Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news folks - Tesla have processed the refund for £90 wheel alignment I got done at kwik Fit.

I sent them the video that was posted on here - the manager at Glasgow (Dominika) was very helpful and shocked at the service.
picked up a M3P today and unfortunately have the same wonky steering issue, plus some vibration at motorway speeds. Other than that the car seems perfect so far.

I took delivery of my Red 3LR yesterday afternoon. The pickup was from the NEC just by Birmingham airport. It was signposted from just off the motorway, and the vast hanger is easy to find. I was an hour early, and that was no problem. A friendly Tesla rep guided two very excited people to the car and left us to it, saying, "call me if you have any questions". I had my downloaded checklist, and we worked our way through that.

The car had 123 miles of charge. Sufficient to get me home, but I stopped at the new services outside Rugby and plugged in there.

The only thing that came out of the inspection process was that Tesla had not provided the USB dongle for the cameras. The rep was called, and he found one and showed me how to format it.

Working through the menus, I got a few messages saying something like "premium connectivity" is not included. It would seem that until you have accepted the car and Tesla has ticked all of the boxes, connectivity will not activate. Once again, Jo, the rep, came over, and he signed the car over to me, and within five minutes, I was able to check the sound system and traffic info availability.

I would highly recommend a checklist for your collection. The car is initially overwhelming, and the menu system and all the multiple options are a handful.

On the drive home, the Autopilot quickly calibrated, and when finished, I double-clicked the Drive Lever and "bong" a warning message that Autopilot needs to be activated in the menu. I found the menu, and it says you must be stationary. Once stopped at Rugby services and all those sliders moved about, the AP worked flawlessly on the Motorway home.

Overall, a perfect day out.
Congratulation. Would you mind sharing the checklist I have collection in Nov

My VIn is 329 so I probably have a while to wait. I can’t get mine on the home WiFi tried parking in several places where I know there is a signal but nothing. Having to use phone hotspot.
Mine had loads of trouble connecting to wifi - kept dropping and switching to LTE and back - tried hotspot and even a long patch cable to put the AP in the driver seat! Took ages to download because of it. However wifi is now rock solid.

Picked up my LR today from Bluewater, very smooth handover, car had 47% SOC, drove it 10ft to the superchargers and had my first ever supercharger experience, all very easy and straightforward. One small issue about info from the Tesla guys there, one of them told me the key fob needs to be programmed to the car by a service centre, which turned out not to be true!

Overall I’m very happy with the car quality, only slight issues are the boot lid is out by 1-2mm on one side, which I’m not too worried about, you’d really have to be looking for it to notice. Also, as others have had recently, the steering wheel isn’t quite straight when the car is going straight, I might fix this myself, I did on my BMW 3 Series after BMW service centre was unable to get it right.

Then there’s the driving and functionality of the car, oh my word, it is incredible! So fast, great handling (coming from an X3 M40d), incredible infotainment, and great autopilot which I used on every stretch of motorway/dual carriageway back to Norwich and it didn’t miss a beat, no phantom braking, no getting close to other vehicles, no giving up on tight bends, it is far better than BMW’s full driving assistance on the X3, and actually makes me think I should have got EAP, I will be hoping for EAP subscription every day!

Here it is in complete vanilla form, before I put the aero cap kit, spoiler etc. on it:
F0EDDB9D-227B-4176-8E97-FA71DB0DDFD0.jpeg

Picked up my LR today from Bluewater, very smooth handover, car had 47% SOC, drove it 10ft to the superchargers and had my first ever supercharger experience, all very easy and straightforward. One small issue about info from the Tesla guys there, one of them told me the key fob needs to be programmed to the car by a service centre, which turned out not to be true!

Overall I’m very happy with the car quality, only slight issues are the boot lid is out by 1-2mm on one side, which I’m not too worried about, you’d really have to be looking for it to notice. Also, as others have had recently, the steering wheel isn’t quite straight when the car is going straight, I might fix this myself, I did on my BMW 3 Series after BMW service centre was unable to get it right.

Then there’s the driving and functionality of the car, oh my word, it is incredible! So fast, great handling (coming from an X3 M40d), incredible infotainment, and great autopilot which I used on every stretch of motorway/dual carriageway back to Norwich and it didn’t miss a beat, no phantom braking, no getting close to other vehicles, no giving up on tight bends, it is far better than BMW’s full driving assistance on the X3, and actually makes me think I should have got EAP, I will be hoping for EAP subscription every day!

Here it is in complete vanilla form, before I put the aero cap kit, spoiler etc. on it:View attachment 716401
Looks amazing mate! So happy for you that you've got your car finally.

So looks like you're having steering alignment issues too... DO NOT take it to Tesla!!!! Kwik Fit all the way!

Here it is in complete vanilla form, before I put the aero cap kit, spoiler etc. on it:View attachment 716401
Congrats! That red is growing on me more each day.

Collected my blue SR+ yesterday at Southampton. Very smooth process and car had 100% which was an added bonus. The referral miles were in the loot box in the app as well so cheap motoring for a few weeks ahead!

Only issue as some others have noted is the walk away lock feature being greyed out. Overall just very impressed at the whole process and the car which is such a revelation.

IMG_8196.JPEG

Reactions: Abcmsaj and teaston
Collected my blue SR+ yesterday at Southampton. Very smooth process and car had 100% which was an added bonus. The referral miles were in the loot box in the app as well so cheap motoring for a few weeks ahead!

Only issue as some others have noted is the walk away lock feature being greyed out. Overall just very impressed at the whole process and the car which is such a revelation.

View attachment 716633
Have you edited the name of your phone once it has been set up. This was what I had to do.

Okay so car is a week old and still no object visualization on the screen or cruise control/auto pilot available . We have done nearly 200 miles now and done a re collaboration on the cameras as advised by Tesla. The icon is taking forever to turn fully blue.

Has anyone else had this?

Okay so car is a week old and still no object visualization on the screen or cruise control/auto pilot available . We have done nearly 200 miles now and done a re collaboration on the cameras as advised by Tesla. The icon is taking forever to turn fully blue.

Has anyone else had this?
Mine was done in just a few minutes after picking up. It did primarily involve driving in a straight line up the M1 for n very light traffic not sure if that makes it any easier for the process.