Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator comment - please keep this thread on topic for delivery and collection experiences only

If you have a post delivery/collection question, please search for an existing thread to see if its already been discussed (its highly likely that it has been) and if non the wiser, use a similar existing thread or start a new one with a descriptive title.

Last edited:
Really easy experience at the NEC. Got there at 8:30 and they were ready. Signed the paperwork and sat in the car to sort my insurance. Looks 100% but a poor clean done so after my charge shortly I’ll be giving it a good clean if the weather holds up. Had 7 miles on the clock. Software update immediately available which is applying now. Autopilot all configured after 10 mins on the m42.

I assume if you have been given a window then the delivery is 'live'
You would think so, but a chap a few pages prior had a cancellation on the morning of delivery due to no fuel. I have chased this morning and it's still on for delivery today though. The adviser did say a delivery last night was at 11.10pm due to the drive being delayed all day having to wait for fuel.

I would say to anyone in a position to collect an order that is down for delivery to contact Tesla to do so, as apparently it's very touch and go on deliveries until things improve, down to the individual locations and drivers even.

Reactions: moodel_tree
You would think so, but a chap a few pages prior had a cancellation on the morning of delivery due to no fuel. I have chased this morning and it's still on for delivery today though. The adviser did say a delivery last night was at 11.10pm due to the drive being delayed all day having to wait for fuel.

I would say to anyone in a position to collect an order that is down for delivery to contact Tesla to do so, as apparently it's very touch and go on deliveries until things improve, down to the individual locations and drivers even.
Fingers crossed for my own delivery, tomorrow....

Reactions: Seeds369
Good news folks - Tesla have processed the refund for £90 wheel alignment I got done at kwik Fit.

I sent them the video that was posted on here - the manager at Glasgow (Dominika) was very helpful and shocked at the service.
Not bad - some response from Tesla after all your hardships. Will be very helpful if you kindly tweet/forward Tesla's apology and refund message to Elon's team.

Reactions: mosraza
So today was collection day for myself!

Finding the collection site in Southampton port was easy enough. Not great signposts but my Uber knew where to go (maybe not the first person collecting lol).

I spotted my car at the front in the tent before going to speak to the Tesla people. Whole process was very easy as others have mentioned. Couple of minutes to check the driver's license and off we went to have a look at the car. Keycards were inside the car, they left me there to inspect it and ask any questions that I had. I noticed some glue remains on the passenger side pillar which they came and wiped away but other than that, perfect condition and couldn't find any faults. The MIC cars are really proving to be better quality overall.

Anyways after thorough inspection, just went back to put my signature on a mobile device and that was it. I restarted my Tesla app on the phone there and then and the car popped up. What I found interesting was that a software update came immediately at the same time. So I drove home (car only had 110 miles range) and stopped at a SuC along the way before connecting to Wi-Fi and doing the update to 2021.32.21. All in all a pleasant experience and now to get it detailed on Friday. Accessories are already in place :cool:

The wait was really worth it.

Attachments

• 20210928_102527.jpg
    20210928_102527.jpg
    653.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 20210928_101608.jpg
    20210928_101608.jpg
    478.9 KB · Views: 48
So today was collection day for myself!

Finding the collection site in Southampton port was easy enough. Not great signposts but my Uber knew where to go (maybe not the first person collecting lol).

I spotted my car at the front in the tent before going to speak to the Tesla people. Whole process was very easy as others have mentioned. Couple of minutes to check the driver's license and off we went to have a look at the car. Keycards were inside the car, they left me there to inspect it and ask any questions that I had. I noticed some glue remains on the passenger side pillar which they came and wiped away but other than that, perfect condition and couldn't find any faults. The MIC cars are really proving to be better quality overall.

Anyways after thorough inspection, just went back to put my signature on a mobile device and that was it. I restarted my Tesla app on the phone there and then and the car popped up. What I found interesting was that a software update came immediately at the same time. So I drove home (car only had 110 miles range) and stopped at a SuC along the way before connecting to Wi-Fi and doing the update to 2021.32.21. All in all a pleasant experience and now to get it detailed on Friday. Accessories are already in place :cool:

The wait was really worth it.

Glad you had a good time!

I thought I could see my blue LR, but its a couple of digits off on the end character! It must be there somewhere!

I will need to charge on the way home, hopefully will be easy!

That chap was myself - I had to go get it, with only one single appointment available , if I didnt leave within 10 mins. wouldn't have got there!

Did you get your lovely car in the end?
After seeing how my "delivery date" was in the end, I now realise why people go radio silence on the day.

Moderator comment - please keep this thread on topic for delivery and collection experiences only

If you have a post delivery/collection question, please search for an existing thread to see if its already been discussed (its highly likely that it has been) and if non the wiser, use a similar existing thread or start a new one with a descriptive title.

Moderator comment - Off topic posts may be deleted or moved without warning, including retrospectively.

Please respect others looking for collection/delivery experiences by following the guidance above.

Last edited:
Picked up from Manchester this morning, they’re running a pretty slick operation and was quite surprised how fast it was. 2 minute interaction with a sales assistant who checked my driving license against a database then keycards handed over and pointed in the right direction. Only 26% charge so had my first Supercharger experience sooner than expected but all good.