Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yep, RN directly by text from Tesla back at the start of June like you. But nothing since. Lease company were forecasting delivery beginning of July (which from others on the forum suggests a WAG) but it suddenly jumped to mid Sep last week, so I am hopeful that I will get a VIN soon like you, but won't be holding my breath !:rolleyes:
Seems to be a bit of a lottery when it comes to the competence of lease companies. Bottom line is no matter how poor they are, if your order is in Tesla will sort it all, not them, so think you'll get one at the same time as me and others who ordered then 👍

For those who have ordered the standard range the Tesla Website now says September Delivery, looks like they have been brought forward...
Do Tesla publish model sales proportion numbers? I'm assuming the SR+ is the most popular as it's the cheapest model but there are quite a few people on here that have the LR or Performance. Which isn't surprising I guess given the savings when ordered via fleets.

As far as my understanding goes Tesla never let the lease companies deliver the car, they have total control in the final prt of the jigsaw. So once everything is cleared from NHS lease or personal lease Tesla will take over the delivery process.
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that the lease company themselves would be delivering, but that the fleet company still had us down as wanting Tesla to deliver the car to our home (because that's the fleet company's default), which would of course have introduced further delays. Even though we'd told the fleet company on at least two occasions that we were happy to pick up ourselves and would do anything to keep delays to a minimum. (I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have had the car before our holiday/before the end of June if I hadn't persisted with Tesla. And 'persisted' is the right word, because it felt like Tesla's own default was to believe they don't have the authority to talk directly to the 'leasee' but must always defer to the fleet/lease company - fair enough, I suppose; the lease company is their customer, after all. But it all felt rather Kafkaesque.)

Last edited:
Been reading through this thread and you lot seem like a knowledgeable bunch so I thought id ask about delivery.

I ordered my lease car through knowles fleet/NHS Salary Sacrifice back in late April, my current lease car ends in August so I’ve had to wait a while. I currently have a delivery date of 6th of Septembe, I was wondering if this seemed like a sensible handover date from what people have been finding out.
You might have caught one or two of my posts/moans already (we put in our NHS salary sacrifice application at the end of March and Knowles finally placed our order on 22nd April). I have no idea if this timescale seems sensible - wiser heads than mine will be able to help - but I wish you luck!

(Which reminds me, I've still not heard from Knowles about a promised refund for the fact that VW Leasing cocked up our order and didn't use a supercharger referral code...)

Quite a few SR+, LR, and Performance models showing in inventory currently, all "in transit".
They seems to come and go all the time, though I'm not seeing any at the moment just 5 minutes after you posted.

I'm assuming these are vehicles that have been cancelled and therefore become available but I would have thought there are other people inline that would match against them before they become publicly available - maybe they are automatically shown as inventory by the system as the orders are cancelled, and then they are matched to a queuing order almost straightaway, hence they only appear for a few minutes?

They seems to come and go all the time, though I'm not seeing any at the moment just 5 minutes after you posted.

I'm assuming these are vehicles that have been cancelled and therefore become available but I would have thought there are other people inline that would match against them before they become publicly available - maybe they are automatically shown as inventory by the system as the orders are cancelled, and then they are matched to a queuing order almost straightaway, hence they only appear for a few minutes?
When I spoke to chat, he claimed those shown were "excess" vehicles. Over and above any current orders.

When I spoke to chat, he claimed those shown were "excess" vehicles. Over and above any current orders.
That's certainly what I would hope - that people who have ordered are taking priority and these are over any above all orders they have received (even if VIN numbers haven't been matched yet).

I'm seeing them now on the website - I don't believe it is a browser caching issue my end, just seems to be a bit hit and miss if they show up or not.

In your account, open your 'Booking Invoice' document - mine shows a VIN in there already (inventory stock ordered this afternoon)
What does your order say for delivery? Does it just say we’ll reach out to you to schedule delivery?

Ordered inventory stock as well last week but no update on a delivery date other than in one email that said 17/08-02/09

What does your order say for delivery? Does it just say we’ll reach out to you to schedule delivery?

Ordered inventory stock as well last week but no update on a delivery date other than in one email that said 17/08-02/09
Yeah, it just says that they'll reach out to me to schedule delivery.

I have to admit I'm impressed with how quickly the order process is - from clicking to order and having all the steps completed, finance approved etc within about 20-30 minutes!

Yeah, it just says that they'll reach out to me to schedule delivery.

I have to admit I'm impressed with how quickly the order process is - from clicking to order and having all the steps completed, finance approved etc within about 20-30 minutes!
Yes Tesla is so good in that side of things, making a car purchase online as easy as ordering an iPhone. The German car manufacturers can learn something from this. At the peak of Covid I ordered and in 2 weeks it was delivered to my home - in between I made one phone call to change delivery date. I am sure people had very bad experience too with Tesla. Hopefully Tesla will make that rare over a period of time. But they can beat any German car manufacturers hands down in the whole experience of buying a car online.

Reactions: NATO
Yes Tesla is so good in that side of things, making a car purchase online as easy as ordering an iPhone. The German car manufacturers can learn something from this. At the peak of Covid I ordered and in 2 weeks it was delivered to my home - in between I made one phone call to change delivery date. I am sure people had very bad experience too with Tesla. Hopefully Tesla will make that rare over a period of time. But they can beat any German car manufacturers hands down in the whole experience of buying a car online.
There's a review online that starts with him searching, speccing, ordering, and paying deposit in less than 60 secs. Madness :D

The key difference is that everyone knows there are no deals to haggle with Tesla currently even if you went into a showroom. You can order a BMW online if you want but who pays list price for a BM these days?