Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice one - thanks very much! Time to get the wall connector installed then!
Don't be in too much of a hurry as it's a good idea to be able to test the new charger with the car & installing too early means a chunk of its warranty period is spent doing nothing.

I had mine fitted a month after taking delivery of the car & in the meantime, using the supplied granny charger it's easy to get over 100 miles added range overnight.

1st post, so hello! Ordered M3LR (in blue, all standard otherwise) on 5th July. Leasing direct via Tesla. Got my RN same day, completed everything in the account screen, now says ‘drafting contract’ since… Am I right to assume this is pretty regular and I just need to wait for delivery info?
Keep on top of them. I ordered with business contract hire through Tesla and they had to manually move the order as it hadn’t processed correctly even though they finance had been approved. A couple of phone calls and they got it moving.

Order disappeared from the My Account which is apparently normal for business contract hire (they did warn me of this in advance). Do I still get a delivery text or is it a different process?

We ordered last Friday after test driving about a month ago. Wife has had sleepless nights since!
Due for delivery in September of Black M3 SR+
that's very quick, we ordered on 7th July via lease..same model ..still have not got any txt about delivery date yet ....did you get txt from tesla about its delivery date?did you order via lease company or direct from tesla...i have only got RN number on 9th July...

that's very quick, we ordered on 7th July via lease..same model ..still have not got any txt about delivery date yet ....did you get txt from tesla about its delivery date?did you order via lease company or direct from tesla...i have only got RN number on 9th July...
I'm the same, order confirmed on 6th July, got an RN but that's it. Just spoke to Tesla and they said there's a small possibility it could be September but more than likely late November.

I ordered my m3LR (standard spec) on 30 June. Currently waiting for allocation / final invoice. Does anybody have experience of Tesla part exchange? I’m trading in my current car and have been given a firm valuation but this might expire before I take delivery. I’m worried that they might then drop their valuation significantly leaving me short. Luckily I can keep my current car off the road until then so mileage / condition shouldn’t change.

I ordered my m3LR (standard spec) on 30 June. Currently waiting for allocation / final invoice. Does anybody have experience of Tesla part exchange? I’m trading in my current car and have been given a firm valuation but this might expire before I take delivery. I’m worried that they might then drop their valuation significantly leaving me short. Luckily I can keep my current car off the road until then so mileage / condition shouldn’t change.
Hi there. I was in a similar predicament so when I ordered I selected “cash” rather than p/ex as the Tesla bod said I (he) could go back into the order nearer the time and sort the p/ex out nearer to delivery to avoid the hassle of the 60 day limit and mileage issues. Hopefully it’ll all work out as I’m using the Tesla valuation to pay off my current PCP!

Don't be in too much of a hurry as it's a good idea to be able to test the new charger with the car & installing too early means a chunk of its warranty period is spent doing nothing.

I had mine fitted a month after taking delivery of the car & in the meantime, using the supplied granny charger it's easy to get over 100 miles added range overnight.
Ooh that’s a really good shout, thanks. It’s arrived today, might make some initial enquiries about installation but look to book some time mid-August

I’m getting stressed now. There’s a current inventory model sitting in inventory which matches my requested spec exactly. I presume “in transit” means they’ll still be part of whatever shipment is on the way? Also, why haven’t any Performance models come up in inventory if they’re also due in August?
Based on my experience this usually means no performance models have left China yet. Usually when the ship leaves China vin numbers get assingned and the inventory fills up.

Reactions: NJR46
I did a part exchange in March 2020 just as lockdown hit. I thought Tesla might reduce the price of the trade in as everyone else was doing that but they did not. Tesla was as good as gold with the trade in.

Just had the magic text, delivery 18th August. Ordered M3LR on 3rd June in white, black int., no options 🥳
Congrats!
So eager to get that text as well.
Been nothing new for weeks. But 4 days ago I got a notice from the Tesla app, and I could all of a sudden as my referral code etc. But for som strange reason I cannot get back to the same page again. So now it’s back to looking at the beautiful blue M3 LR with only links to the videos and support :/

Reactions: RazorCH3
Congrats!
So eager to get that text as well.
Been nothing new for weeks. But 4 days ago I got a notice from the Tesla app, and I could all of a sudden as my referral code etc. But for som strange reason I cannot get back to the same page again. So now it’s back to looking at the beautiful blue M3 LR with only links to the videos and support :/
It’s unlike any other car order I’ve ever placed, but I suppose the car is unlike any other. I hope you get more info soon 🙂

It's all gone quiet for the last week or so, since the last flurry with vin's and collection dates.

For those still without a VIN/collection date, but still expecting/hoping for an August delivery date based on when you ordered - any luck getting an update from chat or telephone in the last few days that gives you any comfort /expectation that August might still be possible, or even likelihood of being matched anytime soon...

I feel like a kid asking, 'are we there yet!'

Reactions: Erol
I did a part exchange in March 2020 just as lockdown hit. I thought Tesla might reduce the price of the trade in as everyone else was doing that but they did not. Tesla was as good as gold with the trade in.
Weirdly I had the Tesla rep tell me explicitly not to go with Tesla trade in.

I was wanting to trade in a Golf R MK7.5, the Tesla rep was a petrol head so knew exactly what the car was/market was like. This was funnily enough the main reason for trading up now, as I could walk away from the R with 3 amazing years and love for that car taking a tiny hit (bought for £28k new 3 years ago), into a car I've been wanting for years (M3 LR) but couldn't justify. He knew off the top of his head what the market was like at the moment for the 7.5 generation of the R's, in that the price has sky rocketed recently due to the MK8 being undesirable and the COVID used car market oddity. Tesla offered me £22k, but via his advice I ended up selling privately for around £25k (as there is some paint/trim damage to the rear passenger side and rear). Well worth the added effort.

All going well, that will leave my possession on Tuesday (touch wood!) and I am yet to get a delivery window for my M3 LR, but only socially use my car anyway. The silence and wait is killing me!

I know it may be off topic for this thread, but my order is currently on "Next Steps: We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." and no delivery estimate is given. Is this normal?

Reactions: Nick77
It's all gone quiet for the last week or so, since the last flurry with vin's and collection dates.

For those still without a VIN/collection date, but still expecting/hoping for an August delivery date based on when you ordered - any luck getting an update from chat or telephone in the last few days that gives you any comfort /expectation that August might still be possible, or even likelihood of being matched anytime soon...

I feel like a kid asking, 'are we there yet!'
I’ve given up asking them. You get a different answer each time!

Reactions: Erol