Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q2 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator comment - post and follow ups moved from UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

Be great to hear from the people who never had test drive and ordered there cars blind ..there opinion of what they though if they've got a minute out of the car ?

Remind me - I’m expecting to be blown away

Had never driven a Tesla, let alone an M3P before mine arrived yesterday. All I can say is WOW!.

Any doubts I had regarding throttle management disappeared within minutes. Easy enough to drive slow and steady when required (without needing to touch the brake pedal) and easy enough to send your 👀 to the back of your head if, like me, you enjoy that sort of thing!

Mine arrived with 133 miles of range. I hadn't swapped to % at that point so don't know what that equates to, but looked to be in the region of 30 to 40% charge. External temp was around 18°C (unsure what battery temp was) and it simply flew!.

Couldn't be happier.....actually, well, I could as I'm working today and would rather be out in it!

Reactions: will_wonka
Great advice, thanks for the tip although I’m getting mine delivered and my nearest supercharger is about 20 miles away, might be worth the trip though to get fully brimmed up. While on the subject of supercharging, does anyone know when your referral miles show up on your account? I haven’t seen any reference to my free miles since ordering with someone’s referral
@Tesl@_MCS you can calibrate the cameras on the way 👌 👍

Reactions: Tesl@_MCS
Had never driven a Tesla, let alone an M3P before mine arrived yesterday. All I can say is WOW!.

Any doubts I had regarding throttle management disappeared within minutes. Easy enough to drive slow and steady when required (without needing to touch the brake pedal) and easy enough to send your 👀 to the back of your head if, like me, you enjoy that sort of thing!

Mine arrived with 133 miles of range. I hadn't swapped to % at that point so don't know what that equates to, but looked to be in the region of 30 to 40% charge. External temp was around 18°C (unsure what battery temp was) and it simply flew!.

Couldn't be happier.....actually, well, I could as I'm working today and would rather be out in it!
😂😂 sounds epic….can’t wait

I’ve taken a half day Tuesday but weather looking drab so I may have to restrain myself until it’s better 😎

Collected my Black/White M3P yesterday from Birmingham NEC. No test drive beforehand so although I was expecting I'd be happy with the car based on the endless YouTube videos I've been watching over the last 6 months, I was completely blown away when I saw it in the flesh for the first time. No issues with build quality, paintwork all very good. Only minor issue was a small mark on the headlining which came out straight away using a baby wipe.

Staff were friendly and super helpful, no pressure whatsoever to get out of there. Even made up my private plates for me too! I couldn't stop driving the thing yesterday. I'm coming from a BMW 4 series and this has more than exceeded my expectations. The acceleration is simply insane...

Got a supercharge in at M1 J28 on the way back, 242kW which was seriously impressive. App went live a couple of hours after collection.

Only downside is I'm back at work today and over the weekend but I guess the weather favours that. No regrets whatsoever for me :)
Same spec as the one I’m collecting a week today, enjoy! Any pics?

One web article I read said that the Lithium NMC batteries used by Tesla are for the Model 3 Long Range and Performance models, the Lithium Iron Phosphate are used on the lower performance M3. It commented that they are substantially cheaper. Another article suggested that China production cars had only LG or C Chem cells, Panasonic cells go to the USA.

Same spec as the one I’m collecting a week today, enjoy! Any pics?
Thanks, you'll love it! Here's a few from collection day
IMG_0663 copy.jpg
IMG_0664 copy.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0665.png
    IMG_0665.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0666.jpeg
    IMG_0666.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 43
Everyone meet Jezla!

M3Pa.jpg

Sorry it's just the one photo, but its lashing it down 😞 I'll post more over the weekend. First Impressions and info...

No passenger lumbar support, meh! As has already been confirmed by others it has PWS and heated steering wheel. Got the delivery update text from Anyvan @ 9:02 with tracking link, watched the car make its way down the M1 from Leeds in pretty much real-time! the handover process was brief, really brief, almost dismissive to be honest. The driver rocked up, unloaded, put the car on my drive, gave me the cards, said "thanks and enjoy" and then did one - presumably these guys are totally up against it in terms of the numbers they need to shift.

Anyway..... I cannot fault the quality of the car, had a good poke about and checked all of the usual areas of concern.... I'm happy to report a clean bill of health! The rain makes it a little tricky to properly inspect the paintwork, so will do this tomorrow when I detail it (have a shed full of G-Tech products, lined up and ready to go). The interior is clean for the most part, a bit of fettling required but no worrying scuffs or marks that I have seen yet. The white seats really are white - very happy with that choice.

Took it for a run out - drives superbly. My LR was quick (accel boost), but the P is bonkers and the difference is, I think, perceivable. Of course this could be confirmation bias 😉 , also I've been driving the Disco for the last 5 months so most things feel fast (not the Vauxhall Crossland I hired the other day, that couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding!) I'll have a proper go when the roads are dry.

SoC was 70%. No app access just yet. If anyone wants to know more just ask. For those of you still waiting, hang in there, its bloody brilliant!

Last edited:
Just picked mine up! I have to say the paint quality is really good, a slight blemish on the drivers side, above the wheel arch but that should polish out easy. Appeared in the app in minutes for me, soo many collections today and I saw a few heading off for delivery!

No passengers side lumbar support for me as well, but not fussed. Heated steering works very well.

Will spend some time later today going over the paint work, but overall super happy and glad to hear others are aswell!

89C49D21-524C-4D01-AC94-A02E5AF8D7F2.jpeg

@Tesl@_MCS you can calibrate the cameras on the way 👌 👍
Mine appeared in the App within mins of getting the key cards so no chance of supercharger visit for free ??!! My referral supercharger miles also appeared straight away in the loot box. Have had a good look over and tried most things and zero faults I could find 👍👍

Attachments

• 2E7DB6E0-F462-4162-A947-758BF62E6DD6.jpeg
    2E7DB6E0-F462-4162-A947-758BF62E6DD6.jpeg
    622.5 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: will_wonka