Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slots at 2pm, was going for 12.30 to be a chancer but now might rock up at 1 given what you said. I’ll grab a bite to eat if they flare up.
Ah sorry I thought you were picking up same day/time as me. Ah well enjoy anyway. If you want to charge up before leaving, exit the yellow car park, turn left, then enter back in 50 yards on left. Basically a circle.

Picked up from Thorpe Park 11am. Model 3’s as far as the eye can see.
Pertinent points:
  • Painless exercise as others have pointed out.
  • Missing wireless charging and front USB ports :/. Scheduled to have them fitted 18th (earliest I could choose was Tuesday but it’s having ceramic coat fitted next week). That’s assuming they have them in stock to fit!
  • 4 miles on odometer.
  • Everything on checklist fine other than a tiny scratch/rough bumper trim inside the front bumper - I’m sure my detailer can get that out.
  • 40% charge
2695C5A3-DA90-41FE-8266-08C68F903E02.jpeg

E57AC644-DEC8-48F7-B8F9-800FCDAB68D0.jpeg

64A8F563-9C97-4DC5-B69B-512C6A85ABCD.jpeg

7335EA75-101F-46F7-9E30-5EBDE6FF70C8.jpeg

DE373101-A0C0-44A0-9AFA-FB7D4E3183F4.jpeg

AD5EEC04-191A-4934-8B93-A25659363F1C.jpeg

A9C71948-CC2D-4A28-818F-7421F7491D2D.jpeg

84A70DC4-F901-487A-B7C2-4D2FA2E8232A.jpeg

26BE07F4-A4A0-4B7E-B073-028F68A3B542.jpeg

23A4CC8E-9292-479C-AB18-50E1174FE991.jpeg

Last edited:
How soon after delivery do we get the V5C?
collected on Monday around 1pm, they registered with DVLA around 4pm according to the printout of it they attached to my Tesla account, V5C received this morning (Thursday) so pretty quick!
Already had my personalised plates made up, so made the change on DVLA and just waiting for their punched-card database to update so I can update insurance...pretty painless so far

Picked up from Thorpe Park 11am. Model 3’s as far as the eye can see.
Pertinent points:
  • Painless exercise as others have pointed out.
  • Missing wireless charging and front USB ports :/. Scheduled to have them fitted 18th (earliest I could choose was Tuesday but it’s having ceramic coat fitted next week). That’s assuming they have them in stock to fit!
  • 4 miles on odometer.
  • Everything on checklist fine other than a tiny scratch/rough bumper trim inside the front bumper - I’m sure my detailer can get that out.
  • 40% charge
View attachment 742277

View attachment 742278
View attachment 742280
View attachment 742281
View attachment 742282
View attachment 742283
View attachment 742284
View attachment 742285
View attachment 742286
View attachment 742287
Congrats, Thanks for the lovely pictures. Just to clarify you meant the USB C-type ports are missing in the front storage compartment, is it?

Reactions: PastaSource
What model year VINs have people been getting? 2021 or 2022?

Mine is 2021 (M in the 10th digit), and I was wondering if this was expected or not, as I believe they change over around now.

Practically it may not make any difference, but I am curious to see what others have been getting.

Congrats, Thanks for the lovely pictures. Just to clarify you meant the USB C-type ports are missing in the front storage compartment, is it?
Yes, those are missing in the forward centre console compartment and wireless charging not working either.
Also, just received a text update saying I’ll get a notification in-app once they have them in stock so they had to cancel my appointment :/.

E5F8ED24-6617-4326-921A-AFFC3919D491.jpeg

B55C4D11-8202-4BF2-821B-A688B159F5F7.jpeg

I collected my SR+ Blue / Black today from Bluewater.

Really easy process and staff were really friendly. Bluewater pickup is in a multi-story car park, so very dark. I didn't even bother inspecting the care in too much detail, and drove straight to the Supercharger and got some juice in it for the ride home (not essential, but I wanted to option to go for a spin when I got home too). I could only get about 35 KWh out of the charger, but all the stalls were full, so I am not sure how many were sharing power.

It was filthy, so I gave it a bit of a clean when I got it home and gave it a check over. From what I can see, it is pretty near perfect (Front USB ports are fitted and work fine).

I bought this in the middle of the fuel "crisis" having driven a friends SR+ for about 3 mins 5 months ago. Having set my alarm for 04:00 on a Sunday to get enough fuel to get to work, when I got home, I logged on as soon as I got home and bought it. So, I haven't really had a test drive to see what it is really like to drive.

Even though it is "only" the SR+, I am really impressed with the performance. The basic Autopilot functions are amazing (although easy to get into a bit of mode confusion if you aren't careful).

The only slight imperfection I can see, is very very subtle, but the bonnet on the drivers side, has a very small dent (so small, I hesitate calling it a dent), right on the edge where it meets the wing panel, about 15 cm forwards of the windscreen. I can't even see it on a photo, but I keep seeing it from the driver's seat when I am driving. Not sure whether to report it or not.

SW Version 2021.40.6 installed, heated seats and steering wheel not yet showing.

I just have to sell the Seat Leon now!

Nikola Side_LI.jpg

Nikola Side 2_LI.jpg
Nikola Front_LI.jpg

I collected my SR+ Blue / Black today from Bluewater.

Really easy process and staff were really friendly. Bluewater pickup is in a multi-story car park, so very dark. I didn't even bother inspecting the care in too much detail, and drove straight to the Supercharger and got some juice in it for the ride home (not essential, but I wanted to option to go for a spin when I got home too). I could only get about 35 KWh out of the charger, but all the stalls were full, so I am not sure how many were sharing power.

It was filthy, so I gave it a bit of a clean when I got it home and gave it a check over. From what I can see, it is pretty near perfect (Front USB ports are fitted and work fine).

I bought this in the middle of the fuel "crisis" having driven a friends SR+ for about 3 mins 5 months ago. Having set my alarm for 04:00 on a Sunday to get enough fuel to get to work, when I got home, I logged on as soon as I got home and bought it. So, I haven't really had a test drive to see what it is really like to drive.

Even though it is "only" the SR+, I am really impressed with the performance. The basic Autopilot functions are amazing (although easy to get into a bit of mode confusion if you aren't careful).

The only slight imperfection I can see, is very very subtle, but the bonnet on the drivers side, has a very small dent (so small, I hesitate calling it a dent), right on the edge where it meets the wing panel, about 15 cm forwards of the windscreen. I can't even see it on a photo, but I keep seeing it from the driver's seat when I am driving. Not sure whether to report it or not.

SW Version 2021.40.6 installed, heated seats and steering wheel not yet showing.

I just have to sell the Seat Leon now!

View attachment 742740

View attachment 742739 View attachment 742736
The more I see of the blue, the happier I am that I went for it. Roll on a week on Tuesday!