Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you only have 3 pin, then you can simply change cells H7 to M7 from "=H4/7/$G$4" to "=H4/3/$G$4"

I might update it to have charge rate as a variable item.

Correct, you will need to add the standing charge. I have assumed they are all the same, but this is easy to add.

Based on this, my monthly cost without any EV at the moment on my current rate is £63. Moving over to Octopus Go at 25p without an EV is £75.

£12 more + the EV £2-4 per week (£16 more)

VS £14 per week cost of charging at higher rate

Aint worth even debating until I'm required to do 200 miles a week+ or Octopus reduce their costs drastically.

You make a valid point. Only thing I will say is that we're only talking 5-10% loss every trip - thats roughly 7KW, so it wont be charging all day every day when the car recoups that amount back, it will stop charging - so leaving a kettle on for 2-3 hours perhaps - few quid a day.

Bear in mind I'm coming from a gas guzzler of £100 per week. I'll take £14 any day of the week!
How on earth were you spending £100 a week on fuel doing only 20 miles a day!?

Based on your usage the EV tariff paired with a battery actually sounds ideal, a hot-tub powered via battery charged from cheap overnight rate would likely save you a bundle. Obviously an investment up front, but surely would save you a lot over the long-term?

Anyway, back on topic - after delivery yesterday my car has had a bit of a charge on the home Hypervolt, I used the app last night to set capped charge of 80% and for cabin to be preheated for the school run. Happy to report all worked flawlessly - this car is amazing!

How on earth were you spending £100 a week on fuel doing only 20 miles a day!?

Based on your usage the EV tariff paired with a battery actually sounds ideal, a hot-tub powered via battery charged from cheap overnight rate would likely save you a bundle. Obviously an investment up front, but surely would save you a lot over the long-term?

Anyway, back on topic - after delivery yesterday my car has had a bit of a charge on the home Hypervolt, I used the app last night to set capped charge of 80% and for cabin to be preheated for the school run. Happy to report all worked flawlessly - this car is amazing!

Is actually 40 miles a day, I messed up. V6 3l SQ5. You're right, taken this well of topic, Jon, would love to know the investment for Batt and solar. PM if you get a chance

Just log her in with your account. You can then assign her phone to a different driver profile. Alternatively if you don't want to trust her with your password you can email your lease company and ask them to add an additional driver account I believe.
Thanks, it didn’t occur to me that you may be able to allocate different profiles to different phones like that. Unfortunately Lex are not the most responsive…..

Based on this, my monthly cost without any EV at the moment on my current rate is £63. Moving over to Octopus Go at 25p without an EV is £75.

£12 more + the EV £2-4 per week (£16 more)

VS £14 per week cost of charging at higher rate

Aint worth even debating until I'm required to do 200 miles a week+ or Octopus reduce their costs drastically.
I’m confused by this

Are you not saying you would pay £75+£16 total £91/month on octopus go

Or £63+(14*4.3 = £60.20) total £123/month without it?

Yea I would imagine that's the case as 5G doesn't travel as far as 2G does. See if you can get a WiFi extender nearer the car?
I’m sure I heard somewhere that the wifi antenna for the car is toward the front somewhere which might explain the signal issue when backed on to drive.

I’m gonna get another mesh unit to put in the garage and hope that works. I don’t get any cellular where I am so entirely reliant on wifi.

Can happily report I am now motoring in "British English" (in my chinese built American car).

Seems to want to download a map update now, not sure it managed before the wife nipped out lunchtime, will have to look at the WiFi to see how much data is chewing (not that its capped) but it does seem quite talkative.

Reactions: Richard^B
image.jpg
BCFEC5F6-6119-4C4E-806D-FE29E29043DF.jpeg
Another smooth pick up from Bristol earlier today. MSM LR with no issues at all. Gaps and build seem as good as my prior BMWs. Also used TACC for the 50 mile drive home and zero issues. So far so good.

Has any SR+ owner had their heated rears/steering wheel activated besides the one guy way earlier on?

I'm 6 days on from delivery and nothing, although I did have a problem with the dashcam not recording as soon as my car was in park, something which was caused by the car not being correctly marked as "delivered" on Tesla's back end which I wonder might be related to why I/others haven't gotten the upgrade yet.

delivery day today (i hope)

no text from Tesla with tracking yet. but apparently quite a few are just getting delivered without a text from tesla. Its dark here so can't see me inspecting it at all. Currently bouncing off the walls and staring out the window every 10 mins 😅

anyone else had a delivery late? apparently they deliver up to 8pm?

EDIT: Just got the tracking text - its arriving at 9pm 😢

Last edited:
Picked up today from bluewater, no issues with the car everything was there and didn’t have any paint problems

That's the one I used

What a load of rubbish this turned out to be!
The pick up area was ground floor on a multi-storey car park so there was little signal, the app failed to work without internet so in the end I just looked around and checked stuff by memory.

It’s a list…. That’s all it does, why does it need internet? They need to invest in it working offline.
For anyone planning to use this please don’t rely on it, have a back up

Reactions: Leejmoff
@Oxstock - I am too good for you.

Here is a bespoke sheet just for you: >LINK< (now includes a selectable charge rate and daily standing charge costs)

TLDR:

• Your current tariff will cost you £33.37 per month to charge your car
  • Moving to OGo will reduce your car charging costs to only £7.88 per month, whilst only increasing your house electricity costs by about 50p per month
  • This means your costs reduce from £105 per month, to £79 per month
  • Installing a 7 KWh charger doesn't make a single penny to your monthly costs. This is because your mileage is so low that you can always recover your charge rate using a 3 pin plug within the night EV rate schedule.
None of this has anything to do with collection and delivery experience (sorry mods).

What a load of rubbish this turned out to be!
The pick up area was ground floor on a multi-storey car park so there was little signal, the app failed to work without internet so in the end I just looked around and checked stuff by memory.

It’s a list…. That’s all it does, why does it need internet? They need to invest in it working offline.
For anyone planning to use this please don’t rely on it, have a back up

Because its not an App, it's a website :)