Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my blue/black M3LR for nearly one week. Collected it last Saturday from Glasgow.
Extremely simple process. Showed them driving licence, signed the iPad and they left me to it.
Only problem, when I got to the car it would not unlock, so there I am standing there like a right numpty, wondering if I am doing it right :oops:....I did watch the videos and read the manual...honest. They had given me the wrong key!! Easily resolved 😌

On inspection there were no excessive gaps or paint issues all good and 83% charge.

I opted for the EAP and only really tested the NoA to any extent today travelling back to Fife from Edinburgh and it worked as expected, indicating and turning off the M90 at the correct junction. Still to try the automatic parking and the summon.
All is good. Enjoying every minute. One helluva fast car. Though I got AB added to my insurance and plan to upgrade in the near future and will check it out over the 48 hours to see if I keep it or not.

IMG_2564.JPG

Thanks. I don't know were you are located, but I don't see too many M3's in Fife, but there are certainly more in the city
Couple of months ago, I was stuck for a couple hours on the M1 southbound (big pile up), somewhere outside Leicester if I remember correctly.

Anyway, as I was sitting bored out of my mind watching the lucky travellers travelling northbound, I remember seeing a different Model 3 go past every 5-10 minutes, was quite shocked

Everyone in here seems to be getting either black or white. I went for midnight silver but everytime I see a black it makes me question my choice... Someone help ease my mind. Pick up on the 25th and the wait is killing me lol
I'm the same. Couldn't decide between black and silver but decided against the black as its a solid colour and perhaps more likely to show the inevitable small scratches etc.

Reactions: Tashou17
Couple of months ago, I was stuck for a couple hours on the M1 southbound (big pile up), somewhere outside Leicester if I remember correctly.

Anyway, as I was sitting bored out of my mind watching the lucky travellers travelling northbound, I remember seeing a different Model 3 go past every 5-10 minutes, was quite shocked
I've noticed a similar thing in some areas. Quite surprising how many of them are on the road now, made me a bit unsure if I wanted one anymore but there really hasn't been any other car that I've REALLY wanted. Only other car that I think would have considered would have been the Polestar 2 but didn't really grab me the way the Model 3 has.

I have had my blue/black M3LR for nearly one week. Collected it last Saturday from Glasgow.
Extremely simple process. Showed them driving licence, signed the iPad and they left me to it.
Only problem, when I got to the car it would not unlock, so there I am standing there like a right numpty, wondering if I am doing it right :oops:....I did watch the videos and read the manual...honest. They had given me the wrong key!! Easily resolved 😌

On inspection there were no excessive gaps or paint issues all good and 83% charge.

I opted for the EAP and only really tested the NoA to any extent today travelling back to Fife from Edinburgh and it worked as expected, indicating and turning off the M90 at the correct junction. Still to try the automatic parking and the summon.
All is good. Enjoying every minute. One helluva fast car. Though I got AB added to my insurance and plan to upgrade in the near future and will check it out over the 48 hours to see if I keep it or not.

View attachment 707645
Been sat watching and reading this forum ever since I ordered my M3LR end of July, exactly the same as yours and after seeing your photo I'm now even more eager to collect next week 🙈 Love it! Enjoy

Reactions: Tomb300