Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q2 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the general consensus on how picky we should be with the odd few marks and blemishes that are bound to be on there?

Mine on the whole is really good, panels are great etc and the paintwork looks good. However, there are some scratches on the passenger side of the windscreen. They’re not proper chips or cracks, but there’s like 3 marks that look like stones have hit it maybe on the back of the delivery lorry. On the whole they’re pretty minor so I’d feel a bit of a moaner telling Tesla about it but ignoring my Britishness, I’ve just paid £62k so maybe I should do?

What would they even do though? I’m pretty sure the only remedy would be a whole new windscreen so that’s quite drastic, so maybe it’ll be “within spec”.

Maybe I should just get on with it, but if it was say a new iPhone with any blemishes it would go straight back. Totally different things I guess though.

Also, it seems to be coming off but there’s like this covering of fine grit marks over the car. Maybe again due to delivery but it’s like covered in fine sand which I thought had scratched it but they’re coming away with a lot of elbow grease. I wonder what that’s from.
Don't be afraid to log a service call on it. I found them to be very accommodating with my issue.

Reactions: PSmigg
I picked mine up from Cribbs Causeway, Bristol: it was immaculate... then 30 seconds after signing for the car a seagull flew over and deposited a large amount of poop over it, mostly the screen and glass, fortunately. So before driving home I had to clean it....
Count yourself very lucky, until recently Tesla themselves were known to deposit a very thin film of poop all over the cars which then chipped and flaked off both before and after driving home.

• Funny
Reactions: MrBadger
What’s the general consensus on how picky we should be with the odd few marks and blemishes that are bound to be on there?

Mine on the whole is really good, panels are great etc and the paintwork looks good. However, there are some scratches on the passenger side of the windscreen. They’re not proper chips or cracks, but there’s like 3 marks that look like stones have hit it maybe on the back of the delivery lorry. On the whole they’re pretty minor so I’d feel a bit of a moaner telling Tesla about it but ignoring my Britishness, I’ve just paid £62k so maybe I should do?

What would they even do though? I’m pretty sure the only remedy would be a whole new windscreen so that’s quite drastic, so maybe it’ll be “within spec”.

Maybe I should just get on with it, but if it was say a new iPhone with any blemishes it would go straight back. Totally different things I guess though.

Also, it seems to be coming off but there’s like this covering of fine grit marks over the car. Maybe again due to delivery but it’s like covered in fine sand which I thought had scratched it but they’re coming away with a lot of elbow grease. I wonder what that’s from.
I'd say the fine covering of grit is likely to be environmental and accumulated whilst the car has been sat out in the open. Where I work (near a quarry) I get a fine layer of dust settle on the car after just a couple of days.

Maybe the thin glass scratches are as a result of them being cleaned with some of that grit still on the windscreen.

I'd say the fine covering of grit is likely to be environmental and accumulated whilst the car has been sat out in the open. Where I work (near a quarry) I get a fine layer of dust settle on the car after just a couple of days.

Maybe the thin glass scratches are as a result of them being cleaned with some of that grit still on the windscreen.
I get what you’re saying but in this case that’s not right. It’s deffo not just dust, it’s even in a spray type pattern. Feels like a gritter has gone past on a high setting.

The glass marks are more than just moving dirt round with a cloth, they’re almost call autoglass chip level. I’ve tried to take a photo but it doesn’t show well, I maybe need to hold up a dark piece of something behind it for the photo to come out.

Can I ask what % everyone is charging their battery to? The Tesla man at the SC said 85-90% and on other sites they re saying 100% ?
I was meaning to post the same question. I notice there is an arrow you can move to limit the charge and it does have a daily and trip section which splits at 90%. I have decided to limit it to 90% as I would like to have the range available when I need it.

Oh F#*#! That is my worst nightmare... how bad?
It’s fairly minor but it was so perfect - my blood pressure levels have come down slightly and I did take out tyre and wheel insurance so I can get it fixed but I’m still gutted and annoyed with myself for doing it as I pulled up onto a raised kerb parking area. Be very careful as the low profile tyres give zero protection to the rims!!

It’s fairly minor but it was so perfect - my blood pressure levels have come down slightly and I did take out tyre and wheel insurance so I can get it fixed but I’m still gutted and annoyed with myself for doing it as I pulled up onto a raised kerb parking area. Be very careful as the low profile tyres give zero protection to the rims!!
Sorry to hear that, but glad it's not just me! Managed to last nearly 3 weeks in my case (though the SC had it for 5 days of that ...). Same on the alloy insurance, still trying to sort that out, and decide if it is worth fixing yet or wait a while for when I do it again!

Reactions: M3Phil