Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q2 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least they sell it…..

But out of stock 🤣

I honestly wouldn't bother. The tools you need to remove any locking wheel nuts are easily sourced from Halfords, etc. Their only benefit to them nowadays, I think, are psychological.
This!

A few cars back the "special adapter socket" broke... A set of Irwins was a great deal cheaper than a replacement socket or a set of locking wheel nuts - Have removed locking wheel nuts from every car since then. Never had a problem with theft and you can torque all your nuts up 😜

Taken delivery today and well worth the wait. Cannot find a single fault. Love the delivery tracking from Brent Cross too.
I had an M4 competition pack before this and it doesn’t come near the Tesla for build quality or the driving experience. Elon Musk has produced an affordable vehicle based on one of his space x rockets! For those still waiting, do not worry, you’ll be super pleased once it arrives.

Attachments

• A6CCF4AD-D68F-4560-B8BC-FEFFF6048818.jpeg
    A6CCF4AD-D68F-4560-B8BC-FEFFF6048818.jpeg
    982.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 574A51E0-A8A0-42D3-8830-9B54BE219D51.jpeg
    574A51E0-A8A0-42D3-8830-9B54BE219D51.jpeg
    990.8 KB · Views: 61
Taken delivery today and well worth the wait. Cannot find a single fault. Love the delivery tracking from Brent Cross too.
I had an M4 competition pack before this and it doesn’t come near the Tesla for build quality or the driving experience. Elon Musk has produced an affordable vehicle based on one of his space x rockets! For those still waiting, do not worry, you’ll be super pleased once it arrives.
Looks fantastic.

Looks awesome 👌👍

Driving normal about town and on motorways both cars feel very much the same. Throttle responses are miles apart. Stereo on both cars sounds as good as each other. Having driven a made in America car and now a made in China car again they are miles apart. The build quality of the made in China car is outstanding. I went over the car yesterday at blue water in great detail and couldn’t find a single fault !!!! Also the cab noise on the made in China car is a lot quieter. Inside the performance feels more luxurious and I’ve got not rattles or whines.
Good to hear, my biggest concern is build quality issues.

Reactions: Sunderland boy
Couldn't believe my luck, I was first delivery of the day according to the nice guy who brought it round just before 9am. Hilariously simple handover procedure - here's your keycards and a piece of paper, have fun mate! He did leave a big grubby black handprint on my inside door pillar though, which I've now managed to clean off.

These cars are incredible. The most intuitive and easy thing to drive and regen braking is just sublime - I thought it would take some getting used to but it seems second nature. The speed of the car is just insane, like crazy beyond usable fast. Going from 40 to 80mph takes a blink of the eye.

A few little things:

1. The WiFi connection is a bit flaky - I've got good coverage with Ubiquiti gear and it just doesn't like it, lots of disconnects. That might be my equipement though.
  2. My phone app went live at 6pm. Thank god for that, I kept putting the key card back in my wallet and forgetting each time.
  3. The web browser and things like that are painfully slow and primitive. Like some tablet from 10 years ago. Getting the usual bug trying to sign into YouTube and the normal workarounds aren't working.
  4. I've a few little scratches on the passenger side of the windscreen. Very annoying it's not perfect but I'm not sure where I stand with this, can they fix them without a screen replacement? Not sure I want to go through the hassle but it's annoying me it's not perfect.
  5. The UFO reversing sound is brilliant. Not to everyone's tastes but I love it. The car really is a spaceship.
  6. I tried a Spigen screen protector and it just fell right off. It wasn't adhesive at all?! Maybe it was a dud one.
  7. I cannot for the life of me get the bloody air con to blow directly at my face. It looks like it should be really simple but I can't feel it at any angle?
  8. Wow, these white seats are properly WHITE! Amazing though but gives me some worries.

The WiFi connection is a bit flaky - I've got good coverage with Ubiquiti gear and it just doesn't like it, lots of disconnects. That might be my equipement though.

If yiu are at either end of the channel spectrum, try a different channel. Many wifi issues have been resolved by tweaking the channel - iirc something about mismatch between UK and US channels. We moved from 1 to somewhere mid range, and whilst its still not full bars, it strong enough to resolve the issues we were having - often manifested itself by being unable to login and/or to wifi in a way that makes you incorrectly think the password was incorrect.