Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am 1 week in with my SR+ and absolutely love the car. The acceleration is just fantastic even though its only 1 motor. One thing I particularly enjoy is the easy entry mode as I have set it up to put the wheel right in and the seat really far back and low so that when it loads my profile it all shifts and slides to my driving position. Very geeky but it puts a smile on my face :cool:

I just wondered what people are doing with the mud flaps that come with the car in the boot. Are people fitting them? If so does anyone have any instructions as to how to do it?

Also I am on the lookout for some interior matts as the ones supplied with the SR+ a bit a thin and I am not sure they will hold up to the great British winter. I cam across this site has anyone had any experience? The price is so low compared to what you can find on Amazon

Thanks in advance

One thing I particularly enjoy is the easy entry mode as I have set it up to put the wheel right in and the seat really far back and low so that when it loads my profile it all shifts and slides to my driving position. Very geeky but it puts a smile on my face :cool:
Mine has a similar seat setting, be careful if you have a passenger sat behind you. I've nearly crushed/trapped a couple of people :eek:

What's everyone getting at 100% charge on their SR+?

Tend to be getting 434/435km range showing. Does it base itself off of your driving habit etc? That's about 270miles in old money.

Definitely the new battery but I'm wondering is mine ever so slightly less because I've the performance A motor.
Either 271 and 273 miles have shown on mine

Reactions: Abcmsaj and Bandito
Tend to be getting 434/435km range showing. Does it base itself off of your driving habit etc?
No. The car uses a fixed Wh/m multiplied by the usable battery. Confusion further exists as the car shows the US EPA rating, whereas the website uses the UK WLTP. That makes it look like car has already suffered battery degredation, which of course it hasn't.

If range is important e.g. on a long drive and not local driving, use the sat nav and the energy graph, which does take into account your recent driving history. It also takes into account the topography of the route but not weather conditions e.g. wind direction.

Reactions: Simonix and Bandito
Tesla "assign" you a Reg (probably in a spreadsheet) before sending you the SMS. They don't register it with the DVLA until the morning of collection, and then it will be a few days from then before it is recognised.

Looks like you have done the right thing and called up. Interesting fact, in case you have or ever purchase one but changing the Reg to a private plate doesn't cost a penny with Peugeot so i am told. There isn't even an admin fee because of how menial a task it is!
Must be something better than spreadsheet. Either they can pre-allocate specific reg ranges with DVLA, or “lock” reg numbers without officially registering them. Otherwise conflicts with other manufacturers will occur.

Must be something better than spreadsheet. Either they can pre-allocate specific reg ranges with DVLA, or “lock” reg numbers without officially registering them. Otherwise conflicts with other manufacturers will occur.
You say that, but you’d think test and trace was more elaborate than a spreadsheet… but let’s not get into that.

I’m sure it’s more elaborate than a spreadsheet , I was just using that as an example of “earmarking” your reg without registering it.

I've just done a full 100% charge. shows circa 334 miles(long range car), based on the previous 40 miles i've done(at a guess).

I'm now going to run it to near zero to see what it does in mixed use.
Mine is 335

I would NOT run it to 0!! I can tell you 335 is not going to be accurate, 300 is likely to be more the story. Plus your reserve under 0% and you may well see it make 335/350

BUT. I’m hoping this enables you not to put that to the test. Really bad for the car. Leave that *sugar* to YouTubers.

Reactions: khew1988
Mine is 335

I would NOT run it to 0!! I can tell you 335 is not going to be accurate, 300 is likely to be more the story. Plus your reserve under 0% and you may well see it make 335/350

BUT. I’m hoping this enables you not to put that to the test. Really bad for the car. Leave that *sugar* to YouTubers.

i'm going to run it down to 2-4%

I'm hoping it'll do 200miles at normal motorway speed, 250 in normal use.

I don't think that's correct. It might not be wise to leave it for long periods < 20% but plenty of us on here run below 20% in normal use - but then charge reasonably quickly afterwards
Also, how would you know what % you were at if you display range instead - if % was crucial it would be locked to % and % alone surely?

Its a bit like the old myth of not letting a car that runs on liquid dinosaurs go below 1/4 of tank i feel.

Also, how would you know what % you were at if you display range instead - if % was crucial it would be locked to % and % alone surely?

Its a bit like the old myth of not letting a car that runs on liquid dinosaurs go below 1/4 of tank i feel.
I think Tesla don’t want to over complicate things so keep it as simple as possible.

But batteries are batteries, same as the ones in your phone or camera.

Plenty of research out there to suggest that keeping the battery in the mid range his healthier for your battery.

Nothing wrong with charging to 100% or drilling it down to 0% but you’ll probably see much bigger losses on the car if you kept doing this. Most might see a 5% drop in 3-4 years as opposed to someone who has the different attitude to batt health who might see 20%.

Recommendation is to not let the battery go below 20% charge. You run the risk of doing damage to some of car’s systems if you do.
I don't know where you read that but it's nonsense. There is absoultely no problem at all using the full capacity of the battery - that's what it's there for. It is best not to leave it sitting at low SoC, especially in cold weather as the usable capacity will reduce and you could end up will less useable than you need.

Historically the 12v on the MS & MX wasn't topped up if the car was left at <20%, and that could hurt the 12v, but not th emain pack.

Aside from the new pack that is happy to be charged to 100% routinely, the same applies to charging to 100% - absolutely no problem in doing this, just don't leave the car sitting there for hours on end.