Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you find the vin number in the page source?

I ordered a m3lr on 20 June but no info since! Interested to see if I have a car too!

Thanks for all the help and info!
I assume you need the desktop version, right click on your account page and select 'View page source'. I have done this but couldn't find a Vin although got the allocated text yesterday. I might be doing something wrong though.

Reactions: Richmajor1
I assume you need the desktop version, right click on your account page and select 'View page source'. I have done this but couldn't find a Vin although got the allocated text yesterday. I might be doing something wrong though.
Thanks, I managed to get to the source code, but when trying to locate the vin the find function was coming up with over 100 instances of vin, so wondered how it might appear. For example a : following etc?

Thanks, I managed to get to the source code, but when trying to locate the vin the find function was coming up with over 100 instances of vin, so wondered how it might appear. For example a : following etc?
As @C225 suggests, rather than search for VIN as you will turn up hundreds of results, search for LRW. Chinese made cars have VINs starting with this.

Reactions: Richmajor1
I don't have a VIN assigned yet fro my M3LR but tried to get some information from Tesla regarding timing of delivery for September delivery marked cars.

"I can't confirm anything without a VIN number. But expectation is that if you order a car late August it will be delivered late September."

To me that sounds like if you have done your order in during July and don't have a VIN, it probably is early September instead of late. Guess it's just to wait and see.

I don't have a VIN assigned yet fro my M3LR but tried to get some information from Tesla regarding timing of delivery for September delivery marked cars.

"I can't confirm anything without a VIN number. But expectation is that if you order a car late August it will be delivered late September."

To me that sounds like if you have done your order in during July and don't have a VIN, it probably is early September instead of late. Guess it's just to wait and see.

I ordered mid July, when I ordered the rep was 90% sure I would get a 1st or 2nd week September delivery allocation. So far, since my order, I haven't heard a peep out of Tesla, I have no EDD and no VIN, or the follow up emails I've sent to the rep. Set a reminder mid August to check again, as I really need to get insurance rolling around then to get the cheapest rates using the golden 21 day rule. So big fingers crossed those dates still ring true.

Made the mistake of contacting Tesla to see if I could get a date out of them given they had provided a VIN 2 weeks ago. Turns out that VIN is assigned to someone else and there is nothing allocated to my RN :mad: He seemed to suggest itwould be September, regardless but that is some shoddy work between the lease company and them