Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q2 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.....I cannot for the life of me get the bloody air con to blow directly at my face. It looks like it should be really simple but I can't feel it at any angle?
If both face and feet are selected then the vent seems quite weak. Try selecting face level vents only, turn the fan up high and then move the air flow via the screen to wherever you want. Once directed at your face, you can then revert to other settings as required.

If both face and feet are selected then the vent seems quite weak. Try selecting face level vents only, turn the fan up high and then move the air flow via the screen to wherever you want. Once directed at your face, you can then revert to other settings as required.
Sounds like a plan. I can't use logic when there's new car excitement involved.

Oh and just another one to add - the noise that it makes when you press the boot close button is very odd. It doesn't match up at all with any of the other Tesla noises and it's quite loud. Obviously not a problem in the slightest but every time I press it I think oh that's wierd.

Sounds like a plan. I can't use logic when there's new car excitement involved.

Oh and just another one to add - the noise that it makes when you press the boot close button is very odd. It doesn't match up at all with any of the other Tesla noises and it's quite loud. Obviously not a problem in the slightest but every time I press it I think oh that's wierd.
Can't help with that one I'm afraid - the only noise I might get when shutting my 2020 boot is a creak or click from my ageing elbows or wrists.

Reactions: PSmigg
Taken delivery today and well worth the wait. Cannot find a single fault. Love the delivery tracking from Brent Cross too.
I had an M4 competition pack before this and it doesn’t come near the Tesla for build quality or the driving experience. Elon Musk has produced an affordable vehicle based on one of his space x rockets! For those still waiting, do not worry, you’ll be super pleased once it arrives.
Same spec as mine, looks great mate!

Be great to hear from the people who never had test drive and ordered there cars blind ..there opinion of what they though if they've got a minute out of the car ?
I don’t think they will have the capacity to write in here after their first drive, their minds will be blown! I test drove the SR+ and LR but no performance, so I’m looking forward to having my neck muscles ripped off

Reactions: Peanut M3P
Be great to hear from the people who never had test drive and ordered there cars blind ..there opinion of what they though if they've got a minute out of the car ?
It’s the nicest car I’ve ever driven. The seats are so comfortable with a lovely small and chunky steering wheel. Regen braking is so intuitive I hardly ever reach for the brake pedal. It’s such an easy car to drive.

Then there’s the power. My god… it’s peel the skin off your face crazy. The electronic sound it makes when you hit go and everyone in the car braces as they’re flung back in their seat. It’s like a swear pedal as at least someone will swear when you hit it. But strangely, despite it being stupidly fast the thing seems so planted and secure on the road, like all the power is getting put down and it’s sticking to the tarmac like glue. Admittedly it’s bone dry at the moment.

I’ve been in lots of nice cars and they feel like really nice examples of current car technology. This feels like someone has given you a sneak preview of a car from 5 years in the future.

If you super charge your car before the App kicks in you will get the charge for free. For those picking up at collection points might be worth getting straight on to a charger and fill up. Mine full to the brim got me a range of 319 miles. Pretty close to what the American web site states is the range
Great advice, thanks for the tip although I’m getting mine delivered and my nearest supercharger is about 20 miles away, might be worth the trip though to get fully brimmed up. While on the subject of supercharging, does anyone know when your referral miles show up on your account? I haven’t seen any reference to my free miles since ordering with someone’s referral

If you super charge your car before the App kicks in you will get the charge for free. For those picking up at collection points might be worth getting straight on to a charger and fill up. Mine full to the brim got me a range of 319 miles. Pretty close to what the American web site states is the range
Can confirm this also. The charging was surprisingly expensive. Obviously nothing compared to a full tank of petrol but £12 for me to go from maybe halfway to 90%.

I didn’t even know this to be possible - here’s hoping they forget to flip my account switch for a few hours 😈
I’m going to consume way too much energy for the first few days anyway - efficiency won’t be in my vocabulary until I’ve played around like a child

I saw Carwow drifted theirs….😳😳😳

Reactions: Sunderland boy
It’s the nicest car I’ve ever driven. The seats are so comfortable with a lovely small and chunky steering wheel. Regen braking is so intuitive I hardly ever reach for the brake pedal. It’s such an easy car to drive.

Then there’s the power. My god… it’s peel the skin off your face crazy. The electronic sound it makes when you hit go and everyone in the car braces as they’re flung back in their seat. It’s like a swear pedal as at least someone will swear when you hit it. But strangely, despite it being stupidly fast the thing seems so planted and secure on the road, like all the power is getting put down and it’s sticking to the tarmac like glue. Admittedly it’s bone dry at the moment.

I’ve been in lots of nice cars and they feel like really nice examples of current car technology. This feels like someone has given you a sneak preview of a car from 5 years in the future.
Wow what an endorsement glad you happy with it

Collected my Black/White M3P yesterday from Birmingham NEC. No test drive beforehand so although I was expecting I'd be happy with the car based on the endless YouTube videos I've been watching over the last 6 months, I was completely blown away when I saw it in the flesh for the first time. No issues with build quality, paintwork all very good. Only minor issue was a small mark on the headlining which came out straight away using a baby wipe.

Staff were friendly and super helpful, no pressure whatsoever to get out of there. Even made up my private plates for me too! I couldn't stop driving the thing yesterday. I'm coming from a BMW 4 series and this has more than exceeded my expectations. The acceleration is simply insane...

Got a supercharge in at M1 J28 on the way back, 242kW which was seriously impressive. App went live a couple of hours after collection.

Only downside is I'm back at work today and over the weekend but I guess the weather favours that. No regrets whatsoever for me :)