Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, it’s not quite as horrendous as I was expecting.

A 5p size chunk of alloy is missing and scrape around the rim about 7cm long. My wife had already painted over it!! 🙄 it looks likely it can be repaired, or at least made to look almost normal again. 🤞
oh no... fingers crossed it can be repaired...

with a "P" on the way here too, I'm starting to worry about this myself... might have a look at alloy wheel insurance?

Reactions: NJR46
It may be me but I feel the Tesla 3 does not appear to go round the corners like my previous cars I get the impression that the back wheels tend to cut the corners slightly which can lead to curbing especially on kinks sharp angles to the road till you get a feel for how it behaves.
The wheelbase is quite long for the length of the overall vehicle, with quite a short rear overhang (rear wheels are close to the rear of the vehicle), but I think the main difference is the very short lock-to-lock steering - only 2 turns, where most vehicles are 2.5 to 3. You can turn in too much and clip the kerbs if you aren't careful.

The wheelbase is quite long for the length of the overall vehicle, with quite a short rear overhang (rear wheels are close to the rear of the vehicle), but I think the main difference is the very short lock-to-lock steering - only 2 turns, where most vehicles are 2.5 to 3. You can turn in too much and clip the kerbs if you aren't careful.
the way the tyres are stretched over the wider uberturbines also means that the alloys are sitting "proud" too. 20s are pretty bad as it is as you have very little sidewall and this is worse
1631733929519.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Seeds369
The way the front bumper is shaped, you might struggle to get a plate to stick to the front bumper. I've taken the surrounds of both the front and back plates, drilled them and then screwed them to the rear mounts only. Looks better, obviously not as good as vinyl but legal. I did try number plate pads on the front but it kept peeling at the edges where it curved and I didn't want to risk the plate coming of and going under the car so screwed them on.
Looks great 👍🏻

Reactions: moodel_tree
It may be me but I feel the Tesla 3 does not appear to go round the corners like my previous cars I get the impression that the back wheels tend to cut the corners slightly which can lead to curbing especially on kinks sharp angles to the road till you get a feel for how it behaves.
👆🏽 Exactly how this happened. That crunch sound is haunting me 😂

• Funny
Reactions: NJR46
If you bought it yesterday wnd claimed the same day, I think they may have been suspicious lol
Ha ha yes, most likely.

Here is the photo. Probably doesn’t look as bad as it is as my wife thought she’d try and soften the blow by painting it with some model paint she found in the cupboard! 🙄

Attachments

• 7B9B8F1B-2624-4DCD-B7BF-495AA78CE23C.jpeg
    7B9B8F1B-2624-4DCD-B7BF-495AA78CE23C.jpeg
    432.7 KB · Views: 61
The way the front bumper is shaped, you might struggle to get a plate to stick to the front bumper. I've taken the surrounds of both the front and back plates, drilled them and then screwed them to the rear mounts only. Looks better, obviously not as good as vinyl but legal. I did try number plate pads on the front but it kept peeling at the edges where it curved and I didn't want to risk the plate coming of and going under the car so screwed them on.

Thanks for the update with pictures, that looks sooooooo much better than the original. Glad it is possible to do! I will follow in your footsteps I think haha