Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, picked up mine yesterday from Thorpe Park - main car park. You aren't given much info apart from just turn up, so thought would add here.

You think you're missing something as it's all too easy. But it is also a learning curve, particularly as think am missing something.

Was literally 5 mins in a constructed temp tent, they hand over the card and that's it. You then go over to another section and see your car in a covered area. No one was there, did a quick check as freezing. Even if there was something small wrong, they tell you to call Tesla. You can see all the other Teslas in the car park, there's heaps.

Trade in: They didn't really care that I only had one key, and didn't check the car. Let me get the new car and take it over to the old one to empty
Then off!

Driving is relatively straight forward - mainly getting used to the lever from parking, finding reverse. Best think is not needing to use the break as it does this by releasing the accelerator.

Charge: had about 120 miles. Charger in the frunk - had to find it in the cold, so if you don't know...
Have charged it on the lamp post outside my house, but to 100%, have now seen recommends to 90% (eek)

Docs to sort: London
Insurance - done
Resident Parking Permit renewal (opt - Westminster give you 6 weeks temp permit)
DVLA might take a while to reg car and get it registered and the V5 doc
Congestion charge (opt) - think because not registered I still need to pay until they recognise the car.

Not sure if I'm forgetting anything or doing this new Tesla experience right, just finding my way... let me know if anything missed.
Are there any directions where you should park trade-in car? Thanks.

Just been told by CS service request that my SR won't get the update for heated wheel because it does not have the ability to be upgraded to have those features.

Despite what they said before hand. Fellow SR owners without heated wheels yet maybe disappointed.

Last edited:
Just been told by CS service request that my SR won't get the update for heated wheel because it does not have the ability to be upgraded to have those features.

Despite what they said before hand. Fellow SR owners without heated wheels yet maybe disappointed.
Going to be interesting to see how this works out; I’ll post what I find on mine when I pick it up next week. That message from CS seems to imply that some cars don’t have the hardware??

Well that's bs as you can pay to enable it in the app.

Tesla pulling a fast one here by the sound of it

Reactions: Limey
D347AEB4-0805-4986-88FF-F213EE362112.jpeg
So currently in Bluewater charging my M3LR had 50% but boosting a bit before I leave. Collection was super easy, quick check of driving licence and away I went, car all good paint perfect no glaringly obvious panel Issues. There are so many teslas here! They are getting 12 transporter loads a day and have another 4 weeks of this apparently.

Attachments

• 7C865D15-F348-42D5-9B13-D7417EAA9ACD.jpeg
    7C865D15-F348-42D5-9B13-D7417EAA9ACD.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 0EF50E7D-C4E3-44B1-9D93-CE7B8E8465DF.jpeg
    0EF50E7D-C4E3-44B1-9D93-CE7B8E8465DF.jpeg
    467.3 KB · Views: 46
  • D37645B1-776E-4CE2-8700-3B4753BD3EB4.jpeg
    D37645B1-776E-4CE2-8700-3B4753BD3EB4.jpeg
    470.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 412E3B07-480A-4CEB-93B9-6418C6278C6B.jpeg
    412E3B07-480A-4CEB-93B9-6418C6278C6B.jpeg
    523.3 KB · Views: 46
  • E6AB76E2-2F65-4DBE-8A8C-DBA61794972C.jpeg
    E6AB76E2-2F65-4DBE-8A8C-DBA61794972C.jpeg
    400 KB · Views: 48
  • 6CA79025-5F1D-4B16-AB01-AFEE694F3FF3.jpeg
    6CA79025-5F1D-4B16-AB01-AFEE694F3FF3.jpeg
    410 KB · Views: 57
Really enjoying the pictures folks - particularly like seeing the rows of Teslas at Thorpe Park and playing spot the number plate.

Do get the feeling that the UK roads are going to be awash with Model 3s
I was thinking this, how can they not be right. I almost always see a tesla model 3 now on most drives. Thats before Q4 deliveries, and so I expect to see a mark up in the coming weeks - then probably will remain like that until late Q1.

Reactions: LeSloth
I was thinking this, how can they not be right. I almost always see a tesla model 3 now on most drives. Thats before Q4 deliveries, and so I expect to see a mark up in the coming weeks - then probably will remain like that until late Q1.
I was also thinking the sheer volume of people that order Model 3s and dont join forums. They must all have severe headaches.

• Funny
Reactions: LeSloth
Reactions: MaxCupR

Bloody hell, i mean this would make sense. With people having received the update within about 8 hours or not receive it at all so far. It doesnt seem to come on for people from an update but more just the app refreshing and it being there suddenly. Cant even really moan because it wasnt meant to have it, just frustrating some do and some dont... also frustrating customer service just flat out say everyone will get it in an update.