reason that it should or is likely to, given that the LR isn't and the chart suggests it should....

I think someone (not sure how) was looking at the inventory M3P cars and found out (somehow) that it was the BT42 battery i.e. the same 82kw Panasonic battery used in Fremont. Not sure how accurate that is !!

• Helpful
Reactions: Jez_GB
I think someone (not sure how) was looking at the inventory M3P cars and found out (somehow) that it was the BT42 battery i.e. the same 82kw Panasonic battery used in Fremont. Not sure how accurate that is !!
Correct the inventory spec shows the BT42 battery which is apparently the 82kWh version.

Hoping it doesnt come with the identified issues but we will see on that one.

• Informative
Out of curiosity, how did you find that in the spec? - I had a quick look and couldn't see it
If you look at the Manufacturing code list area it decodes the vasrious option codes including the battery.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: 2021_M3P and Jez_GB
Reactions: Jez_GB and 2021_M3P
Out of curiosity, how did you find that in the spec? - I had a quick look and couldn't see it
I am currently having exactly this discussion with another forum member right now, one shouldn't have to resort to forums to discover what is or is not being supplied to you when you place your order.
You should be in no doubt what you are getting for your money

I took delivery of a M3LR in white yesterday. This was ordered on 15th March. As it is a company lease, I think the comms were a little different than a purchase, but as plenty of people are saying on this thread, it is sporadic from Tesla. I didn't get the reg or VIN until yesterday morning from the lease company.
Delivery was via AnyVan from Tesla Leeds. They sent me a tracker that was spot on. It was delivered with 7 miles on the clock.
The car looks flawless from what I have seen and had about 230 miles charge. It was supplied with:
  • Mud flaps - for me to fit, but it looks easy enough
  • 2 cables - 3 pin adaptor to Type 2 (black and in a black case) and what looks like a Type 2 male to Type 2 female (blue and in a plastic pack)
  • Tesla emergency pack in red case
  • 2 key cards
I've been fortunate enough to have had a few new company cars in the past, but I was far more excited to get this one. I've driven about 15 miles in it so far and wow! So easy to drive on one pedal, smooth and very quiet at low speeds. The acceleration is fantastic. In my opinion, it has more kick from a rolling 20mph than a standing start. The Autopilot took about 5 miles of driving on roads with a centre and side white line to calibrate itself.

I've ordered up mats for the boots, lifting pucks, USB adaptors and all the other usual bits from Amazon.

Now to take some time to understand how it all works! Looking forward to it ;)

I took delivery of a M3LR in white yesterday. This was ordered on 15th March. As it is a company lease, I think the comms were a little different than a purchase, but as plenty of people are saying on this thread, it is sporadic from Tesla. I didn't get the reg or VIN until yesterday morning from the lease company.
Delivery was via AnyVan from Tesla Leeds. They sent me a tracker that was spot on. It was delivered with 7 miles on the clock.
The car looks flawless from what I have seen and had about 230 miles charge. It was supplied with:
  • 2 cables - 3 pin adaptor to Type 2 (black and in a black case) and what looks like a Type 2 male to Type 2 female (blue and in a plastic pack)
  • 2 key cards
I've been fortunate enough to have had a few new company cars in the past, but I was far more excited to get this one. I've driven about 15 miles in it so far and wow! So easy to drive on one pedal, smooth and very quiet at low speeds. The acceleration is fantastic. In my opinion, it has more kick from a rolling 20mph than a standing start. The Autopilot took about 5 miles of driving on roads with a centre and side white line to calibrate itself.

I've ordered up mats for the boots, lifting pucks, USB adaptors and all the other usual bits from Amazon.

Congratulations and enjoy!

Reactions: Tinca
  • 2 key cards

Congrats and enjoy your Tesla.Just one tip that can help in your routine. When you set up your mobile phone as key (especially to lock) - set up for both your profile and easy entry. If you have set up easy entry the car automatically switches to it once you put the car in park. And if you think the mobile phone key will work to lock it won’t work if you do not set up this in easy entry. So set it up in both profile.

• Informative
  • 2 key cards

Nice! Very jealous! Which lease company did you use?