Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That looks stunning
6AFFA0D6-604A-4E16-B85E-FF920FA435DA.jpeg
can’t stop looking out the window at it!! Haha

Not even joking, I’m absolutely gutted about the wheel dent. Not even seen it yet. Does anyone know if a dent can be properly repaired and/or does anyone know if you can actually buy just 1 new alloy from Tesla? I’ve been looking online for the last hour and cannot find a thing!! 😭😩😡

Not even joking, I’m absolutely gutted about the wheel dent. Not even seen it yet. Does anyone know if a dent can be properly repaired and/or does anyone know if you can actually buy just 1 new alloy from Tesla? I’ve been looking online for the last hour and cannot find a thing!! 😭😩😡
What style of wheel is it? Tesla sell the wheels, but they’re expensive. I called them up enquiring about the 19” sport wheels and they wanted £590 per wheel!

Reactions: NJR46
Uh oh.. really?? There is nothing in the law that states they are illegal..yet!

In other news just had a text from Tesla!
Tesla Update - Your Model 3 Long Range in Solid Black with All Black Premium Interior and 18" Aero Wheels is nearly here! To prepare for delivery day, please view our support videos online: Meet Your Tesla. Your order reference is RN*********. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

I wonder where my car is!

They’re not legal. One of the number plate standards is how rigid they are (no idea why). So stickers will never pass.

I was thinking about taking the stupid bulky plastic housings/frames off the car and just tacking them straight to the car with some double sided sponge tape - which seems to be the norm now anyway.

I assume this will bend the front plate a bit as there is a slight curve on the M3's nose, but I thought that would be fine with a 'normal' style plate. At least it will then fit the lines of the car instead of looking like a brick slapped on the nose, looks awful.

I did the same thing with my Golf R as they had grotesque plastic frames too. Used normal plates, although they screwed the original plastic frames to the car, so I drilled the plates and just used the same holes. The replacement places came with black, yellow and white screw caps so when they were on you couldn't see the screws. Was all neat and proper!

I was thinking about taking the stupid bulky plastic housings/frames off the car and just tacking them straight to the car with some double sided sponge tape - which seems to be the norm now anyway.

I assume this will bend the front plate a bit as there is a slight curve on the M3's nose, but I thought that would be fine with a 'normal' style plate. At least it will then fit the lines of the car instead of looking like a brick slapped on the nose, looks awful.

I did the same thing with my Golf R as they had grotesque plastic frames too. Used normal plates, although they screwed the original plastic frames to the car, so I drilled the plates and just used the same holes. The replacement places came with black, yellow and white screw caps so when they were on you couldn't see the screws. Was all neat and proper!
The way the front bumper is shaped, you might struggle to get a plate to stick to the front bumper. I've taken the surrounds of both the front and back plates, drilled them and then screwed them to the rear mounts only. Looks better, obviously not as good as vinyl but legal. I did try number plate pads on the front but it kept peeling at the edges where it curved and I didn't want to risk the plate coming of and going under the car so screwed them on.

Attachments

• 3682836D-898A-47D9-8806-8E53F0C539AF.jpeg
    3682836D-898A-47D9-8806-8E53F0C539AF.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 3F86700D-7E67-411B-A3E0-2186C05652C1.jpeg
    3F86700D-7E67-411B-A3E0-2186C05652C1.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 41

I wouldn't bother. In a few months you may well have a matching set o_O Its one of those things that seems to be a regular occurrence.

• Funny
Reactions: NJR46 and Erol