Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tweet.jpg
Like.jpeg
Duo.jpeg
Merry xmas.jpg
Picked up my M3 RWD from Thorpe Park, Absolutely no issues. Good delivery experience and no quality issues or missing parts. Car came with 40% charging which is more than enough to reach my destination. Car appeared in my phone instantly (before actually reaching delivery tent from front office). You will need to pair your phone by keeping car key in place from inside. Tail light set seems to be newer design (seen some postings in forum that some people receiving with old design). Straight off to motorway and steering felt very heavy and vibrating while AP calibrating (not sure of the link though). Interestingly once AP calibration done, it allowed me off-hands for quite a while. This is my first hand driving experience with Tesla's and having used ID3 since the beginning of this year, I can easily see why Tesla's is way better car (not just EV) but nothing wrong with ID3 though it just cant compete with M3 yet.

Just preparing insurance for my pick up on Saturday, but no insurer recognises the number plate Tesla have given me! Any ideas?
Tesla "assign" you a Reg (probably in a spreadsheet) before sending you the SMS. They don't register it with the DVLA until the morning of collection, and then it will be a few days from then before it is recognised.

Looks like you have done the right thing and called up. Interesting fact, in case you have or ever purchase one but changing the Reg to a private plate doesn't cost a penny with Peugeot so i am told. There isn't even an admin fee because of how menial a task it is!

Reactions: Kalessin
She looks feckin’ awesome mate! Q

What’s the diff between ceramic coating and PPF? And why don’t car manufacturers put this kind of stuff on?
Time and money. They prefer to wash it down with some grit.

Ppf is a film, very costly depending on where you are. Most people only get the front end done because of the cost - far more protective than ceramic coating.

Ceramic coating adds another layer onto of the paint, like a clear coat which is very resistant to acid aka bird *sugar*. Can stop swirl marks to a degree but it’s strongest point is that it can repel water and mud / dirt very effectively. It’s very easy to clean a car that has a ceramic coat - spraying it with a hose is sometimes enough.

Ppf is very effective at protecting against scuffs and stone chips - ceramic will not. Some people ceramic coat their ppf

What's everyone getting at 100% charge on their SR+?

Tend to be getting 434/435km range showing. Does it base itself off of your driving habit etc? That's about 270miles in old money.

Definitely the new battery but I'm wondering is mine ever so slightly less because I've the performance A motor.

What's everyone getting at 100% charge on their SR+?

Tend to be getting 434/435km range showing. Does it base itself off of your driving habit etc? That's about 270miles in old money.

Definitely the new battery but I'm wondering is mine ever so slightly less because I've the performance A motor.
Mines the same as yours new battery performance motor and so far had 271, 273 and strangely 283. But actual less of course.

Reactions: Bandito