Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

Llangwm1

Jun 22, 2021
Uk
How do you find the vin number in the page source?

I ordered a m3lr on 20 June but no info since! Interested to see if I have a car too!

Thanks for all the help and info!
I assume you need the desktop version, right click on your account page and select 'View page source'. I have done this but couldn't find a Vin although got the allocated text yesterday. I might be doing something wrong though.

Reactions: Richmajor1

Erol

Jun 18, 2021
Surrey
I assume you need the desktop version, right click on your account page and select 'View page source'. I have done this but couldn't find a Vin although got the allocated text yesterday. I might be doing something wrong though.
Thanks! Nothing on mine but to be fair I’m getting through lease so didn’t have much hope!

Richmajor1

Jun 25, 2021
Leeds
Thanks, I managed to get to the source code, but when trying to locate the vin the find function was coming up with over 100 instances of vin, so wondered how it might appear. For example a : following etc?

sparkymark75

Jun 22, 2021
Scotland
Thanks, I managed to get to the source code, but when trying to locate the vin the find function was coming up with over 100 instances of vin, so wondered how it might appear. For example a : following etc?
As @C225 suggests, rather than search for VIN as you will turn up hundreds of results, search for LRW. Chinese made cars have VINs starting with this.

Reactions: Richmajor1

Kevg

Jul 26, 2021
Warwickshire
Just got a text to say that I've been matched to a car. No delivery date yet. It's a lease so no other information.

Ordered M3 LR in white with EAP as the only option on the 6th June.
Did you get the text from Tesla or the lease company? Wondering if it's a follow on from all the people getting the VINS yesterday?

Zill

Jul 28, 2021
UK
I don't have a VIN assigned yet fro my M3LR but tried to get some information from Tesla regarding timing of delivery for September delivery marked cars.

"I can't confirm anything without a VIN number. But expectation is that if you order a car late August it will be delivered late September."

To me that sounds like if you have done your order in during July and don't have a VIN, it probably is early September instead of late. Guess it's just to wait and see.

moodel_tree

Jul 21, 2021
London, UK
I don't have a VIN assigned yet fro my M3LR but tried to get some information from Tesla regarding timing of delivery for September delivery marked cars.

"I can't confirm anything without a VIN number. But expectation is that if you order a car late August it will be delivered late September."

To me that sounds like if you have done your order in during July and don't have a VIN, it probably is early September instead of late. Guess it's just to wait and see.

I ordered mid July, when I ordered the rep was 90% sure I would get a 1st or 2nd week September delivery allocation. So far, since my order, I haven't heard a peep out of Tesla, I have no EDD and no VIN, or the follow up emails I've sent to the rep. Set a reminder mid August to check again, as I really need to get insurance rolling around then to get the cheapest rates using the golden 21 day rule. So big fingers crossed those dates still ring true.

Kevg

Jul 26, 2021
Warwickshire
I ordered black M3P mid July and was told August delivery and have since been told late August/September delivery. Was hoping for the August delivery as away last week and looking forward to driving it to Cornwall. No VIN yet though :(

TesTed

Jun 13, 2021
Yorkshire Dales
Made the mistake of contacting Tesla to see if I could get a date out of them given they had provided a VIN 2 weeks ago. Turns out that VIN is assigned to someone else and there is nothing allocated to my RN :mad: He seemed to suggest itwould be September, regardless but that is some shoddy work between the lease company and them

AlanJnr

May 10, 2021
Surrey
Just got my text today but nothing on the order page source code. Has anyone ordered through Octopus? I can;t see in the app or desktop that I have an order.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC