Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw another Tesla which had something like those rim bladed fitted. Looks like they had (I assume recently) hit a kerb and they were not in the best of shape - it wouldn't have taken much to start whipping the wheel arch if they had not already done it.

Sorry, crap photo, but the protector had split away from the rim as per arrow and I remember, doesn't show in the picture, the rim seemed to have either split in two or was fitted in multiple parts and that one 'end' was flapping free.

1631864718994.png

Last edited:
I picked up my Tesla M3LR white from the Glasgow delivery centre on Monday.

It was flawless. It was charging up at the destination charger, and by the time I completed my checks and drove off, it was charged upto 86%. Maybe a tiny level of dust was settled on the bodywork, but only noticable if you start rubbing your finger here and there. Panels all perfectly lined up.

Journey home to Aberdeenshire was almost faultless. I found that BBC Radio Scotland (DAB) reception died at Stonehaven on the A90. It seems like this radio station is treated like a regional radio station in DAB and you have to retune it for different parts of Scotland. My old car had this problem. It's annoying.

However two days later I did my 2nd journey. That showed up a new problem. The Wiper Washers which worked on the 1st journey, no longer worked. The blades operate fine when you press and hold the wiper button, but there's no motor noise and no fluid dispensed. Checked for empty reserviour (now overflowing), rebooted system. No dice. There was a puddle underneath the car, so the SA said that's a service appointment to reconnect a hose. Not looking forward to that kind of faff.

However two days later I did my 2nd journey. That showed up a new problem. The Wiper Washers which worked on the 1st journey, no longer worked. The blades operate fine when you press and hold the wiper button, but there's no motor noise and no fluid dispensed. Checked for empty reserviour (now overflowing), rebooted system. No dice. There was a puddle underneath the car, so the SA said that's a service appointment to reconnect a hose. Not looking forward to that kind of faff.
Silly Me!

The only problem with the car exists between the drivers seat and the steering wheel!

If you press and hold the wiper button, the wipers operate continuously.

The manual does not describe this however. It describes a single wipe, or.....

"fully press and hold the button ....... to spray washer fluid"

So one notch down for a single wipe/ hold one notch down for continuous.
Two notches down for washing the windscreen.

All good now. My car is flawless!

Silly Me!

The only problem with the car exists between the drivers seat and the steering wheel!

If you press and hold the wiper button, the wipers operate continuously.

The manual does not describe this however. It describes a single wipe, or.....

"fully press and hold the button ....... to spray washer fluid"

So one notch down for a single wipe/ hold one notch down for continuous.
Two notches down for washing the windscreen.

All good now. My car is flawless!
Yup, same happened to me. I guess my brain is programmed with how previous cars worked where a press of the stalk button caused the window washers to activate. You have to press it firm to get it to work.

Reactions: moodel_tree
I saw another Tesla which had something like those rim bladed fitted. Looks like they had (I assume recently) hit a kerb and they were not in the best of shape - it wouldn't have taken much to start whipping the wheel arch if they had not already done it.

Sorry, crap photo, but the protector had split away from the rim as per arrow and I remember, doesn't show in the picture, the rim seemed to have either split in two or was fitted in multiple parts and that one 'end' was flapping free.

View attachment 710429
I phoned up my usual tyre/wheel company to get a price for rim protectors and they informed me they had discontinued selling/fitting them due to the protectors interfering with the wheel/tyre sealing area causing slow puncture's. It looks like I will just have to be extra careful near curbs :)

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
I picked up my Tesla M3LR white from the Glasgow delivery centre on Monday.

It was flawless. It was charging up at the destination charger, and by the time I completed my checks and drove off, it was charged upto 86%. Maybe a tiny level of dust was settled on the bodywork, but only noticable if you start rubbing your finger here and there. Panels all perfectly lined up.

Journey home to Aberdeenshire was almost faultless. I found that BBC Radio Scotland (DAB) reception died at Stonehaven on the A90. It seems like this radio station is treated like a regional radio station in DAB and you have to retune it for different parts of Scotland. My old car had this problem. It's annoying.

Regarding the radio it's worth tuning a favourite for the FM version of your chosen channels as well as for the DAB version. This makes it swap to the FM option pretty seamlessly if/when it loses DAB reception.

The washer tubing is the same as any other car. Take a look on Youtube but you can remove the plastic surround under the bonnet without damage and access some of the tubing quite easily. You may save yourself a SC visit if you can spot the break and just push it together yourself.

My week old car in to get ceramic coated

detailer says the paint is terrible for a car with 270 miles!

send me a report of the paint thickness all over the car, all within tolerance but so many variations

photos completed to follow
I hope this isn't an issue with the latest batches that have just arrived!

Watched one of RV Symons videos who inspected the MiC M3 paintwork and he took it to a detailer who said the paint work had greatly improved over the Fremont vehicles, and compared it to the likes of BMW and Mercedes

Reactions: moodel_tree
I hope this isn't an issue with the latest batches that have just arrived!

Watched one of RV Symons videos who inspected the MiC M3 paintwork and he took it to a detailer who said the paint work had greatly improved over the Fremont vehicles, and compared it to the likes of BMW and Mercedes
He said it was bad and sent a video of the other half of the bonnet corrected and it’s night and day tbh

Damn, that sucks. What colour do you have? My car is booked in for the end of the month for its ceramic coat. I have white and I've read the Fremont ones would often have pretty bad mismatched panels. Hoping this won't be the case though.
The worst colour Black! But hopefully this will all be sorted tomorrow

the paint thickness is acceptable and the panel gaps perfect

will update tomorrow with the shiny new finish

The worst colour Black! But hopefully this will all be sorted tomorrow

the paint thickness is acceptable and the panel gaps perfect

will update tomorrow with the shiny new finish
Don't forget the before photos for comparison.

It's going to look absolutely mint when it's done. The way a black car reflects in low light and in the night...thing of beauty