Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple of weeks later… had mine ceramic coated with crystal serum ultra and I’m soooo glad I chose red.

It really turns heads.

By the way, overall I love this car. It had a bit of a squeaky window so had to go to the Tesla Service Centre for a couple of days and I was given a Model S loaner. That's a completely different feeling car. If it was a space ship, it'd be like a Next Generation Enterprise; kinda oldschool, with fancy screens but also real leather and hardwood. Whereas the Model 3 is more like The Orville, simplistic and clean and otherworldly.

Attachments

• 70976E2A-A777-4126-95F6-D835912C5A4B.jpeg
    70976E2A-A777-4126-95F6-D835912C5A4B.jpeg
    920.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Guys anyone here with the ‘new’ Model 3 RWD? Got my V5c today and it’s just registered as a Standard Range Plus, even though they dropped that name? Is this the same as everyone else?

From what I know, the SR+ is what have been delivered this year. The RWD (non SR+) version is the 2022 deliveries.

I ordered a SR+ in September, and that’s what got delivered to me last month.

Reactions: LeSloth
Couple of weeks later… had mine ceramic coated with crystal serum ultra and I’m soooo glad I chose red.

It really turns heads.

By the way, overall I love this car. It had a bit of a squeaky window so had to go to the Tesla Service Centre for a couple of days and I was given a Model S loaner. That's a completely different feeling car. If it was a space ship, it'd be like a Next Generation Enterprise; kinda oldschool, with fancy screens but also real leather and hardwood. Whereas the Model 3 is more like The Orville, simplistic and clean and otherworldly.
Does look stunning

Same as Simonix, ordered an SR+ in September, collected in November and registered as a “Standard Range Plus” in our V5C.
@WKZ12 , looking at your sginature, you ordered your car on 24/11 from the inventory. I would bet that this almost certainly would have been a Standard Range plus.

To be fair, chances are ,you now have a "unicorn" anyway. The larger 60kwh battery, heated rear seats & steering wheel, all with the original SR+ faster acceleration.

I know I do! :cool:

@WKZ12 , looking at your sginature, you ordered your car on 24/11 from the inventory. I would bet that this almost certainly would have been a Standard Range plus.

To be fair, chances are ,you now have a "unicorn" anyway. The larger 60kwh battery, heated rear seats & steering wheel, all with the original SR+ faster acceleration.

I know I do! :cool:

Thanks for the help guys!

I just wondered because when I placed the order it definitely said about the slower 0-60 and bigger range etc.

I guess I’ll have to time the 0-60 next time it’s dry lol

Reactions: LeSloth and Simonix

It really turns heads.

Looks amazing... Would you be able give me price you paid for ceramic coating please?

Reactions: kael13
I had my car treated at the beginning of December and went for a full package of PPF to the bonnet, front wings, wing mirrors, side skirts and rear wheel arches - then ceramic coating and interior protection for the seats etc.

All this cost £2,500 + VAT and the car was there for 4 full days.

The guy who runs the place advised me that if I only did one thing then I should go for the PPF to protect the paint from stone chips etc.

Collected my M3LR from Newcastle today. The guys there were great, very friendly, and the handover couldn’t be easier.
It was p*sing it down with rain so couldn’t really inspect the paintwork but body panel gaps look fine and the interior is immaculate. No front USB C or wireless charging but I’m told they will be fitted in the New Year so that’s fine.
I got used to the acceleration (chill mode for now) and regen hold mode much quicker than I expected and the journey home was amazing.
SHE’S SO QUIET!!
Biggest problem I have at the moment is that my granny charger isn’t quite long enough.

Attachments

• 81C63B5C-EF8F-437F-B758-70FF42F5BD6C.jpeg
    81C63B5C-EF8F-437F-B758-70FF42F5BD6C.jpeg
    983.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 5B6583E2-5DF1-463A-9550-E74B6F88FFCB.jpeg
    5B6583E2-5DF1-463A-9550-E74B6F88FFCB.jpeg
    902.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 3CE811F0-A246-47BD-8EBE-5E73FB3EE681.jpeg
    3CE811F0-A246-47BD-8EBE-5E73FB3EE681.jpeg
    970.5 KB · Views: 85
Did my first big drive in the LR for Christmas. 250 miles, lots of stops and carrying loads of cargo. Made it to the destination with 20% charge (no charging on the journey) which I think is decent enough.

Really love the car, absolute dream to drive. Would love a tad more range but that isn’t possible just yet

Did my first big drive in the LR for Christmas. 250 miles, lots of stops and carrying loads of cargo. Made it to the destination with 20% charge (no charging on the journey) which I think is decent enough.

Really love the car, absolute dream to drive. Would love a tad more range but that isn’t possible just yet
THats not bad going. Any motorway stuff? Looks like 50 miles left?

Reactions: professoroak
Collected my M3 just over a week ago now, have waited to post some pics until I could get it ceramic coated. Just picked it up and it looks fantastic, even if I do say so myself. 😁 I was convinced I'd be removing the aero caps very quickly, but seeing them in person I actually quite like them. Next job, window tinting!

Here's a few pics under the lights...
Hi! Congratulations, your car looks awesome. Does it come with the new tail lights?